2018 Schedule Preview: BC could be our toughest game.

Advertisement
Red bandanas simply cannot help BC on the field.

We've played in innumerable games with louder, more boisterous, more overtly antagonistic crowds against far better teams. Sure, they'll be fired up, BUT who isn't when they play Miami

BC simply does not match up well against us in any way. Everything they can do, we can do much better, with better players and with far more frequency.

Unless as a team, the players and coaches, completely fall asleep at the wheel after the bye week while knowing the stakes, this game won't even be close. No Flutie magic to see here. Not this year

So we simply disagree, .....But that's why games are played .......so we'll see

Oh I see, I thought you were saying loss for us because of the theme.
We actually do agree on a Canes victory, but by differing margins on the scoreboard.
I'll take the W either way but you make some very valid points. So 12-0 we go, Salud.

Ooooooooooooookaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy.

Advertisement
Glen Livet 15yr French Oak Reserve
The Glenlivet 15 Year Old
app.png
Smooth as silk! Got one ready to open when we kick off... just for good luck.

LSU has a great defense even after the defections, they recruit well, it won't be a cake walk. I agree on BU and FSU will always be up for our game!

Advertisement
Opening game against LSU is easily a trap game, VT and FSU are always the toughest games every year to win and well I believe both those teams will want revenge big time. UVA and UNC have had our number throughout the years, BC is a very dangerous road game indeed, I woulden't even overlook the road game at Toledo lol.

The scedule sets up nicely.

Obviously opening up with LSU will be tough, but then 3 straight cupcackes.

Having 3 straight home games (FIU, UNC, FSU) is a nice stretch. Our offense will have time to really gel over this time. Also getting UNC at home on a short week is nice. FSU has at UL the week before they come to the ROCK! We have a chance to end them early.

UVA has a bye week before we travel to Charlottesville. Thats is going to be tougher then most think. Its aways a emotional roller coster after FSU. We need to come out with a win and healthy prior to UVA.

BC has a bye week before we travel up to Boston, but so do we.

Away games back to back against GT and VT will be tough as well.

I think if we make it through UVA unscathed...we have a chance to really special, but at the same time it doesn't get any easier. GT and its bull**** offense id a headache no matter what way you slice it. VT has been a thorne in our side for ages.

But at the end of the day.... if our offense plays like last year then it wont really matter. They need to have more TOP and put points up.

Schedule sets up nicely. In reality, the LSU game doesn't matter all that much. What I'm really wanting/hoping to see is how many backups will get reps in the second half of games 2-4. I don't mind if scores are closer than they should be if Williams, Lingard, Pope, etc are getting a lot of touches. Really, really need to get QB's other than Rosier reps. Let's all remember Al Golden beat Savannah State 77-7 in a shortened game. We should easily be able to hang a hundred on them and I'd be surprised if they get more than a field goal.

I see FSU being close at the half but Diaz making the necessary adjustments in 2H to pull away for a 10-14 point win. Biggest concerns are AT VT and BC late in the season. That's never really gone well for us.

Oh yes the **** LSU does matter that much. Taking down a $E¢ opponent on national TV at a neutral site is yuge! I don’t care if L$U goes 2-10 on the season; beating down one of their “elite” teams makes huge headlines. I want blood! I want to demolish L$U. F$U and L$U are the the two games I want to run the f’n Score board up on!

LSU
Va Tech
FSU
BC

Top 4 hardest games, LSU being first. Away game that is nationally televised. We have not won one of those in awhile.

I would flip FSU and Va Tech. FSU and Miami both get fired up for that game. Remember how we kept it close even with Golden and FSU was stacked with 5 stars.

Advertisement
If Miami beats LSU like that, then I believe the rest of the season will will be special

Advertisement
LSU, BC, FSU, UVA, VT can and will be tough.

BC is always tough at home. Even when the score was a blowout for The U, the game was usually closer than the score would indicate.

I would flip FSU and Va Tech. FSU and Miami both get fired up for that game. Remember how we kept it close even with Golden and FSU was stacked with 5 stars.

IDK about switching FSU, it's a transition year after losing Jimbo/staff and a lot of their top guys.
After taking a close look at that coaching staff, they may be playing sandlot ball this year.
Willie was set up to fail - it may be sinking slowly, but FSU is a sinking ship.

I don't think I'm quite as bullish as you are OP, but I still think that 12-0 is on the table for this team.

Advertisement
Back