2019 Potential Depth Chart (Offense)

QB1 - Tate Martell (if he gets a waiver)
QB2 - Jarren Williams (if he doesn't transfer because of Tate {not saying he will})
QB3 - N'kosi Perry (if he's still on the team)
QB4 - Cade Weldon (who if nothing else at least knows a good weed man which is very valuable, (JK relax).

RB1 - Cam'ron Davis/ Lorenzo Lingard
RB2 - Deejay Dallas
RB3 - Robert Burns
RB4 - Asa Martin (has to redshirt 2019 unfortunately)

Yes I'm aware Deejay will probably be the RB1, but IMO if Lingard is healthy he & Cam in our new offense will make a deadly 2 back combo & Deejay can be in the utility role as a RB/WR, especially in the Redzone he can be real effective in multiple formations.

XWR - KJ Osborn/ Jeremiah Payton/ Marquez Ezzard
YWR - Jeff Thomas/ Mark Pope/ Mike Harley
ZWR - Brian Hightower/ Dee Wiggins/ Evidence Njoku

You can also put JT & the other speedsters at either Z or X in certain sets. That's why it's great bringing in KJ & bringing back JT because they're both very versatile being able to play inside slot or on the outside. We should use all them the same way the Chiefs use their WR's Tyreek Hill, Chris Conley & Sammy Watkins with Travis Kelce.

TE1 - Brevin Jordan
TE2 - Will Mallory
TE3 - Michael Irvin II
TE4 - Brian Polendey
TE5/H-back - Larry Hodges

LT - Tommy Kennedy/ Kai-Leon Herbert
LG - Cleveland Reed/ Zach Dykstra
C - Corey Gaynor/ Jakai Clark
RG - Navaugh Donaldson/ Zalon'tae Hillery
RT - Delone Scaife/ John Campbell

True Freshman Adam ElGammal, Zion Nelson & possibly Clark will probably be Redshirted, but Butch Barry has a very tough task getting these guys ready to go come Fall. Probably need to add another OL from Transfer portal too to be honest, really need more depth. Coach Barry has his work cut out for him in 2020 & beyond recruiting OL's.

Whether it's Tate, Jarren or even N'Kosi with all that firepower at RB, WR & TE, this Offense should be EXPLOSIVE. In Coach Enos's system if we're running a fast paced offense that gets the ball in the hands of the playmakers quickly even if our OL isn't Bama/Clemson caliber I still think we can thrive & put up big numbers.

Who the fck is going to contain a 4-wide WR set with JT4, KJ Osborn, Hightower & Jordan or Pope?!? With Deejay or Cam or Lo in the backfield, smh OMFG absolutely scary what they could do if it all goes right.

Plus think about the bevy of route combinations, double stack/ triple stack formations, screens, double moves down the seam, Post corners, Bang 8's, quick slants, hitches, that 6 route, shallow crosses, the wheel route from a RB out the backfield, **** even lineup a WR in the backfield to get him matched up with a LB & have him run a wheel. Plus we'll finally get pre-snap Motion checks which will help a great deal. IF we run this thing right we can really start offensively tearing teams up & putting points on the board, which will allow the Defense to play with a lead, pin their ears back & hunt.

Our Offense has been an Achilles heel & hasn't been up to par for far too **** long, I really think/hope we're finally making our way into the modern era of football & transitioning into a team that can score at will.

One of the main things that has made Bama, Clemson & Oh St such dominant teams in the playoff era aside from their elite recruiting & coaching, has been their development of high powered Offenses. Yes they all play great Defense as well, but none of them are playing old school 80's/90's style smash-mouth football anymore, they air it out, run the ball & can score in bunches at will with big plays that open the game up & assists their heavy pressure attack Defenses. Its the evolution of Football, even look at the NFL AFC & NFC championship games, all 4 teams have high powered offenses (NE, KC, NO & LA).

Am I saying we're going to be that overnight, NO, but is that enough for us not to lose to weaker Coastal opponents like UVA, GTech, Duke etc, **** the fck yeah it is. I'm not getting too far ahead of myself this early, Idk what our record will be but I definitely think we finish better than 7-6 & hopefully win the Coastal. I'm gonna give Diaz time, I'm not expecting us to go undefeated in year 1, but I 100% believe the Offense will be significantly improved this year.
I agree u on deejay. I think he may get moved back to wr or be that utility player u mentioned in your post. I think he can be waaay more effective this way, and still do the wildcat from time to time.

Advertisement
Agree, guy can find work out of any set. Shame we got away from that last year.

