2019 CB Marcus Banks hits portal

Advertisement
What about Norwood from A&M?
He’s pretty raw as a CB prospect, he played QB in high school, but he’s also a track kid & the athleticism is there.

I’d kick the tires because you could potentially have a 3-4 year starter, but he’s an Arkansas kid who was a heavy lean to Ark early on in his recruitment & then mistakenly committed TAMU, so i would imagine he wants to go back home to Arkansas, or possibly go play with his cousin who plays for Oklahoma.

This guy had 2 tackles in 2 years. We all know that if a kid can play CB, he's going to see the field early. He'll certainly record more than 2 tackles in 2 years. Zero shyts given.

I'm all aboard the Mario bus. A good CB will pop.
And he was behind Corners like Jobe for years that we’re getting toasted .

Advertisement
**** no. Redding is way too stiff to play CB man. I could only imagine how poor his back pedal and hip flexibility would be trying to play CB.

Too stiff compared to Deion sanders but I don’t think he would be worse than the average power 5 CFB cb. His size and athleticism would upgrade the position.

Advertisement
The portal is tougher to acquire talent than it was 3 years ago.

Now everyone is attacking the portal similar to recruiting.

You can say no worries we can grab 1-2 CBS in the portal or we can grab a DE or LB in the portal. Now you got several teams looking for same thing, and some are better programs than Miami. Plus the player needs to be an upgrade to what you already have.

Once you identify you now have to beat out several other suitors and go through the recruiting process with the transfer.

Advertisement
At least Cribby wasn't lying when he said we'd find out very soon...just completely out of left field for an SEC team whose ceiling is 8-4. Don't think there was one mention of Miss St...then again, if he's ending up there...how good is he really?

Let's hope the portal starts blowing up with CBs.

Advertisement
So at CB: Stephenson, Blades, Couch, Clarke, Ivey, Dunson (S?), Curtis, 3 incoming frosh. That's TEN, and not that there's a wealth of proven talent, but enough to pick and choose CAREFULLY at this point given the likely #'s. Logical to think that despite conventional 'insider' wisdom, Banks may not have been a take, or possibly was slow-played.

At least Cribby wasn't lying when he said we'd find out very soon...just completely out of left field for an SEC team whose ceiling is 8-4. Don't think there was one mention of Miss St...then again, if he's ending up there...how good is he really?

Let's hope the portal starts blowing up with CBs.
Think he was going to be a great depth piece but when the db guru Saban lets you walk and your finalist are: Miami, Fsu, Houston, and miss state. I think we understand the caliber of player he is. Let’s hope that better options enter portal and we close the deal. I’m confident we will

So at CB: Stephenson, Blades, Couch, Clarke, Ivey, Dunson (S?), Curtis, 3 incoming frosh. That's TEN, and not that there's a wealth of proven talent, but enough to pick and choose CAREFULLY at this point given the likely #'s. Logical to think that despite conventional 'insider' wisdom, Banks may not have been a take, or possibly was slow-played.
Our opinions might differ, but aside from Stevenson, none of those corners should be starting here (if we're going to take the next step from a middling ACC team to Coastal Champs). Can they improve? Absolutely - it would be silly to give up on them (aside from Ivey, he needs his access to the building revoked). But from what I saw last season...

- Clarke: Abused by any WR with two hands, VT baptized him and he was consistently torched and out-muscled despite playing eight yards off the ball
- Couch: Regressed considerably, too small and not quick enough (at least this past year) to negate that
- Dunson: Never really stood out, rangy but a bit slow, interested to see what T-Rob can do with him in the Spring.
- Curtis: Didn't play much
- Blades: Don't think he's playing football anymore

So that leaves Stevenson, who's 50/50 on going pro (and knowing Miami's track record with keeping guys who have no business going pro, he'll leave). You can have one of Couch or Clarke out there, not both - two undersized corners make no sense. We desperately need at least 2 CBs that can immediately step in and play...and right now it's all contingent on true freshman.

Advertisement
Back