2019 Potential Depth Chart (Offense)

Advertisement
Imo we have 8 lineman I like on the oline and that just isn't enough man. Rb as long as injuries dont hit we'll kill it there, wr we really can light every team up on our schedule with so many different route combos and so many wrs whp can perform now just need Enos to get rhe qb spot right

I hope our o line can stay healthy. But on the bright side our versatility with playmakers can open the playbook to 3 step drops with quick passes.... let these athletes win in space !
Agreed, we need more depth I'm not really worried about the starters but if any of them go down the OL is fcked lol.

However, it remains to be seen what Butch Barry is as a OL coach, imo he's a major upgrade over Seashells & we may finally see some actual development with our lineman. Plus, with a new S&C program I hope they can get these guys in better shape & add more functional strength to help them create push at the point of attack.

Advertisement
Imo we have 8 lineman I like on the oline and that just isn't enough man. Rb as long as injuries dont hit we'll kill it there, wr we really can light every team up on our schedule with so many different route combos and so many wrs whp can perform now just need Enos to get rhe qb spot right
Looking forward to seeing what we can get out of John Campbell, he's the sleeper of all sleepers but I've been high on him since day 1. In fact, I bet most people on here don't even remember I was the first person to ever post him as a under the radar prospect before he was even offered by Miami lol. 👉🏾 https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/2018-ot-john-campbell-commits.115001/

Between this year & next year I think he'll eventually find his way as a starting Tackle & I think he can even play LT given his arm length & natural athleticism.

Looking forward to seeing what we can get out of John Campbell, he's the sleeper of all sleepers but I've been high on him since day 1. In fact, I bet most people on here don't even remember I was the first person to ever post him as a under the radar prospect before he was even offered by Miami lol. 👉🏾 https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/2018-ot-john-campbell-commits.115001/

Between this year & next year I think he'll eventually find his way as a starting Tackle & I think he can even play LT given his arm length & natural athleticism.
Im hyped about him too I really thought he'd be the key before Kennedy came at LT and still think he can be the guy next year even if this is basically another rs for him but I saw when you first brought him and I became a STAN for him

Great breakdown! You bring up a great point about Defense being able to play with a lead. That **** gonna be exciting. I think Campbell is going to surprise us and challenge Kennedy for that starting spot. Campbell came in a bit on the light side last spring and put in serious work to get up to around 310 for the season. I know Kennedy has good technique but I’m not sure he can handle the physicality at this level. Should be a good competition. Need to bring in a couple more OL.

Advertisement
QB1 - Tate Martell (if he gets a waiver)
QB2 - Jarren Williams (if he doesn't transfer because of Tate {not saying he will})
QB3 - N'kosi Perry (if he's still on the team)
QB4 - Cade Weldon (who if nothing else at least knows a good weed man which is very valuable, (JK relax).

RB1 - Cam'ron Davis/ Lorenzo Lingard
RB2 - Deejay Dallas
RB3 - Robert Burns
RB4 - Asa Martin (has to redshirt 2019 unfortunately)

Yes I'm aware Deejay will probably be the RB1, but IMO if Lingard is healthy he & Cam in our new offense will make a deadly 2 back combo & Deejay can be in the utility role as a RB/WR, especially in the Redzone he can be real effective in multiple formations.

XWR - KJ Osborn/ Jeremiah Payton/ Marquez Ezzard
YWR - Jeff Thomas/ Mark Pope/ Mike Harley
ZWR - Brian Hightower/ Dee Wiggins/ Evidence Njoku

You can also put JT & the other speedsters at either Z or X in certain sets. That's why it's great bringing in KJ & bringing back JT because they're both very versatile being able to play inside slot or on the outside. We should use all them the same way the Chiefs use their WR's Tyreek Hill, Chris Conley & Sammy Watkins with Travis Kelce.

TE1 - Brevin Jordan
TE2 - Will Mallory
TE3 - Michael Irvin II
TE4 - Brian Polendey
TE5/H-back - Larry Hodges

LT - Tommy Kennedy/ Kai-Leon Herbert
LG - Cleveland Reed/ Zach Dykstra
C - Corey Gaynor/ Jakai Clark
RG - Navaugh Donaldson/ Zalon'tae Hillery
RT - Delone Scaife/ John Campbell

True Freshman Adam ElGammal, Zion Nelson & possibly Clark will probably be Redshirted, but Butch Barry has a very tough task getting these guys ready to go come Fall. Probably need to add another OL from Transfer portal too to be honest, really need more depth. Coach Barry has his work cut out for him in 2020 & beyond recruiting OL's.

Whether it's Tate, Jarren or even N'Kosi with all that firepower at RB, WR & TE, this Offense should be EXPLOSIVE. In Coach Enos's system if we're running a fast paced offense that gets the ball in the hands of the playmakers quickly even if our OL isn't Bama/Clemson caliber I still think we can thrive & put up big numbers.

Who the fck is going to contain a 4-wide WR set with JT4, KJ Osborn, Hightower & Jordan or Pope?!? With Deejay or Cam or Lo in the backfield, smh OMFG absolutely scary what they could do if it all goes right.

Plus think about the bevy of route combinations, double stack/ triple stack formations, screens, double moves down the seam, Post corners, Bang 8's, quick slants, hitches, that 6 route, shallow crosses, the wheel route from a RB out the backfield, **** even lineup a WR in the backfield to get him matched up with a LB & have him run a wheel. Plus we'll finally get pre-snap Motion checks which will help a great deal. IF we run this thing right we can really start offensively tearing teams up & putting points on the board, which will allow the Defense to play with a lead, pin their ears back & hunt.

Our Offense has been an Achilles heel & hasn't been up to par for far too **** long, I really think/hope we're finally making our way into the modern era of football & transitioning into a team that can score at will.

One of the main things that has made Bama, Clemson & Oh St such dominant teams in the playoff era aside from their elite recruiting & coaching, has been their development of high powered Offenses. Yes they all play great Defense as well, but none of them are playing old school 80's/90's style smash-mouth football anymore, they air it out, run the ball & can score in bunches at will with big plays that open the game up & assists their heavy pressure attack Defenses. Its the evolution of Football, even look at the NFL AFC & NFC championship games, all 4 teams have high powered offenses (NE, KC, NO & LA).

Am I saying we're going to be that overnight, NO, but is that enough for us not to lose to weaker Coastal opponents like UVA, GTech, Duke etc, **** the fck yeah it is. I'm not getting too far ahead of myself this early, Idk what our record will be but I definitely think we finish better than 7-6 & hopefully win the Coastal. I'm gonna give Diaz time, I'm not expecting us to go undefeated in year 1, but I 100% believe the Offense will be significantly improved this year.

What the deal with Robert Burns? Has he recovered? I pretty much counted him out with all the serious injuries that set him back

What the deal with Robert Burns? Has he recovered? I pretty much counted him out with all the serious injuries that set him back
He's been injured for what seems like 4 years now.

He was hurt most all of Spring & Fall camp, had shoulder surgery but IIRC he did suit up & play vs Savannah St late in the 4th quarter, I think he actually rushed for like 10yds lol.

Advertisement
I love that we have only 1 frosh in that depth chart and the good thing, he's on campus already. We are going to be experience age wise so getting a new offense should be easier. This team, if they can come together, watchout!!

Advertisement
There is talent everywhere but it is all going to come down to the Oline. After listening to the podcast I am a little concerned about Enos needing a strong Oline to get the running game going but we will see what he has learned.

Advertisement
Back