2018 Prediction Win Total

Advertisement
Haha no they don't. Read the article. By the way, Bill Connelly does the best previews in the business every year. Perfect mix of analytics and common sense, he knows the rosters, and he's impartial. He has Miami at 9.3 wins. I'd be pretty disappointed with a 9-3 season.

I think the biggest thing from the article is that we are double digit favorites in 9 of the 12 games. Schedule is going to play out nicely for us.

Vegas consensus line for us is 9.5 wins (doesn't include a potential conference championship or bowl game). Pretty sure this was for even juice on both sides.

Some rogue outs in Vegas or offshore had us at 10 wins (over EVEN, Under -120) as of a month ago. Not sure what it is now, but I doubt anything really changed.

He made a great point, the run defense was terrible early on in the season while the pass defense was great. And then later on in the season the pass defense was really bad 70% completion percentage in the last 4 games while the run defense was very good. Need some consistency for sure and for Diaz not to play in those soft schemes that allows for easy completions

Advertisement
What I don’t agree with is where he said Walton was more efficient than homer. I love Walton to death but homer was much more effficent and showed up big in most of the games including our biggest competitors with tone setting runs.
Ga tech performance
Syracuse game sealing run
Va tech td run
Notre Dame performance
Solid game vs Wisconsin
To name a few

Advertisement
My concern is there are several sneaky tough games, BC on the road on a Friday, Syracuse up there in that weird-*** dome, GT on the road, VT on the road, FSU as usual, and then Pitt.

IMO every single game aside from San St. they have to come prepared.

Oh, win total heart say's 11, head says 10.

If you're worried about playing at GT or Virginia I don't know what to tell you.

We play at Boston College after a bye week, we will be ready for that game.

Sorry, but it's fans like you that make me chuckle, GT was a knocked down pass away from beating us last year and BC is a good veteran team. My guess is you're one of the one's that said we'd roll Pitt LY too.

We don't play Syracuse for another 6 years, check your schedule

BC we get 13 days to prepare for

There will be as many Miami fans at GT than GT fans

We play 4 ACC teams on the road every year. We aren't playing at FSU, we aren't playing at Clemson, we aren't playing at NC State. The schedule could be a lot harder.

Advertisement
Nobody's gotten to this properly yet? OK, I'll do it.

tenor.gif

Haha no they don't. Read the article. By the way, Bill Connelly does the best previews in the business every year. Perfect mix of analytics and common sense, he knows the rosters, and he's impartial. He has Miami at 9.3 wins. I'd be pretty disappointed with a 9-3 season.
Haha yes they so.

Sorry, but it's fans like you that make me chuckle, GT was a knocked down pass away from beating us last year and BC is a good veteran team. My guess is you're one of the one's that said we'd roll Pitt LY too.
GT has beaten us one time in like ten years. Calm down you nerd.

Advertisement
What I don’t agree with is where he said Walton was more efficient than homer. I love Walton to death but homer was much more effficent and showed up big in most of the games including our biggest competitors with tone setting runs.
Ga tech performance
Syracuse game sealing run
Va tech td run
Notre Dame performance
Solid game vs Wisconsin
To name a few

I paused on that too, but I think he's just taking it literally. Walton was averaging 7.6 a carry when he went down, Homer finished the year at 5.9. We all know it's not apples to apples, but to a national guy not involved in the team to our level, it's not a crazy thing to say. And Walton was pretty electrifying early in the year, albeit against garbage competition.

Advertisement
Back