2018 QB Joe Milton receives offer

Already taking snaps from under center. The throw at 6:09 is a thing of beauty. Steps up in the pocket and throws a laser! Want!!!

Advertisement
Oh & btw... He's listed as a "Dual-threat" but he has a little over 100yds total in 2 seasons as Olympia's starter.

He's not a running QB, he's a big Pocket passer who has enough mobility to run & escape from the pocket when necessary.

Good athlete, not a fan of that throwing motion. Reminds me of Logan Thomas

Definitely needs to be tightened up...

But he still gets rid of it quick & that's what I like, it's not overly elongated where he's telegraphing passes, but it definitely needs to be shortened.

Advertisement
Looks like a perfect prospect for Richt to coach up. Mobile with a strong arm. I love the way he throws on the move. You can't really teach that. How strong is his interest in UM? I imagine it might be hard to keep an Orlando kid like him away from the Noles and Turds.

I really like this kid a lot. I saw Geo tweet about him earlier today, so I watched his flim and I'm definitely a fan. Out of all the QB were recruiting this cycle I like him the most. He may not be as polished as some of the other QB were looking at but I still like him over the others. He a kid that would benefit from being redshirted, which is fine because we won't need him to play right away.

I agree that the throwing motion is a bit long but I love the way the ball leaves his hand so effortlessly. And despite being young, he seems to have nice touch. Throws a catchable ball. Curious to see how he develops.

Advertisement

But he still gets rid of it quick & that's what I like, it's not overly elongated where he's telegraphing passes, but it definitely needs to be shortened.

Y'all just called him a 4th round who at one point was considered a first round pick.....

Anyone going meh needs to get glasses...the kid was playing receiver and looked like a D-1 level WR while doing it

Y'all just called him a 4th round who at one point was considered a first round pick.....
Yall? I didn't compare him to Logan Thomas... Go read page 1 for my opinion on Milton.

Yall? I didn't compare him to Logan Thomas... Go read page 1 for my opinion on Milton.

I did read it

Advertisement
i hope his maxprep stats arent accurate bc while HS stats arent the most important of factors, 46% completion rate is ugly

Impressive tape but he's a project. Stats aren't that great but you can see the arm talent/versatility in his tape. Definitely will need a RS year. Could see them taking him if their bigger targets (Thompson, the Gorman kid) go elsewhere.

Advertisement
i hope his maxprep stats arent accurate bc while HS stats arent the most important of factors, 46% completion rate is ugly

The guy up at Louisville completed 42% his Jr year of HS. Milton has areas that need improvement, but he would be a solid #2 QB in this class.

I like the direction the staff is going and if we have room. I wouldn't hate this guy being part of the class. We got guys at the position that will move on if a Weldon or Perry win the job.

The guy up at Louisville completed 42% his Jr year of HS. Milton has areas that need improvement, but he would be a solid [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 [/URL] QB in this class.

I like the direction the staff is going and if we have room. I wouldn't hate this guy being part of the class. We got guys at the position that will move on if a Weldon or Perry win the job.

i love his talent upside and im beyond impressed by some of his individual clips. dude def has huge potential. i just like to learn as much about the prospect as possible to further inform the discussion.

i will say that Lamar Jackson is the exception and not the rule, compounded by the fact that Jackson's successes all start with his otherworldly running ability.

Based on the info we have so far (assuming its accuracy), i dont think its unfair to compare Milton as a prospect at this stage to someone like Alin Eduoard as a prospect at the same stage, however with even higher upside.

i like the idea of milton as a #2 qb in a class due to his huge upside, but im not under the impression that well be taking 2 this class

Anyone going meh needs to get glasses...the kid was playing receiver and looked like a D-1 level WR while doing it

Who cares, doesn't have **** to do with him playing QB. His mechanics are beyond horrible.

Pass

Advertisement
Back