2019 Freshman 15: July Edition

Advertisement
Not every play is going to get offered money. And not every OOS school has to offer money to poach players. OSU has bonfides. There success in turning out 1st round DBs make it so top players like Battle will look past other offers and attend that school with the idea that they will be groomed for the league. UGAy does not have Bonafides especially in turning out DBs. When was the last time one got drafted??? So why would TS choose to go to that school when he could of gone to the U, Bama, or OSU who have much greater success in developing DBs for the league???
AllPro Safety Jones, Boykin, not real sure, Baker will be a 1st rounder this year, don't really follow UGA dbs, but them making the Champ game last season and their recent recruiting makes me think that is soon to change

So you answer then sport, did Richt and Co drop bags at UGA to get guys like Sony Michel???

Also please point me to where he said that, thanks DUDE
Let's not act like any of us know the full story.

My impression is that there are 2 dynamics which allow teams to succeed with the bag game:

1. How much money they are willing to throw into the pot
2. How systematically aligned the bag game is with the program's recruiting efforts

If that is the case, I don't think it's a stretch to assume that Georgia has always had a legit bag game going on, but Richt may have shied away from it or kept some distance between the program's operations and whatever booster bag deal was happening and that Kirby has come in and put the bag game on the Alabama plan on steroids and aligning it to a much greater extent with the football recruiting operations

Just don't understand how going to UGA is a "business decision" unless that is just plain code for UGA is paying. What CBs have they put in the league worth anything recently? Bama or LSU or OSU I could see calling that a "business decision".
I’d love to see some reporter call them out for this.

Recruit- “it’s a business decision”

Stefan- “how is it a business decision when Miami has put more DBs into the league with greater success than Georgia in the past xx years”

If they’re smart enough to retort with Smarts players at Bammer, just reference that Saban is the DB coach.

Advertisement
There have been links on here to Georgia boards where they flat out admit that Richt held them back in the bag game and they'll openly brag about being able to cheat on Bama's level.
They admitted it on a message board? NCAA notified? Wonder how he competed in the SEC without it, he does seem to be the type to not do such things, so I believe it

So that response implies "bags" to you? No chance these SEC schools are selling them on NFL millions and their draft success???? Hmmmmmmmm, talk about not bright...…… If bags happened as often as your "bag yellers" thought you would almost have a point, but you fools holler "BAGS!!!!!!!!" for every recruit we miss on, SMH. Bags happen, but all these DB misses aren't bags alone people.

I guess since the gators suck so bad trolling on cane sites is all the enjoyment you can get on boards?

Sucks dude.

Advertisement
There have been links on here to Georgia boards where they flat out admit that Richt held them back in the bag game and they'll openly brag about being able to cheat on Bama's level.

They were able to get around Richt's reluctance, but he made it difficult. They had to convince him that there was genuine interest and every now and then, he would refuse to recruit a high-star recruit. He knew the Foundation paid Michel but accepted it because he was such a unique talent.

I am especially sad about TS and Bogle... Positions of need and great talents right in our backyard and we will miss. Quite a shame.

Bogle is going to be a headache wherever he goes. Dude has primadonna written all over him. No thanks.

And I don't blame them man. I guess I'd do the same if I were in their spot. But living in S Florida is really the ****. Not to mention UM is a dynamite school. We have some strong advantages that are hard to overcome and offer a good value proposition.

If we can get the Millers from Lennar to put the bags in the hands of the players and not med school our team would be stylin on fools.

This notion is INSANELY IDIOTIC.

Just stop with this nonsense.

I like what the staff is doing this year with not waiting in indecisive guys, at all positions except QB. That's an utter failure and baby Right needs to go.

Advertisement
Business decision has to mean get this bag especially when it Georgia cause they ain’t put a legit DB in the league since Champ Bailey?? All that bs these kids be telling reporters “well miami hasn’t put anybody in the league lately” is just the front to cover up the truth that I’m getting paid for my services.
The UGA sell is they were at Bama and coached the db's which is total BS

Advertisement
I worry about this too.
Which is why I think we should make Weaver and Summerall our top options at De and continue recruiting Bogle but have those 2 guys locked in ( or at least one of them). Then if Bogle decides for Miami icing on the cake.

Once again the negative nancy's worried about who not coming and not appreciating who is, lol. Always remember this nancy's, no matter what recruits bail out to another state it doesnt matter, at the end of the day it'll be more of us on one team than a few of them on outta st. teams, once we all the way right those guys will still lose to us. See chris gamble at ohigho fake. We beat them, he made plays but he was getting abused out there by dre, and got the worst call in his favor in college football history.these guys going to other schools at this point if they take the drops, that they business, we dont need them to win it all,, while they might help make it easier, we gone get wins with or without them. And with the way coach dugans is coaching the receivers, all our db's are going to get great work, and also with the ay coach dugans and hartley keep stacking receiving talent be t tightends or receivers, its not gone matter what secondary we go against, they gone get torched especially once we get the right trigger man. They mess round and let hasslewood get in that green and orange, to go along with pope, payton hightower, harley, ezzard and co, secondaries are going to start having nightmares.

Advertisement
Back