Facts, and I'm not really sure why. DeeJay is a really talented utility player, one I can see having a successful long NFL career. Not sure what we did to him last year, besides the obvious of fattening him up for no reason, but we took away what made him so special, and by all accounts, he still had a strong year despite.

I agree u on deejay. I think he may get moved back to wr or be that utility player u mentioned in your post. I think he can be waaay more effective this way, and still do the wildcat from time to time.

I said from the minute Deejay was recruited that he'd be a perfect replica of what Jaylen Samuels did at NC State. Of course, Richt didn't even remotely use him in that capacity, because that'd have been the smart way to do things.

Samuels was 6'0 and 225 at the combine after playing 4 years at NC State. He ran a 4.54 40, 18 reps on the bench, 34.5" vertical, 4.28 shuttle.

Deejay can definitely replicate these measurables. Maybe not quite the 4.54, but he can run high 4.5, and he's already 220ish. He's not going to be 6'0 at the combine, but he's probably close. But from a skills perspective, he's a Samuels clone.

Between Samuels' junior and senior seasons, he caught 110 balls for 1150 yards and 11 TDs, and he also ran the ball 111 times for 596 yards (5.4 YPC). He may have been listed as a TE, but that boy played all over the field and was a WEAPON for them. Why can't Deejay play that role? Why can't we play base 21 personnel with Lingard/Davis, Deejay, and Jordan. You can put Deejay in the backfield, you can put him in the wildcat, you can put him at H-Back, and you can put him in the slot if the defense wants to play base and run basically 11 as he can really be a WR if you needed him to be.

I just don't understand why you're given a Swiss Army Knife type kid and you play him as a traditional tailback. That makes no sense to me. Deejay caught 10 passes last year. TEN!!!! On a team where the QBs struggle throwing the ball downfield, you have a big, fast, tough kid with A+ vision, wiggle, and he catches everything, and you throw him the ball 10 times in 13 games. That's a **** embarrassment.

I really hope Enos realizes what he has with this kid. He's not a first round player (Samuels went in Round 5 btw), but he is a really good college football player who has been criminally under-utilized. He should be running the ball 5-7 times a game and getting AT LEAST 5 targets from the H-Back & slot positions, as well as some backfield work.

You can’t move DJ totally away from being a RB. Lingard coming off injury and Cam would be the only 2 RB’s worth anything...

Advertisement
You can’t move DJ totally away from being a RB. Lingard coming off injury and Cam would be the only 2 RB’s worth anything...

Lingard's injury was not major for one, and for two, why not? If you read my post above, I'm not advocating moving Deejay totally at all. I would absolutely give him 5-7 carries a game from a traditional RB spot, either as a lone back or out of 2 RB sets.

But last year Homer had 164 carries, Deejay had 109. No other back had more than 28 (Davis). Assuming Lingard is healthy, and he absolutely should be, there's no reason he and Davis can't carry 80%+ of the load and you can move Deejay into a RB/FB/TE/H-Back/Slot WR hybrid player.

Including Choc, Miami RBs combined for 344 carries last year. Just under 80% of them were by Deejay and Travis. No reason you can't follow the same blueprint this year. Whoever emerges best out of Lingard/Davis is your RB1 and gets 45% of your carries (Homer had 48% last year), the silver medalist in that race gets 30-35%, and Deejay gets about 5 a game as well as 5+ targets in the passing game.

Lingard's injury was not major for one, and for two, why not? If you read my post above, I'm not advocating moving Deejay totally at all. I would absolutely give him 5-7 carries a game from a traditional RB spot, either as a lone back or out of 2 RB sets.

But last year Homer had 164 carries, Deejay had 109. No other back had more than 28 (Davis). Assuming Lingard is healthy, and he absolutely should be, there's no reason he and Davis can't carry 90% of the load and you can move Deejay into a RB/FB/TE/H-Back/Slot WR hybrid player.

Including Choc, Miami RBs combined for 344 carries last year. Just under 80% of them were by Deejay and Travis. No reason you can't follow the same blueprint this year. Whoever emerges best out of Lingard/Davis is your RB1 and gets 45% of your carries (Homer had 48% last year), the silver medalist in that race gets 30-35%, and Deejay gets about 5 a game as well as 5+ targets in the passing game.

Just my opinion. I think DJ will be RB1.. he’s proven and a good RB.. i think he needs more than 7 carries a game... I think all 3 will get more than enough carries. He is more than capable of being a slot and he will get some
Snaps, but I think most of his work will be at RB..

