2019 ACC PREDICTIONS FROM BLEACHER REPORT

Come on man, You know the orangemen aren’t winning the Atlantic. Let’s be realistic here. We’re the only team with talent in the ACC to defeat that QB/team and we’d have to play a perfect game for that to happen.
Probably not, but I also have seen enough to know that when a team is thought to be unbeatable, they can get complacent against underestimated teams.

That's the fun of it. Any given Saturday.

Advertisement
I'm hopeful for the future of this team, but fans on this board thinking we're anywhere close to have a competive game against Clemson this season are setting themselves to be disappointed. Don't get me wrong we could win, we do have talent, but it would be a huge upset.

Alabama defense got manhandled on the NCG, but our defense is going to shut them down? Be realistic. Last time our defense faced Clemson, with Clemson having a worst QB and arguably worse skill position players, they scored whenever they wanted

If Clemson had their same dline combined with us having the same OC as last year then I would agree with the score. Regardless of the hype their dline isn’t going to be anywhere near as dominant as they were the last 2 seasons.

Our creative offense combined with Jarren Williams, who isn’t going to let any QB out play him... it’s going to be a very competitive game barring any significant injuries along the way of course.
[/QUOt. don’t yet get too excited about our new creative offense. On paper it looks exciting but will the players carry out the playbook properly. Will our athleletes
Compete the play by catching pass then receivers provide blocking after catch. Necessary runner hit correct hole and follow his blockers to finish a nice run. 8/24 will reveal a lot.

I'm hopeful for the future of this team, but fans on this board thinking we're anywhere close to have a competive game against Clemson this season are setting themselves to be disappointed. Don't get me wrong we could win, we do have talent, but it would be a huge upset.

Alabama defense got manhandled on the NCG, but our defense is going to shut them down? Be realistic. Last time our defense faced Clemson, with Clemson having a worst QB and arguably worse skill position players, they scored whenever they wanted

To be fair, our defensive guys froze up.

There were moments early in that game where all we had to do was pick the ball up or fall on it or do what we had been doing all season and we looked confused. I didn't feel like I was watching the same confident kids that had balled all season. I'm not saying we were going to win (even though I had predicted Miami by a sizable margin).

I thought the reason Clemson absolutely dominated us in 2017 was because the DT that could do full splits was abusing young Navaughn. I don't know if you remember the Duke game from 2017. Duke had a DT wearing #99. He was smaller but he was abusing young Navaughn too so it wasn't just because Clemson's guy was a 1st rounder. I don't think we were ready yet.

If we had a right guard that could halfway block that one guy, we wouldn't have gotten embarrassed. Score would've been 28 - 10... Canes.

If we go 10-2 it means we have for the most part realized our offensive potential. If that happens I don’t see Clemson beating us by 30 as they predict.

But there’s plenty of time to worry about that down the line. 8/24 is all that matters right now.

exactly. if we win 10 games, that means our offense has had time to click and get better all year. sure theirs does too, but we're not losing by 30 with jarren having a whole season of experience. we have too much talent

Advertisement

There were moments early in that game where all we had to do was pick the ball up or fall on it or do what we had been doing all season and we looked confused. I didn't feel like I was watching the same confident kids that had balled all season. I'm not saying we were going to win (even though I had predicted Miami by a sizable margin).

I thought the reason Clemson absolutely dominated us in 2017 was because the DT that could do full splits was abusing young Navaughn. I don't know if you remember the Duke game from 2017. Duke had a DT wearing #99. He was smaller but he was abusing young Navaughn too so it wasn't just because Clemson's guy was a 1st rounder. I don't think we were ready yet.
I agree with you that the 2017 guys froze up, but that is part of my thinking in not expecting a competitive game against them this year, in order for our players to feel confident and play at their best we have to consistently play those big games. We had a nice thing going in 2017 with VaTech, FSU, ND and even Clemson, but we lost our way against Winsc and followed that up with a bad 2018, so I think this group will need to mature together before we get to NCG level like Clemson and Bama.

I can see your point about Clemson’s DL, but our OL is a question mark right now too.

