2019 CB Tyrique Stevenson receives offer

If you think Miami and UGA were on the same level last year, I don't know what to tell you.

Winning the Rose Bowl and playing Alabama to OT in the NC game is elite. It's certainly more elite than losing to Pitt and Wisconsin and squeaking out wins vs GT and a 6 loss FSU team.

Now, I'm not poo-pooing on Miami or the season we just had. I'm thrilled where we are. But let's be honest, UGA was left by Richt in MUCH better shape than Miami was left by Golden. And Smart is a good coach. A good coach with a really talented roster (28 seniors)...they had a great year. But UGA with 2 losses was MUCH more impressive than Miami with their 3. But we're on the way up. No doubt about it.
You’ve got a flimsy definition of elite.

Advertisement
I'm not gonna sit here and defend UGA....I don't give a **** about UGA....but it was one game, on the road and yeah they got stomped.

But UGA vs Miami last year on a neutral field wouldn't have been a close game.
I don’t think anyone here is claiming last year’s UM team that’s Rick partially built would beat the UGA team that Rick built. In your zeal to suck that SEC/UGA nut you lost track of the point—UGA is not elite and hasn’t been elite since Herschel Walker. That’s got nothing to do with UM or the point.

The fact that Spermy has about the same record as Rick does here after inheriting an infinitely better situation only serves as further proof that UGA isn’t elite because UM is nowhere near elite right now.

UGA just signed the best class in Rivals history.

Topping the 2004 USC class with 8 ******* 5stars!

Think about that for a second.... Baga never signed a class that loaded and they were winning ships every other year (they did sign 7 5stars in a class though) and definitely buying plenty of top recruits.

Sorry, but if anyone thinks UGA is doing that without buying certain recruits, then they are too naive to be following recruiting.

Mainly if the recruit's family has money. For this instance, Gilbert is Frank Gore's cousin...so he was willing to focus on the pitch rather than the bags.
Thats a misconception. Gil aint living on grand ave or nothing in a 2 bedroom full of people but frank aint taking care of them like that. Just cause family been in the league people still got pride & want their own. Its just a matter of how u get it.

Think about that for a second.... Baga never signed a class that loaded and they were winning ships every other year (they did sign 7 5stars in a class though) and definitely buying plenty of top recruits.

Sorry, but if anyone thinks UGA is doing that without buying certain recruits, then they are too naive to be following recruiting.
Im never gonna give bama credit they dont deserve but to compare them to bama isnt the proper comparison. Bama targets a group of players & does what it needs to in order to get them. Uga was targeting ALL the kids they wanted & doing what they needed to get them. They were doing what unc & several others do & paying for visits even.

Advertisement
I don’t know what y’all are talking about UGA ain’t going nowhere the way they’re recruiting. I know y’all don’t want to hear this but they’re going to be competing for national championships for the forseable future. Hopefully we will too 🙌🏾
Zook was a great recruiter too

Auburn won it all with a coach in his second year. They fired him 2 years after that. We will not know how good smart is until 2021 when he will have to reload after this QB. The deal with Richt was he reloaded for 10 years in the SEC. Bowden and Mack Brown and Stoops and Switzerland and Oseborn did it for decades. Richt's true chances went up in smoke on that botch INT vs Auburn. He wins that game and the title that year we do not have him as a head coach.

I don’t think anyone here is claiming last year’s UM team that’s Rick partially built would beat the UGA team that Rick built. In your zeal to suck that SEC/UGA nut you lost track of the point—UGA is not elite and hasn’t been elite since Herschel Walker. That’s got nothing to do with UM or the point.

The fact that Spermy has about the same record as Rick does here after inheriting an infinitely better situation only serves as further proof that UGA isn’t elite because UM is nowhere near elite right now.

You got me bro. I'm sucking an SEC/UGA nut. I'm not looking at the fact that Alabama has won 5 National Championships since we won our last. Because that's not the name of the game at all. The fact of the matter is UGA is building a monster in Athens. Smart is a good coach, and he learned under the GOAT for years and years. He's situated in a talent rich area, he's hired some good recruiters around him, and whether or not he's dropping bags, he's getting and is going to continue to get excellent recruiting classes.

UGA is going to own the SEC East for a long time, and as soon as Saban retires they'll be in the mix for a natty every single year.

Advertisement
Auburn won it all with a coach in his second year. They fired him 2 years after that. We will not know how good smart is until 2021 when he will have to reload after this QB. The deal with Richt was he reloaded for 10 years in the SEC. Bowden and Mack Brown and Stoops and Switzerland and Oseborn did it for decades. Richt's true chances went up in smoke on that botch INT vs Auburn. He wins that game and the title that year we do not have him as a head coach.

Not true. Mizzou would have represented the East even if UGA had won that game against AU.

My point earlier was that on top of CMR last class at UGA ended up third and then they had a number 1 last year, and will be a top 3 again this year. Fla has 50 4 & 5 star players in state this year and everyone in country is cherry picking them in addition to moles and gaturds. Ga has 43 4 & 5 star players and no instate competition, (don’t say GT cause they will not sign one of them). It is very possible that Ga does not sign a single 3 star or lower player this year. With that kind of players a blind squirrel could coach a winner.

Thats a misconception. Gil aint living on grand ave or nothing in a 2 bedroom full of people but frank aint taking care of them like that. Just cause family been in the league people still got pride & want their own. Its just a matter of how u get it.
I always laugh at dudes who think some dude is living like George Jefferson just because his cousin has money. I'm sure Frank is generous with dinners and some trinkets here and there, but I doubt he's handing out deluxe apartments in the sky to every cousin he has.

Advertisement
You got me bro. I'm sucking an SEC/UGA nut. I'm not looking at the fact that Alabama has won 5 National Championships since we won our last. Because that's not the name of the game at all. The fact of the matter is UGA is building a monster in Athens. Smart is a good coach, and he learned under the GOAT for years and years. He's situated in a talent rich area, he's hired some good recruiters around him, and whether or not he's dropping bags, he's getting and is going to continue to get excellent recruiting classes.

UGA is going to own the SEC East for a long time, and as soon as Saban retires they'll be in the mix for a natty every single year.
What does any of that SEC nut slathering have to do with your original claim that UGA is "elite." They might wind up being elite. And so might UM.

But losing 2 games with 1 of them being a blowout beatdown to an average Auburn team doesn't qualify you as elite under anyone other than an SEC/UGA nut gargler's definition.

I agree 100%. Bit his stance was on recruiting. Cant debate fspews recruiting has been elite. We talk about their qb play... you know what im not gonna get in on that one. Everyone here knows my stance on our qb play last season.
I hated our qb last year but i couldnt say **** because he was winning but hes not a good qb, to me if he plays this year we wasting the season

Advertisement
I understand what everyone defended him for but like i said then & everyone here knows my stance on him,we were winning in spite of rosier not because of him. Brad tried coming to my table last week with njoku & kizer. I made him and his boyfriend kick rocks. Wont have no **** ***** who left because he got his feelings hurt evwn when he knew he was hurting himself & us by leaving.

Boyfriend??

More weirdos. Some of these guys just pick up every cliche they see and spout it off like it’s fact. “UGa is elite!!” They are in basically the the same position as Auburn in 2013.

I understand what everyone defended him for but like i said then & everyone here knows my stance on him,we were winning in spite of rosier not because of him. Brad tried coming to my table last week with njoku & kizer. I made him and his boyfriend kick rocks. Wont have no **** ***** who left because he got his feelings hurt evwn when he knew he was hurting himself & us by leaving.

None of that happened.

Advertisement
Back