2018 WR Austin forming relationship with Dugans

View as article
Why would a person with better options want to play for Brian Kelly and live in South Bend, Indiana? Brian Kelly is a maniac who regularly destroys his players on the sidelines on television. He is now in scapegoating mode as well which does not bode well for his continued employment at The University of Our Lady. In addition to playing for that maniac, why would anyone want to leave South Florida to move to South Bend? I'm sure Kevin will commit to ND, but it doesn't seem like a great choice for the reasons stated above.

Advertisement
Why would a person with better options want to play for Brian Kelly and live in South Bend, Indiana? Brian Kelly is a maniac who regularly destroys his players on the sidelines on television. He is now in scapegoating mode as well which does not bode well for his continued employment at The University of Our Lady. In addition to playing for that maniac, why would anyone want to leave South Florida to move to South Bend? I'm sure Kevin will commit to ND, but it doesn't seem like a great choice for the reasons stated above.

ND = good academics and strong football history.

ND = good academics and strong football history.

Kelly is a complete ****. no thanks.

Austin > Moore

Completely different WR's IMO.

Moore can do things Austin can't and vice versa.

They're supposed to be on the same team though. Imagine that. Unstoppable.

They are completely different but with only one more spot left I would want Austin. Both are great players

Agree. As much as I like Moore's ability we already have a WR coming in that's similar. We have nobody like Austin.

At this point I'm not the biggest fan of Austin, unless he truly shows out, no way he takes the big receiver role from Hightower or Wiggins. Give me X or Elijah, simply because it'd be better to diversify the types of receivers we load up on. But thats just my 2 cents

Ehhh, I don't know man. Austin is 6'3" 200lbs and more explosive than Hightower and Wiggins. Those guys don't separate like Austin does. Austin actually has wheels, he's not just big. He runs very well. (under 11 seconds in the 100m at that size)

I'm just curious to know if he'll play big. If he'll use his body, high point the ball, etc.

Advertisement
At this point I'm not the biggest fan of Austin, unless he truly shows out, no way he takes the big receiver role from Hightower or Wiggins. Give me X or Elijah, simply because it'd be better to diversify the types of receivers we load up on. But thats just my 2 cents

Ehhh, I don't know man. Austin is 6'3" 200lbs and more explosive than Hightower and Wiggins. Those guys don't separate like Austin does. Austin actually has wheels, he's not just big. He runs very well. (under 11 seconds in the 100m at that size)

I'm just curious to know if he'll play big. If he'll use his body, high point the ball, etc.

I like him quite a bit more than Hightower, kid is a beast. Physical with good speed.

Advertisement
Who said he cant commit? Seems like the issue with this kid was his interest level. Staff putting in time to address that.

There's a long way to NSD. And priorities will change over time. But all indications would seem to be Austin is a kid who top programs will continue to recruit, and who could easily turn out to be as good as or better than some kids currently committed here and elsewhere at the WR spot.

Pretty sure everyone with knowledge, including Pete, has said that they're holding the last WR spot for Williams for at least a little while. If that's the case, then none of the other guys like Moore or Austin have actual offers. If there's 1 spot left at WR, and they're holding a spot for a guy higher on their board, then logic tells you that the lower guys don't have actual offers.

If Austin used his body like Watt, he'd be a top 5 WR in the country.

I like him quite a bit more than Hightower, kid is a beast. Physical with good speed.

He's a much more physically impressive guy from a talent standpoint.

Staff has some decisions make and obviously the kids do to, as some kids will choose elsewhere...

Got the feeling Wiggins and Pope are in and they will wait on Pope even if he decides to drag it out...I think they'll wait a while on Hightower too IF they think the interest is legit. Maybe a Babb or out of stater gets waited on too if a serious option

Then you got Gammage, Austin, Harris, Schwarz, Moore, maybe Copeland, maybe Thompson...And that's not even including if Munroe, Oliver, Lipscomb, Watt (FS?) types take a step forward and work way into convo

Skeeter. If you are the same Skeeter that's on the Shadow site can you do me a favor and send me an email to mmarsengil@aol.com
Thanks

Advertisement
I´m all for taking Austin or Moore and closing up shop at WR. The staff must feel pretty good about changing William´s mind. Or be satisfied with bringing in jjust three WRs.

[video=youtube;7Ri5RtfRkug]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ri5RtfRkug[/video]

Im sorry but i need to see him against elite defenders in pads. I also need to see his 40 time before I can judge. Look at popes highlights he's wrecking the best defenders in the country i need to see this with him before I make an assumption

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back