What the **** are you talking about?! And exactly who handled Clemson last year? I’m waiting, yea no one as they were undefeated. That Syracuse victory was in 2017 and that was a Clemson without the future number 1 pick in the draft. So no, Syracuse isn’t winning the Atlantic and sure as **** ain’t beating Clemson and yes the hurricanes are the only team In The ACC that has the talent to beat Clemson. But we’d definitely have to play a perfect game with jarren balling out to do so. So what exactly was confusing about that statement?
My point is don't be a puss and just concede the game. Play with a winner's mentality. I know that's hard for some of our mentally defeated fans. What makes you so sure it CAN'T happen this year. You don't know.... I don't know. But I sure as **** won't concede anything. I guess that's what separates winners and lifetime losers.

They got the canes 10-2 vs Clemson 12-0 in the ACCCG. Clemson winning 41-13. Sounds about right

Not that score. We were crap and we covered closer then that. I think by the time we get to that game we will be an OF hard to handle and may even win that game. JMO!

Advertisement
I thought the reason Clemson absolutely dominated us in 2017 was because the DT that could do full splits was abusing young Navaughn.
When I read this, I thought of that stupid meme with him doing a split smiling at the camera 😂

I believe Clenson will regress ..they lost DL senior monsters. I see us being competitive when we meeting in the ACC game.. yes I believe we will be there.

I also see Bama ahead of them this year.
Clemsons offense will be great. I dont disagree with you saying we will be competitive against Clemson but they wont regress that much from last year. I still feel Syracuse will win the Atlantic though

You know what? Overall, that's actually a sensible and reasonable write-up. I disagree with the assessment regarding best defense, as I'd project Miami to have a better one than Clemson, particularly with Clemson losing so many starters from last season. And I certainly hope the ACCCG is, at the very least, much closer... But all in all, that's an informed, if safe, projection. We have much to prove and a clear path forward. Time to hustle.

Advertisement

If we had a right guard that could halfway block that one guy, we wouldn't have gotten embarrassed. Score would've been 28 - 10... Canes.

This is ludicrous.

We need the season to start so you all remember that other teams have guys on scholarship, too.

Come on man, You know the orangemen aren’t winning the Atlantic. Let’s be realistic here. We’re the only team with talent in the ACC to defeat that QB/team and we’d have to play a perfect game for that to happen.
Bro...do you even College Football's bro...Syracuse has a nasty defense this year
..one of the best in Babers time since being a coach, plus an offensive plan that runs over 100 plays a game ...will not be surprised at all if they are Dark Horse ACC Atlantic Champions.

Were going 15-0 and winning every game 70-0. Jarren will throw for 6000 yards and 80 TD, with 0 INT. Boom. I said it. That means it's true. Ur welcome.

Advertisement
Don’t sleep on Cuse, especially with their bookend sack monsters. That, and they’ve consistently gotten better against Clemson, something we will need to do as well. Not saying the Orangemen win the Atlantic, but wouldn’t surprise me if they fought Clemson to the end in that game, especially this season with all those players gone. The Tigers will have to outscore teams to win. That’s what I’m thinking - a top offense versus a top defense in the ACCCG , and we all know defenses win championships.

My point is don't be a puss and just concede the game. Play with a winner's mentality. I know that's hard for some of our mentally defeated fans. What makes you so sure it CAN'T happen this year. You don't know.... I don't know. But I sure as **** won't concede anything. I guess that's what separates winners and lifetime losers.
Again what the **** are you talking about and Who the **** is conceding the game? Not me but I am realistic and not pumping sunshine because that team is stacked but we are too. With that said I did say we could win if we play our best and barrens balls out. Any giving Saturday! What I will concede is we’re the only dam team in the acc that has the tools to beat them.

If we go 10-2 it means we have for the most part realized our offensive potential. If that happens I don’t see Clemson beating us by 30 as they predict.

But there’s plenty of time to worry about that down the line. 8/24 is all that matters right now.

I disagree if we go 10-2 I think we have an offense similar to 2017 which was below average-average. If we reach our potential we can be an above average offense and in that case with the championship defense we play I see either 1 close loss or undefeated going into the championship game.

Advertisement
Back