2019 CB Marcus Banks hits portal

I suppose that could be the case, but Gaby on 247 said he was hearing from the staff today Banks told them he was coming. Seems like he had his mind changed. Not going to lose sleep over this one if we got "beat out" by a team that won't finish above 4th/5th in their division next year.
He never changed his mind. He never met Mario.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Eventually we have to get to a point on the board where we can think critically for ourselves & have poignant football discussions without having to be in fear of backlash just because we have an opinion that might go against the grain.

Of course he would’ve been an upgrade over Ivey, there are FCS CB’s better than Ivey, but realistically speaking there wasn’t much to stand on as far as him being a good CB, other than he was once a 4-star 3 years ago & played for Bama, which on it’s face can mean something, but ultimately really didn’t mean much.

The good thing about the Portal is there is no deadline, a kid can enter in the Portal from now until August before the 2022 season starts & be available to play, obviously you wanna get’em in ASAP if you can, but we theoretically speaking have until March to find a solid Portal CB.

If we can get one by the time Spring camp starts we’ll be in good shape.
Deep down folks are just afraid that another staff will fall hopelessly in love with Ivey.

Advertisement
Eventually we have to get to a point on the board where we can think critically for ourselves & have poignant football discussions without having to be in fear of backlash just because we have an opinion that might go against the grain.

Of course he would’ve been an upgrade over Ivey, there are FCS CB’s better than Ivey, but realistically speaking there wasn’t much to stand on as far as him being a good CB, other than he was once a 4-star 3 years ago & played for Bama, which on it’s face can mean something, but ultimately really didn’t mean much.

The good thing about the Portal is there is no deadline, a kid can enter in the Portal from now until August before the 2022 season starts & be available to play, obviously you wanna get’em in ASAP if you can, but we theoretically speaking have until March to find a solid Portal CB.

If we can get one by the time Spring camp starts we’ll be in good shape.
On the bright side, this very possibly makes us a much more attractive destination for the longer-shot CB. I am going to have a friend reach out to Banks and see what he can learn, see where the blame lies (if it lies at all) and while I agree he isn’t the best CB, if I can speak for people here I think the part that is frustrating is that no one was a dissenter on the projection of him to Miami. Just seemed from every angle to be a done deal. Oh well, on to the staff!

Advertisement
la la land lol GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back