2019 CB Marcus Banks hits portal

Blades honestly doesn’t really care all that much about football. He’s found his nitch in social media and other things. Not meaning to bash him but he’s not going to work on Marios team. Let’s give up the Blades starting or playing idea
Would agree if covid issues and injuries didn’t cause him to miss alot of games.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wow, we let a backup at Bama troll us.

This is, hopefully, the beginning of the end of this type of nonsense.

With Mario in charge, it’s time to earn our respect back.

And Skinner just trolled the Bama staff.

Don't kid yourself, it has nothing to do with "earning respect". This happens to everyone. At least with Banks, this was a Manny holdover visitor

Advertisement
step brothers wtf GIF

I'm glad I don't have to keep lying to convince myself I was excited about him. Still sucks because of the need though.
Eventually we have to get to a point on the board where we can think critically for ourselves & have poignant football discussions without having to be in fear of backlash just because we have an opinion that might go against the grain.

Of course he would’ve been an upgrade over Ivey, there are FCS CB’s better than Ivey, but realistically speaking there wasn’t much to stand on as far as him being a good CB, other than he was once a 4-star 3 years ago & played for Bama, which on it’s face can mean something, but ultimately really didn’t mean much.

The good thing about the Portal is there is no deadline, a kid can enter in the Portal from now until August before the 2022 season starts & be available to play, obviously you wanna get’em in ASAP if you can, but we theoretically speaking have until March to find a solid Portal CB.

If we can get one by the time Spring camp starts we’ll be in good shape.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not landing Banks doesnt bother me in and of itself. What my brain is going crazy about, is that this seemed like such a slam dunk and case closed prospect. What else are we wrong on? I need a nap.

Just realized that he didn’t OV when Mario was coach. Frazier and Banks both were supposed to OV before Mario was hired. Banks OV was the week before Mario was hired.

Mario might’ve said no.
I suppose that could be the case, but Gaby on 247 said he was hearing from the staff today Banks told them he was coming. Seems like he had his mind changed. Not going to lose sleep over this one if we got "beat out" by a team that won't finish above 4th/5th in their division next year.

Advertisement
Back