2018 WR/DB Xavier Williams, a Hurricane again?

Advertisement
if he is transferring it will be to Gus in Orlando or DADE in Broward I bet

edit wrong County

Last edited:
Advertisement
Development gods out there at Bama I tell ya.
All of our recent day 4 draft picks over the last few years would’ve been 1st rounders if they went to bama right?
very weird comment to make about a wr from bama. he just wasn’t as good as jeudy devonta waddle. they’ve produced first rounders at wr at an amazing clip. if williams wasn’t one of them, it’s hard to blame them.

very weird comment to make about a wr from bama. he just wasn’t as good as jeudy devonta waddle. they’ve produced first rounders at wr at an amazing clip. if williams wasn’t one of them, it’s hard to blame them.

Not PACUSMC, but I believe he was being sarcastic. Williams is evidence that Bama produces first rounders because they recruit kids that already have first round talent, not because their coaches are superior at developing them into first rounders.

Advertisement
What would Ridley Cooper and Jeudy say??
At first I thought that said, "What would Riley Cooper .... say??" and...

riley cooper n word.jpg

Jeudy was the only can’t-miss guy. I stood next to Pope his senior year and legit thought it would be negligent to put him on the field with grown men. He looked like he was in 8th grade.
The hype behind Pope wow....Juedy was 1000% can't miss. The other were a toss up but I never knew how small Pope was till I saw him in a cane jersey. I was worried big time and rightfully so

Not PACUSMC, but I believe he was being sarcastic. Williams is evidence that Bama produces first rounders because they recruit kids that already have first round talent, not because their coaches are superior at developing them into first rounders.
Facts

Advertisement
It’s both. They recruit kids that have the potential to be first rounders and put them in position to succeed.

Advertisement
The whole argument is silly. People fetishize ‘development’. ‘We developed XYZ‘ without asking why we didn’t develop other guys (or blame the other guys). Development for the most part is what happens when you recruit talented kids who work hard and compete hard. Mix in some maturity physically and nutrition and S&C. Alabama does that. Sure, there are some coaching pointers at each position that can help but there is zero reason to think we do that better tha others or that alabama or other top programs do it poorly. If anything, the greater competition that comes from talent and depth and culture helps develop kids - that’s what butch understood.

In any case, williams isn’t evdicence of anything other than that he’s not good enough to be a standout wr at alabama.

Jeudy was the only can’t-miss guy. I stood next to Pope his senior year and legit thought it would be negligent to put him on the field with grown men. He looked like he was in 8th grade.
I stood next to Pope and Devonta Smith when they were recruits at a UM game and they were the same size.

Pope is a good, or not good, receiver not due to his size.

There are small receivers cashing NFL paychecks.

Just think back to Travis Benjamin and mentally picture him and Pope standing side-by-side.

There’s much more to it. Pope could grow three inches, gain 20 lb of muscle and reduce his 40 time by 0.5s and he’d still be the same guy.

It’s about his attitude, confidence, mentality, and other physical and mental attributes.

They produce cause they recruit. Not because they develop. Every time I bring this up you defend them. They evaluated Jeudy the same way they evealuated X and took their commitment. One didn’t pan out and it had nothing do with any coach on that staff. He just wasn’t good enough but they have so much talent that they can get away with a dude that didn’t pan out. That sht happens here and that one elite recruit is under a microscope and the minute he doesn’t perform it’s some position coach’s fault.
You recruit enough talented players you’re gonna get high draft picks by default and not because you develop.
I lol every time cause many on here are still complaining about Pope. If we would’ve recruited pope smith and Jeudy to this team no one on here would be shedding a tear over him.
I’m not hearing Anything from Bama about Jones-bell either. But I’m hearing a lot about Leary and hall. Their fans don’t like Jobe even though he’s a starter. But if Jobe wouldn’t be getting a draft grade here after 4 years it would be a coach’s fault and would be saying that if he went to Bama he would’ve been a first rounder just like PS2. The reality is that Jobe was never ps2.
Last time I checked Bama doesn’t have the Corey Raymond of receivers on staff. Going back since Cooper they’ve all had a different receiving coaches over there and almost all of their 1st round receivers made an impact the minute they stepped onto the practice field.
Same position, strength, nutrition, and offensive coaches that coached Jeudy, Smith and Waddle coached X and he was one of the best receivers down here.
The same people that coached Ahmon coached the other dudes here but only one of them looked like a first rounder and I don’t see dugans “developing” at fspoo unless that 5 star wants to play receiver.

Advertisement
Back