2019 4-star Running Back Recaps Miami Visit

View as article

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
Four-star running back Daniel Carter, who is currently 5’11’’ 207 pounds, has a loaded list of offers that includes school like: Miami, Ohio State, Michigan, Auburn, Georgia, and LSU. Carter, along with countless other highly rated Florida recruits, made his way down to Coral Gables for an unofficial visit last Saturday. All of the prospects gathered together on Greentree to watch Miami’s first Saturday practice of spring football.

“The intensity was great. It reminds me of our practice (at Aquinas)," Carter said. "They are getting after it every day and competing with each other, I liked it.”

Carter was impressed by the campus and the new indoor facility currently being built down in Coral Gables. Coach Richt has made the IPF a selling point for recruits.

“Everything was nice, it’s beautiful there,” Carter said describing his trip down to Miami.

The four star running back really liked what he saw from the team as a whole, but especially from what he saw out of Coach Brown and the running backs.

“Yes I can see myself there," Carter said. "Coach Thomas Brown talked about how he wants his running backs to be dogs and I think I can fit right in that group.”

Carter also gave us his take on the QB battle currently brewing down in Miami.

“The starting QB (Rosier) was great yesterday leading the offense.”

After practice, Carter and the other recruits had a meal and got to spend time with their respective position coaches.

While Carter really enjoyed his Miami visit, he plans to take many more visits throughout the process.

“I want to try to visit most of the schools that offered me," Carter said.

Since St. Thomas does not allow their students to graduate early, Carter also noted that he is no hurry at all to make a decision. He does not know where he will be taking his official visits next season and really just wants to take his time and make the right decision.

“I want to enjoy the process," Carter said.

Miami already has a commitment from three-star running back Marcus Crowley, but they are looking to take more running backs this class. This could be a year that Miami takes more than two running backs, especially when you count in guys like Kenny McIntosh and Mark-Anthony Richards, who are listed as running backs but may play on the defensive side of the ball in college.

Advertisement
Trey - RB
Chez - Athlete
Carter - RB
Crowley - LB
Mcintosh - LB
Richards - DB

Take em all and let it work itself out.

hes a bull of a runner. Like his running style alot. Waiting around wont get him in this class though. I think he will do numbers for sta thi syear though as more of a focal point

Trey - RB
Chez - Athlete
Carter - RB
Crowley - LB
Mcintosh - LB
Richards - DB

Agree with taking them all....do not agree with Crowley at Lb and McIntosh/richards with defined positions.

Sign em and let the chips fall as they may on positions

Advertisement
Trey - RB
Chez - Athlete
Carter - RB
Crowley - LB
Mcintosh - LB
Richards - DB

I also like Vincent Davis from Cardinal Gibbons. Not as highly-rated as the above guys, but watch his film. The kid can scoot.

There are just so many excellent RBs this year that we're going to end up letting some good ones get away.

Trey - RB
Chez - Athlete
Carter - RB
Crowley - LB
Mcintosh - LB
Richards - DB

There is no way we are recruiting all those LB's and bringing in Crowley/McIntosh as LB's. Not saying they couldn't play LB but there is no way we view them as LB's.

One of my fav guys who we probably dont even recruit is Jacquez Stuart out of MNW. Legit sub 4.4 kid at rb/slot wr. Its absurd the amount of rb talent in state and locally this year.

Advertisement
Richards and McIntosh imo are takes as athletes, playing whichever their preferred positions are first. IMO that would be RB for McIntosh, and WR for Richards.

Then Crowley is a keep at RB. That leaves one spot imo for 1a. Sanders > 2a. Cain > 2b. Carter > 3. Mellussi ....in that order.
I think Sanders and Cain would be very hard to get, in which case I think Carter is the dude. Which is actually good that he's not going to be an EE. It allows us to focus heavily on Sanders and Cain early (still recruiting Carter solidly), then once it becomes clear what their decision will be, we can go hard for Carter as the top RB2 option if they aren't picking us. ...at least that's how I'd approach this.

Advertisement
Kenny McIntosh and Crowley are our only guarantees at RB. If Sanders commits move Crowley to FB but McIntosh is a beast he needs to stay at RB.

Mark Richards is playing WR. Him, Payton, and one more WR or just leave it at Richards and Payton.

The rest of the rbs are going to end up at another school I don't care how big a fan u are, elite running backs aren't coming anywhere to sit 3-4 years before they even touch the rock.

One of my fav guys who we probably dont even recruit is Jacquez Stuart out of MNW. Legit sub 4.4 kid at rb/slot wr. Its absurd the amount of rb talent in state and locally this year.

His tape reminds me of Johnny Ford, another one of those dangerous rb/slot/kr types with good burst, vision, and balance.

His tape reminds me of Johnny Ford, another one of those dangerous rb/slot/kr types with good burst, vision, and balance.

ran a 10.6 100m i believe this week at fl relays..Looks like he placed right behind.. Schwartz, and Tyson Campbell.
Also hes a legit 5'9-5'10 170-175 pds. Not as small as Ford.

Last edited:
Advertisement
'i want to enjoy the process' = not going to be in this class, imo.

we have 4 frosh rbs on the roster. there aren't going to be spots held for many kids.

I wouldn’t be upset if we only took 1 RB this year.

I’d rather use the scholarship on an O-Lineman.

I wouldn’t be upset if we only took 1 RB this year.

I’d rather use the scholarship on an O-Lineman.

I would. There's too much RB talent available to just take one. WR, on the other hand, I wouldn't complain if we took just one.

Advertisement
Back