2019 ACC PREDICTIONS FROM BLEACHER REPORT

maurice3p

Senior
They got the canes 10-2 vs Clemson 12-0 in the ACCCG. Clemson winning 41-13. Sounds about right

Advertisement
Only if Syracuse doesn't take the Atlantic.

Their score estimate on the other hand, I don't know yet. That seems kinda close to 2017.

If Clemson had their same dline combined with us having the same OC as last year then I would agree with the score. Regardless of the hype their dline isn’t going to be anywhere near as dominant as they were the last 2 seasons.

Our creative offense combined with Jarren Williams, who isn’t going to let any QB out play him... it’s going to be a very competitive game barring any significant injuries along the way of course.

If we go 10-2 it means we have for the most part realized our offensive potential. If that happens I don’t see Clemson beating us by 30 as they predict.

But there’s plenty of time to worry about that down the line. 8/24 is all that matters right now.

Only if Syracuse doesn't take the Atlantic.

Their score estimate on the other hand, I don't know yet. That seems kinda close to 2017.
Come on man, You know the orangemen aren’t winning the Atlantic. Let’s be realistic here. We’re the only team with talent in the ACC to defeat that QB/team and we’d have to play a perfect game for that to happen.

Advertisement
If Clemson had their same dline combined with us having the same OC as last year then I would agree with the score. Regardless of the hype their dline isn’t going to be anywhere near as dominant as they were the last 2 seasons.

Our creative offense combined with Jarren Williams, who isn’t going to let any QB out play him... it’s going to be a very competitive game barring any significant injuries along the way of course.
Thank you KrazyCane. A voice of reason. Everybody is so ready to crown Clemson but ask Syracuse what they think about em? They couldn't give 2 craps about Clemson yet our fans are ready to concede before we play.
Good thing the coaches and players don't feel the way some of the fans do. PLAY THE FREAKIN GAME AND LET THE CHIPS FALL WHERE THEY FALL.
App St/Mich
OD/VT
Troy/LSU
**** I'll even throw in FIU/UM.
Conceded nothing. Play the **** games!

I believe Clenson will regress ..they lost DL senior monsters. I see us being competitive when we meeting in the ACC game.. yes I believe we will be there.

I also see Bama ahead of them this year.

Advertisement

Boom, Clemson defense, period, will not be the same as last year...lots of Clemson fans worried as **** about their defense this season.

The national media has been on their knees gargling whatever Trevor Lawrence and Clemson decide to put in their mouths. I really want to see our defense against this Clemson offense. Gotta figure by December our team is going to be absolutely rolling. Think we'd give them a **** of a fight.

Come on man, You know the orangemen aren’t winning the Atlantic. Let’s be realistic here. We’re the only team with talent in the ACC to defeat that QB/team and we’d have to play a perfect game for that to happen.
Wow. We're good enough to win our conference but not good enough to beat a team that was handled by a team in the conference we should win. Really?

Advertisement
The national media has been on their knees gargling whatever Trevor Lawrence and Clemson decide to put in their mouths. I really want to see our defense against this Clemson offense. Gotta figure by December our team is going to be absolutely rolling. Think we'd give them a **** of a fight.

They are going to score multiple TDs against us... they can score on any team in the country. We don’t have an answer (nobody does) for their receivers especially Justyn Ross and Etienne doesn’t go down on first contact.

We do have the athletes and Philosophy to make each drive hard for them to finish but I think the real competition is going to be between our offense vs their defense.

Can we score points consistently enough to keep up with Clemson’s potential scoring out put? Easier said then done but anything can happen on any given Saturday.

Clemson is miles ahead of us as a program and team right now. We've got a lot of work to do to get back to that level of play. Nevertheless, the pendulum of power in College football often shifts and does so rapidly. Florida went from SEC/National Champion heavyweight in 2009 to a 7-5 nobody by 2010. Since then, they've been mostly irrelevant. FSU went from a playoff contender in 2014 to a nobody by 2017. Even Bama, which has been a contender since 2009, is starting to show signs of cracking.

Manny's focus is on growth, development, and gradually picking up all the right pieces. At some point, an opportunity will emerge. Clemson will slip eventually, as all programs do, and that's when we need to fill that vacuum. People forget that Clemson didn't start winning big until FSU slipped and they took their place.

Wow. We're good enough to win our conference but not good enough to beat a team that was handled by a team in the conference we should win. Really?
What the **** are you talking about?! And exactly who handled Clemson last year? I’m waiting, yea no one as they were undefeated. That Syracuse victory was in 2017 and that was a Clemson without the future number 1 pick in the draft. So no, Syracuse isn’t winning the Atlantic and sure as **** ain’t beating Clemson and yes the hurricanes are the only team In The ACC that has the talent to beat Clemson. But we’d definitely have to play a perfect game with jarren balling out to do so. So what exactly was confusing about that statement?

Advertisement
Clemson would be at least a 21 point favorite on a neutral field against any ACC opponent, per Vegas.

They are -27 against FSU at the moment in Death Valley on 10/12.

Clemson's DL is always top tier. I was very impressed with their OL as well in 2017 but I imagine going up against those monsters would have both sides of the ball sharp.

Justyn Ross is a dynamic playmaker and a big time WR. Trevor Lawrence by all accounts is the best QB in the country.

Miami - 72 Clemson - 2

They are going to score multiple TDs against us... they can score on any team in the country. We don’t have an answer (nobody does) for their receivers especially Justyn Ross and Etienne doesn’t go down on first contact.

We do have the athletes and Philosophy to make each drive hard for them to finish but I think the real competition is going to be between our offense vs their defense.

Can we score points consistently enough to keep up with Clemson’s potential scoring out put? Easier said then done but anything can happen on any given Saturday.
Their WRs will outclass our CBs. Aside from that though, our safeties could be playing at an elite level by the end of the year, Shaq and Pickney will be playing their penultimate game, and the DL will probably be on the FBI's terror watch list for murdering so many white QBs. It'll be the best defense they face all season. Agreed on it all hinging on our offense if we're to really make it a game. I'm just curious to see how our defense would fare against this Clemson machine.

Advertisement
Back