2018 Recruiting class; maintain momentum

SoCalPete73

Freshman
I absolutely love how the 2018 class is coming together & I love the 2017 OL class Richt & co. signed...but I'm a little concerned we haven't seen more progress or maintained the same momentum with OL recruiting like we are with the "skill" players. Alabama has become "Alabama" not b/c of their RBs, WRs, or other skill guys, they've been the best CFB team over the past several years b/c they clean house on the O & D lines. We're starting to match them on the DL and the 2017 OL class is a good start, but we gotta have another good OL class (if, possibly fewer members - 3+/-) again this year.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
We literally just signed 5 OL, and we already have 1 committed for '18. We have a year until NSD bud.

And since you brought up Bama - they have none signed for '18 at the moment. (not that it matters - again we're a year away)

We signed the best OL class this century. The dline class is equally as impressive. The skill positions are the main focus in 18 with an elite LB and 2-3 DTs.

OL class is just as important as DB class. We're losing 4 guys including 2 starters this year. We still have Milo, Mahoney, and Jahair Jones as JAGS clogging up our roster. We need at least 4 and better yet 5 OL in 2018, unless those JAGS actually amount to something.

Advertisement
We're still hearing of new names emerging everyday. And we can't expect every player to commit on the spot.

Besides is still ******* FEBRUARY.

Some of you need to learn about patience.

We're still hearing of new names emerging everyday. And we can't expect every player to commit on the spot.

Besides is still ******* FEBRUARY.

Some of you need to learn about patience.

Right. This time last year I had no idea who Thomas, Hillery, Dykstra, and others were.

OL class is just as important as DB class. We're losing 4 guys including 2 starters this year. We still have Milo, Mahoney, and Jahair Jones as JAGS clogging up our roster. We need at least 4 and better yet 5 OL in 2018, unless those JAGS actually amount to something.
Lmao there is no way we're taking four or five in '18.

Advertisement
Since we just signed 5 we can be patient with what Olinemen we take in 18. Like others have stated its earky and with Olinemen alot of the time they progress later in there careers ie. Gaynor.

Based on what we have experienced so far, I am behind this staff 100%. I would look at the big picture and not be myopic, but some posters enjoy looking up a$$ holes and locating ****.

Advertisement
If we keep them on momentum going, we will have 200 commitments by national signing day

We signed brown and have him for two more years, we will redshirt some lineman and we will be fine.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back