2019 commit

Kid is legit. Would be a four star this year.

Love the commit. Dent is for real. You really have to love the way the DB recruiting is shaping up. Between the 2017, 2018 and 2019 classes, we could realistically stock more talent in the secondary than I can remember us ever having. Yes these classes are that good. Great times ahead. Let's keep this thing going.

Yes, but 2018, 2019 and 2020 national signing days are a long way. Of course it's about relationship building. But we need to lock down 2017 first and it should be a lot easier if we win 10 games, beat either FSU or ND and get to the ACC championship.

Yes of course that is all true. I was just commenting on the direction of recruiting and the program as a whole. Yes we still have business to take care of but I am more bullish on this programs future than I have been in a long time.

You are right. Everybody knows you have to perform on Saturdays, but like you, we're excited about the commitments and the positive direction recruiting has taken.

Advertisement
Akeem??? You mean the Prince from Zamunda?? Lol

eVKRXI6.gif

Grateful for his commitment. Welcome to the U!

We should NEVER be in a situation where we are hurting at DB or receiver - never.

Advertisement
Palm Beach County Long and Rangy Freshman Cornerback Akeem Dent (6-1, 170)
March 31, 2016

Jerry Williamson

If you love speed, measurable, versatility and production at the cornerback position for the class of 2019 -- then look no further than Palm Beach County, Royal Palm Beach High School freshman Akeem Dent.

As a 8th grader, he won four individual track meets -- placing first place in each track meet along with placing first place in four events. Which consisted of the: 100 - meters, 200 - meters, High Jump and long jump. That's unbelievable right?
Dent stands 6-foot-1, 170-pounds with a high football IQ. I made a joke, saying the kid can scratch his knees while standing upright -- just to give you a better understanding of his extremely long wingspan.

His production on the gridiron -- is just as equally impressive as his track and field accolades. Dent, earned the starting job on varsity from Day 1 for Royal Palm Beach HS. He was targeted twenty- times the entire season -- facing top-notch competition from powers St. Thomas Aquinas, Glades Central, Dwyer and Oxbridge Academy and I'll give him a A+ grade, only two passes was completed on his side of the field with film to validate.

The 6-foot-1 cornerback with a sub-4.5 speed. Locked down several notable wide receivers last fall, but the two most notable one's stood (6-4, 185) and (6-2, 180) that combined over sixty (D1-FBS) scholarship offers.

On November 13, 2015, vs. St. Thomas Aquinas. Dent efforts versus the 7A state champs, stamped "future star" over his name, and a possibly 5star or Top 5 cornerback candidate, all said and done. Dent didn't allow a single reception when covering Rivals 5star WR Trevon Grimes (6-4, 185).

Dent also allowed one reception versus his area's top wide receiver junior DJ Edwards (6-2, 180) from Palm Beach Lakes, who holds fourteen D1-FBS offers. When asked what college football programs is showing interest he replied, "FSU sends mail all the time and University of Florida visited my school this off-season and really likes me, Sir.
Dent has a little history with FSU. His family member, Greg Dent inked with FSU out of high school. Speaking of the off-season. Akeem (Dent) has allowed two catches within thirteen games this off-season.

Here's a note, he's starting his second consecutive season (earned starting job in the 8th grade) for nationally known Florida Fire (Palm Beach) 7v7 football team. The past two years, Florida Fire has produced the #1 cornerback (Trayvon Mullen & Stanford Samuels) in the country and Akeem Dent has displayed the same production, size and athletic ability, earlier on just like Mullen and Samuels.

Did you know? This is Akeem Dent first year ever playing cornerback. He's a converted wide receiver with a track and field background, but if you watch his highlight reel, you can't tell. His upside is through the roof.

He currently sports a 2.6 weighted GPA and it's only a matter of time before he blows up and become a twenty plus offer kid. Remember the name, Akeem Dent. Size, speed, length, character and grades.

