2019 CB Tyrique Stevenson receives offer

They never were elite. They had one good season where they still lost 2 games. They lost 1 less time than we did last year, yet we're terrible, and they're elite.

If you think Miami and UGA were on the same level last year, I don't know what to tell you.

Winning the Rose Bowl and playing Alabama to OT in the NC game is elite. It's certainly more elite than losing to Pitt and Wisconsin and squeaking out wins vs GT and a 6 loss FSU team.

Now, I'm not poo-pooing on Miami or the season we just had. I'm thrilled where we are. But let's be honest, UGA was left by Richt in MUCH better shape than Miami was left by Golden. And Smart is a good coach. A good coach with a really talented roster (28 seniors)...they had a great year. But UGA with 2 losses was MUCH more impressive than Miami with their 3. But we're on the way up. No doubt about it.

Advertisement
If you think Miami and UGA were on the same level last year, I don't know what to tell you.

Winning the Rose Bowl and playing Alabama to OT in the NC game is elite. It's certainly more elite than losing to Pitt and Wisconsin and squeaking out wins vs GT and a 6 loss FSU team.

Now, I'm not poo-pooing on Miami or the season we just had. I'm thrilled where we are. But let's be honest, UGA was left by Richt in MUCH better shape than Miami was left by Golden. And Smart is a good coach. A good coach with a really talented roster (28 seniors)...they had a great year. But UGA with 2 losses was MUCH more impressive than Miami with their 3. But we're on the way up. No doubt about it.
UGA might have been in the NC Game but they were not even close to being elite. You don't get beat by Auburn the way that they did if you are elite.

UGA might have been in the NC Game but they were not even close to being elite. You don't get beat by Auburn the way that they did if you are elite.

I'm not gonna sit here and defend UGA....I don't give a **** about UGA....but it was one game, on the road and yeah they got stomped.

But UGA vs Miami last year on a neutral field wouldn't have been a close game.

Georgia is most definitely recruiting on the HIGHEST of levels.

Smart is suspect.

You're a smart dude, a street smart dude. If you don't see through this ****, maybe I'm overestimating your smarts.

K Mart, hasn't accomplished enough to warrant this level of recruiting success off the rip without coughing up a few grips, nah mean.

BTW: I understand you're a Rican from The Bricks. You aint the only Bori in the TrI State that bleeds O&G.
I cant hate on your opinion but I think Smart got that it factor for college, hope Im wrong but I think they struck gold with Kirby. I dont even think they knew they struck gold, I could be wrong and hope I am but it just looks like hes a great fit.

A few grips is saying it lightly. They over there doing it on bamas level. Smart is a joke. The locker room despises that man already. Hes just lucky he has a few coaches on staff who know they stuff causs hes a will muschamp clone.
The thing is players despise Saban, they dont have to like him they signed the papers to play with him thats all that matters. One thing is they will despise u but they will play for u and play hard because there athletes.

Advertisement
I don’t know what y’all are talking about UGA ain’t going nowhere the way they’re recruiting. I know y’all don’t want to hear this but they’re going to be competing for national championships for the forseable future. Hopefully we will too 🙌🏾
Yea thats what Im going by not the run that they went on last year Im going by the way there recruiting, they havent even hit there peak yet. Im just saying the way it looks on the trail and the way they r doing increases there chances of joining the upper echelon if they havent already.

Facts.
I don't think people understand Kirby is recruiting at Alabama's level to the point Alabama fans are shook. Richt never had the type of classes back to back that Kirby just had.
Yea this is different level thats why Im saying what Im saying, I dont care what they did last year if u recruit the way they are right now u will win eventually or be top 3 10ish regularly. MR never had classes that **** good and no one on the trail ever had bama fans worried till last year.

Question for those in this thread ready to crown UGA based on Kirby's competitive season with Richt's seniors and some good recruiting results...

Is UGA recruiting any better than Jimbo did at FSU? I don't think so. FSU had at leats one number one class and a bunch of top 5 classes.

Sure they squeaked out a title in 2013 but Jimbo was more of an underachiever there than a consistent national elite. He was never able to replicate the consistency of Alabama or even OSU with similar talent.

Now it is going to be Kirby's turn to prove that he knows which blue chippers to recruit and how to win the big games with them consistently.

