2019 Freshman 15: March Edition (Part 2)

View as article
Awesome write up, really well done man.

This staff is a recruiting machine. Just look at the schools we are landing elite players from, and who we have legit chances with. It’s not just the same schools we’ve always relied on.

Sure signing days have been a little bit of a let down but no one has out-recruited this staff during Spring/Summer and with the early signing period, that’s a huge deal.

Pretty **** impressive.
I tell u what they go after the right kids throughout every position, and if they make a mistake they drop the player (Sit). If they can win NSD (the last signing day) then that momentum would be huge and would make us a real threat in those playoffs.

Advertisement
Shouldn’t be any complaint with Stephan’s order. The order is based, in part, on “How likely a recruit is to commit to Miami at the time.” It doesn’t mean ‘Rique or Lucas aren’tas valued or talented as those ahead of them. It might just mean they are not as likely to be ‘Canes as those ahead of them. That’s where Stefan earns his stripes!

Pretty much. Although, right after I posted, I was already regretting having Stevenson below Sanguinetti haha. If all else stays the same, they'll flip next month, and I think Stevenson is one that could really move up multiple spots.

As for Lucas, he's just too hard to get a read on, hard to say where his head is really at. His true Miami interest is a mystery at this point. I had him higher up in my original outline, but just kept moving him down as I was writing for guys with more concrete interest at this time. That being said, the fact that he made the list at all says a lot about his talent and importance to this class.

I tell u what they go after the right kids throughout every position, and if they make a mistake they drop the player (Sit). If they can win NSD (the last signing day) then that momentum would be huge and would make us a real threat in those playoffs.
I’m curious to see how some of these head-to-head battles with Clemson goes.

As much as everyone wants to look at Alabama, they play by their own set of rules. Clemson is our benchmark(though we can also play by our own rules). Their consistency in recruiting and on the field is where we need to be and there’s no reason we can’t get there.

I’m curious to see how some of these head-to-head battles with Clemson goes.

As much as everyone wants to look at Alabama, they play by their own set of rules. Clemson is our benchmark(though we can also play by our own rules). Their consistency in recruiting and on the field is where we need to be and there’s no reason we can’t get there.
I it feels like the tides been changing since last cycle. If we beat out clemson and keep doing it we will over take them eventually. We have to get plan As on that dline. I feel like we r similar to clemson but they have been recruiting at a slightly higher level and especially on the defensive line

One more exceptional writeup. Thank you.

I still wouldn't have Steele or Lucas in the top 15. Would love them in the class, to be sure. But they're longshots, and Lucas, in particular, has an attitude issue that often doesn't work out in college. Replace them with Huff and Summerall.

Advertisement
Fantastic work Stefan. You have really hit the ground running and your level of contribution to this board has been elite. Keep up the great work my friend!

Looking at the depth of talent available in the Surge 19 class it is quite evident that this program will have every opportunity to stack elite talent on elite talent. The DE, CB, LB, S, RB, WR and OL boards are as deep as you could want. I don't even know where to begin but I'll start at OL. We have a chance to really galvanize this unit with talent like Neal, Wright, Cunningham etc...The DE crop is insane with Williams, Bogle, Summerall and others. At LB you have Pierre, Solomon, Huff, Eaford....and that trio of CBs Stevenson, Sanguinetti and Steele is off the charts. I know I'm rambling but these are exciting times. There is so much talent in Surge 19 that we could sleepwalk to a top 10 class.

I love these monthly updates.. I used to read the most all the time on my iPhone with the news app.. Just realized that you were the mastermind behind it. Thanks for bringing it to CIS

Advertisement
Back