2019 recruiting

If we didn't take transfers, we might as well pack it in. We could never sustain our program in a league like the ACC with just HS recruits.

We need to use all recruiting sources: Players from outside the US, transfers, Grad Transfers, JuCos, etc. I'd like to see us recruit specifically in Spain, Serbia, Croatia, China and, most of all, Canada. More and more quality players are coming fron North of the Border.

Another factor. Miami actually has better name recognition (as a desirable destination) outside the US than within. At least that was the case when I lived abroad for 6 years. It still carries a positive attraction abroad which seems to have been, for whatever reasons , eroded somewhat from what it once was here in the States.

Advertisement
April 20th? Bold prediction: Anthony shocks the world and picks Colorado, prompting everybody to ask "what the **** is he smoking??"

Advertisement
Looks like we are making a push for Stephen F. Austin grad transfer T.J. Holyfield. He's a 6'8" forward that averaged 12.9 points, 6.4 rebounds, and shot 41% from 3 as a junior in 2017-18, but missed last year due to a shoulder injury.

He's already connected with both Coach L and Caputo.

Advertisement
https://usatodayhss.com/2019/geico-nationals-breaking-down-the-eight-team-field

Tristan Enaruna and Harlond Beverly will be playing this weekend on ESPN (2 or U). I hope Coach L and the entire coaching staff attend, of course, as long as it is not an NCAA rules violation.

Harlond Beverly (2019 recruit) and Montverde Academy plays Scottie Barnes (2020 recruit) and University School in the first round at 2 pm on ESPNU on Thursday.

Tristan Enaruna (2019 recruit) and Wasatasch Academy plays Cam Thomas (2020 recruit) and Oak Hill Academy in the first round at 6 pm on ESPNU on Thursday.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nassir Little leaving UNC for NBA after one season. Means UNC might be going after a big man we also have on our radar.

I don't mean to be rude but back to 2019 recruiting.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...-nate-oats-kentucky-indiana-mississippi-state

I spoke with Tristan Enaruna last week and while there is still no rush to make a college decision, he is hoping to begin his official visit tour this month. The Rivals150 prospect is one of the top available seniors this spring and has yet to take any of his five allotted official visits. Enaruna, a native of the Netherlands, had been back home for the past two weeks for spring break which put his recruitment on the backburner some.

While he has not set visit dates, Creighton, Kansas and Miami are three of those that he is expected to visit. Enaruna told Rivals.com that he wants to get by the next few weeks in seeing how certain rosters shake out and which coaches go where before solidifying his visits. Expect for other suitors to enter the picture with visits beginning by the end of the month and a decision likely to come in May.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back