2018 WR/DB Xavier Williams, a Hurricane again?

Advertisement
**** its ironic he was being discussed in another thread just a few days ago and I mentioned that he really must be happy there to be the 5th-6th WR on the depth chart and not have transferred yet as a Rs-Jr.

Guess Saban made the decision for him! No need in waiting around for him to make the right choice on his own!

Guess ill go out of on a limb and assume that STA DT that went there (Brandon Ingram?) isnt too far behind. I didnt even see him listed on their depth chart at all.
Oh the **** well ...man up and accept your fate.

Advertisement
Processing the kid out 2-3 weeks before Fall camp sounds weird. Why not kick him out right after Spring ball so he can find another landing spot? Anyone think this is academic related since Summer session is almost over? That could be positive (letting him finish his degree so he can GTransfer) or negative (buddy is goofing off and barely has a 2.0 GPA and is damaged goods on the field so why keep him around..)

The top three So Fl Wrs that class wer Jeudy. Pipe and Williams. Jeudy ended up an All American Day 1 kid, Pope couldn't deliver even though he was a starter, and Williams couldn’t even sniff the field. And WRa are usually some of the easiest to project. Crazy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Very curious here.

Didn't some ppl mention that the portal had a deadline for immediate eligibility? Does that mean this kid can no longer transfer and play this year, effectively ending his career if he is a RS Senior?

Or can a grad transfer always play immediately? Transfer after game 3 to another school and play?

Summon the rules master here, Ori.

Just goes to show you that every team misses on evals. The key isn't to hit on every eval, its to recruit so many good players that a miss is covered up the following year or even 2 years later. The problem is when the misses make it onto the field.

Advertisement
Jeudy was the only can’t-miss guy. I stood next to Pope his senior year and legit thought it would be negligent to put him on the field with grown men. He looked like he was in 8th grade.
Calvin Ridley coming out of Monarch was special too, I would lable as a can't miss prospect too.

I'll throw in two names that I had as can't miss prospects coming out of HS who were both busts. Ermon Lane and Da'vante Phillips. If you would've told me that those two would be busts coming out of HS, I would be homeless right now from betting my house they wouldn't be. FSU is truly the place where receivers go to die. 🤦🏾‍♂️🥴

Jeudy was the only can’t-miss guy. I stood next to Pope his senior year and legit thought it would be negligent to put him on the field with grown men. He looked like he was in 8th grade.
Per the latest gas station photos that’s still the case. Jk jk

Calvin Ridley coming out of Monarch was special too, I would lable as a can't miss prospect too.

I'll throw in two names that I had as can't miss prospects coming out of HS who were both busts. Ermon Lane and Da'vante Phillips. If you would've told me that those two would be busts coming out of HS, I would be homeless right now from betting my house they wouldn't be. FSU is truly the place where receivers go to die. 🤦🏾‍♂️🥴
You just never know how an 18 year old will react to being in college, in sports or academics. just so many variables.

Advertisement
Back