I expect his team to regress this season.

Sorry to say but as long as Scott Sinclair and Ed Willis is at UGA, they will be right where they are. Those 2 coaches know how to build champions. They both did it at Marshall and UCF.

You dont reach MSCC status if you arent considered one of the best. If Gus MSCC certified?

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm curious about the lockeroom content. Is this based on the usual handful of mopes not aligning with the HC or is it a larger issue? You're always gonna have some dudes that do not see eye to eye with the HC - the question is. is it an isolated case or is it more rampant?
Put it like this -- Curby is a certified good ol boy who will absolutely throw his players under the bus.

Saban, for all his faults, will always blame the players last. Hes actually pretty likeable behind closed doors.

I'm curious about the lockeroom content. Is this based on the usual handful of mopes not aligning with the HC or is it a larger issue? You're always gonna have some dudes that do not see eye to eye with the HC - the question is. is it an isolated case or is it more rampant?
From my understanding its rampant. I only know 3 people in their program. 1 of them is a coach the other is from easons family, & a wr. All of them say the same thing. Few kids i know including gilbert werent too enthused by their approach besides the bags.

Yea this is different level thats why Im saying what Im saying, I dont care what they did last year if u recruit the way they are right now u will win eventually or be top 3 10ish regularly. MR never had classes that **** good and no one on the trail ever had bama fans worried till last year.
So why is everyone so dead set on fspew suckin *** cause their hasnt been a drop in a long time in recruiting & theyve been elite. Recruiting only stands for so much if your staff & ability to develop players is booty.

Advertisement
So why is everyone so dead set on fspew suckin *** cause their hasnt been a drop in a long time in recruiting & theyve been elite. Recruiting only stands for so much if your staff & ability to develop players is booty.
Fsu first three or four classes under jimbo were so savage u knew they would compete. For some reason they werent evaluatijg great on the OL and if u cant block i dont care if u have walter payton back there u aint doing ****. Then fatigue sets in on the defense and then u got a qb who looked like a hs freshman physically and they were fuqed. I dont care who u recruit if u take away bamas OL they r done any team. Fsu roster is talented but without hogs it wont shine.

Only thing that seperated the two last year is they had a quarterback who wasnt a liability atleast & they had an absolutely elite running game... any corch would win with that especially in a year where the sec was clear as day a HORRIBLE conference... im not fooled by the espn agenda. Been quite a while since the sec arguement was a valid one.

Fsu first three or four classes under jimbo were so savage u knew they would compete. For some reason they werent evaluatijg great on the OL and if u cant block i dont care if u have walter payton back there u aint doing ****. Then fatigue sets in on the defense and then u got a qb who looked like a hs freshman physically and they were fuqed. I dont care who u recruit if u take away bamas OL they r done any team. Fsu roster is talented but without hogs it wont shine.
I agree 100%. Bit his stance was on recruiting. Cant debate fspews recruiting has been elite. We talk about their qb play... you know what im not gonna get in on that one. Everyone here knows my stance on our qb play last season.

Advertisement
From my understanding its rampant. I only know 3 people in their program. 1 of them is a coach the other is from easons family, & a wr. All of them say the same thing. Few kids i know including gilbert werent too enthused by their approach besides the bags.

"Besides the bags" thats the key right there. Lot of players and families overlook things like this when bags are shown

"Besides the bags" thats the key right there. Lot of players and families overlook things like this when bags are shown
Mainly if the recruit's family has money. For this instance, Gilbert is Frank Gore's cousin...so he was willing to focus on the pitch rather than the bags.

I'm not gonna sit here and defend UGA....I don't give a **** about UGA....but it was one game, on the road and yeah they got stomped.

But UGA vs Miami last year on a neutral field wouldn't have been a close game.
Oh it would?
Uga vs Notre Dame 21-20
Miami va Notre Dame 41-8 and could have been worse if we tried to score in the second half. Didn’t even attempt to pass the ball...

Look at the rosters. Golden left Miami a mess and Richt left gerorgia In very good shape. The comparison you are making is apples and oranges. I think Richt and his staff have done a much better job coaching with what they have then Georgia has. Yes they had a better season and overall record but Miami has to build depth and get a real QB before we will compete for a natty again. Oh and we are doing it without bags

Advertisement
Back