Palm Beach County Long and Rangy Freshman Cornerback Akeem Dent (6-1, 170)
March 31, 2016

Jerry Williamson

If you love speed, measurable, versatility and production at the cornerback position for the class of 2019 -- then look no further than Palm Beach County, Royal Palm Beach High School freshman Akeem Dent.

As a 8th grader, he won four individual track meets -- placing first place in each track meet along with placing first place in four events. Which consisted of the: 100 - meters, 200 - meters, High Jump and long jump. That's unbelievable right?
Dent stands 6-foot-1, 170-pounds with a high football IQ. I made a joke, saying the kid can scratch his knees while standing upright -- just to give you a better understanding of his extremely long wingspan.

His production on the gridiron -- is just as equally impressive as his track and field accolades. Dent, earned the starting job on varsity from Day 1 for Royal Palm Beach HS. He was targeted twenty- times the entire season -- facing top-notch competition from powers St. Thomas Aquinas, Glades Central, Dwyer and Oxbridge Academy and I'll give him a A+ grade, only two passes was completed on his side of the field with film to validate.

The 6-foot-1 cornerback with a sub-4.5 speed. Locked down several notable wide receivers last fall, but the two most notable one's stood (6-4, 185) and (6-2, 180) that combined over sixty (D1-FBS) scholarship offers.

On November 13, 2015, vs. St. Thomas Aquinas. Dent efforts versus the 7A state champs, stamped "future star" over his name, and a possibly 5star or Top 5 cornerback candidate, all said and done. Dent didn't allow a single reception when covering Rivals 5star WR Trevon Grimes (6-4, 185).

Dent also allowed one reception versus his area's top wide receiver junior DJ Edwards (6-2, 180) from Palm Beach Lakes, who holds fourteen D1-FBS offers. When asked what college football programs is showing interest he replied, "FSU sends mail all the time and University of Florida visited my school this off-season and really likes me, Sir.
Dent has a little history with FSU. His family member, Greg Dent inked with FSU out of high school. Speaking of the off-season. Akeem (Dent) has allowed two catches within thirteen games this off-season.

Here's a note, he's starting his second consecutive season (earned starting job in the 8th grade) for nationally known Florida Fire (Palm Beach) 7v7 football team. The past two years, Florida Fire has produced the #1 cornerback (Trayvon Mullen & Stanford Samuels) in the country and Akeem Dent has displayed the same production, size and athletic ability, earlier on just like Mullen and Samuels.

Did you know? This is Akeem Dent first year ever playing cornerback. He's a converted wide receiver with a track and field background, but if you watch his highlight reel, you can't tell. His upside is through the roof.

He currently sports a 2.6 weighted GPA and it's only a matter of time before he blows up and become a twenty plus offer kid. Remember the name, Akeem Dent. Size, speed, length, character and grades.

This makes me moist.

Advertisement
[TWEET]758705050109620224[/TWEET]
Despite being lit up by Jeudy at FNL, this kid is actually starting to get a lot of attention.
Just this week alone he's received offers from FSU, UF, USF, West Va & Auburn.

Last edited:
Pahokee and Belle Glade always have players....

It's about time we got another one even if it's a couple years out....

I feel he is going to be extremely hard to hold on too. He may say he committed to early. but of we win that shouldnt matter.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Probably decommits and recommits rare to hold a commitment that long

Hope we can hang onto him. 2019 straight loaded in SoFla. **** so is 2018. Good thing Richt is here now. Need to win big this year start reeling these cats in

What was interesting to me was on the FNL at UF and Jeudy has the last play and they have a 10th grader going against him. Jeudy got the overagressive kid but still why was this Dent kid out there in the first place? Did no Senior Corners want to step up on the last play. That told me everything I needed to know about this Dent kid. Not afraid and now has a chip on his shoulder because of that move that went viral. Good for UM to get a future 5 star like this on the heals of Edwards and then Blades in 18. Number 1 draft picks 3 years in a row at corner it looks like the trend is going to be.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back