2018 WR talks Canes

Advertisement
They produce speed at Maryland?? That's actually funny.. If I remember, Stefon Diggs was fast before he came to Maryland I couldn't name any another star Maryland WR, let alone a speed guy. Not exactly a pipeline to the pros....

I'd agree 100% but to give him a lil bit of more support for his dumb *** statement you can add torey Smith. Regardless, he won't be part of this class unless drastic changes are made.

Care to elaborate? Just not a priority?

Yup. Got like 8 wr rated higher that atleast 6 of them we are looking very good with my nephew just being one.

Makes sense. Too much talent down here. Who is your nephew?

That's a good answer.

A very, very good answer.

I hope one of those WRs is a burner - we need to still kick the team speed at WR, RB and DB up a notch...

They produce speed at Maryland?? That's actually funny.. If I remember, Stefon Diggs was fast before he came to Maryland I couldn't name any another star Maryland WR, let alone a speed guy. Not exactly a pipeline to the pros....

I'd agree 100% but to give him a lil bit of more support for his dumb *** statement you can add torey Smith. Regardless, he won't be part of this class unless drastic changes are made.

Yup. Got like 8 wr rated higher that atleast 6 of them we are looking very good with my nephew just being one.

Advertisement

Makes sense. Too much talent down here. Who is your nephew?

Brian Hightower

I think Pope, Copeland and Xavier Williams are the 3 at the top of the board

Copeland ain't. He's top 5 but my nephew is more of a priority then him. Atleast according to the staff.

What about Jatavious Harris?

Just a guess but I'd say taye is just behind Copeland mixed in with Warren Thompson. After four it can flip flop a few different ways. But honestly you can't go wrong with any of them.

Hayward-Bay = superfast WR from Maryland.

Torrey Smith

Most of our base doesn't watch football outside of canes base

If Maryland pulls a South Florida stud using a "be the next Darrius Heyward Bey" pitch, you gotta tip your cap.

IF we take 5 WRs this year, how many WRs in 2018? 3? 4?

We're not taking 5 well take 4 and same number next year.

Cool. Who, in your opinion, are the 4 this year? i.e., who gets nudged out of Njoku, Pouncey, Harley, Thomas, Smith?

Pouncey isn't a take unless devonta changes his mind. The rest already locked in. Signing day in all cases.

Wow. Bold. I love it. From your lips to God's ear...and then to the kids' pens on NSD lol

Advertisement

Cool. Who, in your opinion, are the 4 this year? i.e., who gets nudged out of Njoku, Pouncey, Harley, Thomas, Smith?

Pouncey isn't a take unless devonta changes his mind. The rest already locked in. Signing day in all cases.

So how our these decisions gonna be relayed to Pouncey? We're gonna wait till Smith makes a decision, if it doesn't work in Miami's favor we'll then send a LOI to Pouncey and then he'll release a Miami version of his commitment video?

So how our these decisions gonna be relayed to Pouncey? We're gonna wait till Smith makes a decision, if it doesn't work in Miami's favor we'll then send a LOI to Pouncey and then he'll release a Miami version of his commitment video?

Stranger things have happened. Ask Alex Collins' family...

Maybe, but that seems like a weird and strained timeline. Kid makes a commitment video a day after his official with Miami and he's a conditional take? Even if he's filming alternate versions he doesn't seem like a guy that will be waiting for the go ahead.

I doubt Pouncey gets bounced if he wants in. You can clear up deadweight somewhere else on the roster. I can think of a few off the top of my head.

Is Pouncey supposed to sit around on NSD holdin his d!ck? Hope we don't lose both because we got too picky. Pouncey has speed that this roster desperately needs. And Thomas could be a CB when it's all said and done.

Advertisement
And he should have been a Cane.

Maybe, but that seems like a weird and strained timeline. Kid makes a commitment video a day after his official with Miami and he's a conditional take? Even if he's filming alternate versions he doesn't seem like a guy that will be waiting for the go ahead.

Richt has been nothing but honestly with all these kids. People can either get butt hurt or realize this is a business from all perspectives. Same way we understand kids tell schools what they wanna hear until we either sign them or get eliminated it ain't no different from the administration's side. But in this instance we told him a time frame & he told us one. After this weekend well have definitive answers on the entire class.

I doubt Pouncey gets bounced if he wants in. You can clear up deadweight somewhere else on the roster. I can think of a few off the top of my head.

Is Pouncey supposed to sit around on NSD holdin his d!ck? Hope we don't lose both because we got too picky. Pouncey has speed that this roster desperately needs. And Thomas could be a CB when it's all said and done.

But that's the thing. He really doesn't. He ran **** near a 4.7 40. He has nice quickness & good size but all of the kids in this next class have a perfect combination of size,speed & hands other than Pope who is a different breed of reciever. & Thomas ain't gonna play no corner. Granted he could just like another poster mentioned devonta could but neither of them if they even come close to their potential will ever play defense.

Advertisement
And he should have been a Cane.

That's true. Steffon was all about us but in the end of the day I don't blame anyone for going in another direction over especially this last staff.

Richt has been nothing but honestly with all these kids. People can either get butt hurt or realize this is a business from all perspectives. Same way we understand kids tell schools what they wanna hear until we either sign them or get eliminated it ain't no different from the administration's side. But in this instance we told him a time frame & he told us one. After this weekend well have definitive answers on the entire class.

Text updates from Brooklyndee starting Monday at noon?

Advertisement
Back