I hate it for dj dallas...the board giveth and the board taketh. The once "we need to get him more involved guy" has lost his shine at the U. The newest toy's bling has more flash and sparks right now than the "all canes" hero. Maybe we should do the same for all positions and let the best guy coming out of camp win the job

I said from the minute Deejay was recruited that he'd be a perfect replica of what Jaylen Samuels did at NC State. Of course, Richt didn't even remotely use him in that capacity, because that'd have been the smart way to do things.

Samuels was 6'0 and 225 at the combine after playing 4 years at NC State. He ran a 4.54 40, 18 reps on the bench, 34.5" vertical, 4.28 shuttle.

Deejay can definitely replicate these measurables. Maybe not quite the 4.54, but he can run high 4.5, and he's already 220ish. He's not going to be 6'0 at the combine, but he's probably close. But from a skills perspective, he's a Samuels clone.

Between Samuels' junior and senior seasons, he caught 110 balls for 1150 yards and 11 TDs, and he also ran the ball 111 times for 596 yards (5.4 YPC). He may have been listed as a TE, but that boy played all over the field and was a WEAPON for them. Why can't Deejay play that role? Why can't we play base 21 personnel with Lingard/Davis, Deejay, and Jordan. You can put Deejay in the backfield, you can put him in the wildcat, you can put him at H-Back, and you can put him in the slot if the defense wants to play base and run basically 11 as he can really be a WR if you needed him to be.

I just don't understand why you're given a Swiss Army Knife type kid and you play him as a traditional tailback. That makes no sense to me. Deejay caught 10 passes last year. TEN!!!! On a team where the QBs struggle throwing the ball downfield, you have a big, fast, tough kid with A+ vision, wiggle, and he catches everything, and you throw him the ball 10 times in 13 games. That's a **** embarrassment.

I really hope Enos realizes what he has with this kid. He's not a first round player (Samuels went in Round 5 btw), but he is a really good college football player who has been criminally under-utilized. He should be running the ball 5-7 times a game and getting AT LEAST 5 targets from the H-Back & slot positions, as well as some backfield work.
Swiss army knife is best way to describe him too.... Deejay used right is a game changer

Advertisement
Swiss army knife is best way to describe him too.... Deejay used right is a game changer

Just makes no **** sense to me. A good coach tailors what he does to his player's skills.

Hey coach, here's a 220lb kid who has excellent vision and runs through tackles but also has fantastic hands....oh and here's a QB who might not have figured out he's actually a lefty and can't throw the ball accurately more than 12 yards down the field. Hmmmmm....what can we do here?? I've got it!! Let's play 13 games and throw that mismatch kid the ball 10 times.

You literally can't be that retarded. Pat Nix would've given Deejay 25 touches in the passing game. Just mind blowing ****.

QB Williams / Perry / Keith Richards / Matocha / Martell

RB Dallas / Lingard / Davis / Burns / Martin

FB George

WR Thomas / Harley / Few

WR Pope / Wiggins / Payton

WR Osborn / Hightower / Njoku

TE Jordan / Mallory / Irvin / Polendey / Hodges

LT Kennedy / Herbert / Elgammal

LG Donaldson / Hillery

C Gaynor / Clark

RG Reed / Campbell / Dykstra

RT Scaife / Brown / Nelson

FB George

WR Thomas / Harley / Few

LG Donaldson / Hillery

C Gaynor / Clark

Like the potential of that O-LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!

FB George

WR Thomas / Harley / Few

LG Donaldson / Hillery

C Gaynor / Clark

They're not going to break up the chemistry that Scaife and Donaldson *HOPEFULLY* developed on that right side last year. I expect Donaldson to start at RG and Scaife at RT. Would also be willing to write Kennedy at LT and Gaynor at C in sharpie. LG is the big question mark. IMO 4 spots are locked up unless one of the young kids is the 2nd coming of Orlando Pace.

I'm guessing Reed will get first crack at it.

Advertisement
QB1 - Tate Martell (if he gets a waiver)
QB2 - Jarren Williams (if he doesn't transfer because of Tate {not saying he will})
QB3 - Peyton Matocha
QB4 - N'kosi Perry (if he's still on the team)
QB5 - Cade Weldon (who if nothing else at least knows a good weed man which is very valuable, (JK relax).

RB1 - Cam'ron Davis/ Lorenzo Lingard
RB2 - Deejay Dallas
RB3 - Robert Burns
RB4 - Asa Martin (has to redshirt 2019 unfortunately)

Yes I'm aware Deejay will probably be the RB1, but IMO if Lingard is healthy he & Cam in our new offense will make a deadly 2 back combo & Deejay can be in the utility role as a RB/WR, especially in the Redzone he can be real effective in multiple formations.

XWR - KJ Osborn/ Jeremiah Payton/ Marquez Ezzard
YWR - Jeff Thomas/ Mark Pope/ Mike Harley
ZWR - Brian Hightower/ Dee Wiggins/ Evidence Njoku

You can also put JT & the other speedsters at either Z or X in certain sets. That's why it's great bringing in KJ & bringing back JT because they're both very versatile being able to play inside slot or on the outside. We should use all them the same way the Chiefs use their WR's Tyreek Hill, Chris Conley & Sammy Watkins with Travis Kelce.

TE1 - Brevin Jordan
TE2 - Will Mallory
TE3 - Michael Irvin II
TE4 - Brian Polendey
TE5/H-back - Larry Hodges

LT - Tommy Kennedy/ Kai-Leon Herbert
LG - Cleveland Reed/ Zach Dykstra
C - Corey Gaynor/ Jakai Clark
RG - Navaugh Donaldson/ Zalon'tae Hillery
RT - Delone Scaife/ John Campbell

True Freshman Adam ElGammal, Zion Nelson & possibly Clark will probably be Redshirted, but Butch Barry has a very tough task getting these guys ready to go come Fall. Probably need to add another OL from Transfer portal too to be honest, really need more depth. Coach Barry has his work cut out for him in 2020 & beyond recruiting OL's.

Whether it's Tate, Jarren or even N'Kosi with all that firepower at RB, WR & TE, this Offense should be EXPLOSIVE. In Coach Enos's system if we're running a fast paced offense that gets the ball in the hands of the playmakers quickly even if our OL isn't Bama/Clemson caliber I still think we can thrive & put up big numbers.

Who the fck is going to contain a 4-wide WR set with JT4, KJ Osborn, Hightower & Jordan or Pope?!? With Deejay or Cam or Lo in the backfield, smh OMFG absolutely scary what they could do if it all goes right.

Plus think about the bevy of route combinations, double stack/ triple stack formations, screens, double moves down the seam, Post corners, Bang 8's, quick slants, hitches, that 6 route, shallow crosses, the wheel route from a RB out the backfield, **** even lineup a WR in the backfield to get him matched up with a LB & have him run a wheel. Plus we'll finally get pre-snap Motion checks which will help a great deal. IF we run this thing right we can really start offensively tearing teams up & putting points on the board, which will allow the Defense to play with a lead, pin their ears back & hunt.

Our Offense has been an Achilles heel & hasn't been up to par for far too **** long, I really think/hope we're finally making our way into the modern era of football & transitioning into a team that can score at will.

One of the main things that has made Bama, Clemson & Oh St such dominant teams in the playoff era aside from their elite recruiting & coaching, has been their development of high powered Offenses. Yes they all play great Defense as well, but none of them are playing old school 80's/90's style smash-mouth football anymore, they air it out, run the ball & can score in bunches at will with big plays that open the game up & assists their heavy pressure attack Defenses. Its the evolution of Football, even look at the NFL AFC & NFC championship games, all 4 teams have high powered offenses (NE, KC, NO & LA).

Am I saying we're going to be that overnight, NO, but is that enough for us not to lose to weaker Coastal opponents like UVA, GTech, Duke etc, **** the fck yeah it is. I'm not getting too far ahead of myself this early, Idk what our record will be but I definitely think we finish better than 7-6 & hopefully win the Coastal. I'm gonna give Diaz time, I'm not expecting us to go undefeated in year 1, but I 100% believe the Offense will be significantly improved this year.

No more Ezzard unfortunately.

Advertisement
Just watched Tommy Kennedy's highlight tape and saw this gem in the comments:

"Hey Tommy, I heard your transferring from Butler. Please transfer to Boston College to help 'make the football team great again'
Reasons why you must transfer to Boston College
  • the campus is very beautiful
  • beer, wine, and blue bunny ice cream is sold at football, basketball, ice hockey, baseball, and softball games ( the beer and wine options include Budweiser, Bud Light, Sam Adams, Harpoon IPA, cider, red wine, and white wine )
  • the official uniform outfitter for Boston College is Under Armour
  • Boston College is in the Atlantic Coast Conference ( ACC )
  • their football stadium holds 44,500 fans
  • the stadium’s field surface is AstroTurf not grass
If you are required to sit out a year due to NCAA transfer rules just appeal it!"

Haven't been able to stop laughing. This is easily the worst recruiting pitch I've ever seen in my life.
Did you ever think a kid pitched that?

I believe Coach Enos will use Dallas like how Jacob's was used at Alabama were he would be put in the slot and play running back at times depending on down and distance. Very versatile back.

Advertisement
Back