2018 NFL Redraft Herndon

Advertisement
We're still giving the league way too much upward value. Part of it is perception (from not winning) and the other part is having players play in crap schemes that make them look worse than they are (are offensive players, really). When we start winning (by getting talented guys to look talented on offense and defense, consistently), the pendulum will likely swing again and our guys may even get a little overrated (to the NFL prospect process).

We're still giving the league way too much upward value. Part of it is perception (from not winning) and the other part is having players play in crap schemes that make them look worse than they are (are offensive players, really). When we start winning (by getting talented guys to look talented on offense and defense, consistently), the pendulum will likely swing again and our guys may even get a little overrated (to the NFL prospect process).
same thing happens to bama players. Thats people always say bama players are overrated in the NFL because they get so much positive and successful exposure in these big games that they are overdrafted.

Herndon is so good. He could’ve been the next great one here if he wasn’t here when Njoku was and had real coaches. Always seemed like the perfect coaches player and perfect teammate

Advertisement
...and the Dolphins decided to draft Mike Gesicki with the 42nd pick.
I don’t know why Miami doesn’t like to draft canes players. Lamar Miller was their most consistent back they have had in a long time. Oliver Vernon was a very solid starter for the dolphins too.

I have The same issue with the Bucs, they don’t draft Miami players for whatever reason

I'm starting to get really tired of it myself. I was watching the ESPN Live Mock Draft at a bar last night..and I saw Devin Bush was mocked at #10 overall to the Broncos! I saw his highlights and I saw someone who played just like Sean Spence! And SS was what..a 4th-5th rounder? I am not taking anything away from Devin Bush either because hes a very good player.

Ive always said if Gerald Willis had played for Bama or OSU he would have been a first round pick this year. At times he was the best DT in the country. No questions asked. No O&G glasses. He had a GREAT game against LSU but nobody knows it because we got stomped.

Heres to this being the last cycle of our guys being greatly undervalued in the draft.

Advertisement
same thing happens to bama players. Thats people always say bama players are overrated in the NFL because they get so much positive and successful exposure in these big games that they are overdrafted.

Look no further then Jerry Jeudy winning the Biletnakoff award for the best WR in the country. Now don't get me wrong he had a **** good year but the best WR in the country??? I don't know about all that. But he plays for Bama so..and I think Calvin Ridley won it too. I know Amari Cooper did.

I'm starting to get really tired of it myself. I was watching the ESPN Live Mock Draft at a bar last night..and I saw Devin Bush was mocked at #10 overall to the Broncos! I saw his highlights and I saw someone who played just like Sean Spence! And SS was what..a 4th-5th rounder? I am not taking anything away from Devin Bush either because hes a very good player.

Ive always said if Gerald Willis had played for Bama or OSU he would have been a first round pick this year. At times he was the best DT in the country. No questions asked. No O&G glasses. He had a GREAT game against LSU but nobody knows it because we got stomped.

Heres to this being the last cycle of our guys being greatly undervalued in the draft.

Spence has been one of my favorites in the past 10 years at UM. Unfortunately, Spence hasn't really panned out in the NFL and hasn't proven to be worth having drafted higher. Spence with a little more weight and speed sounds like a great NFL prospect, though (see Devin Bush)

Herndon posted a top 10 yards per target for a rookie TE in NFL History last year.

I know the league is becoming more offensive oriented, of course. But still, not bad for a guy with very little fanfare after the draft.
Your right, I didn't realize how good of a year he had until I watched the rookie highlight video. Some of the catches he made were very tough grabs as well.

Advertisement
I don’t know why Miami doesn’t like to draft canes players. Lamar Miller was their most consistent back they have had in a long time. Oliver Vernon was a very solid starter for the dolphins too.

I have The same issue with the Bucs, they don’t draft Miami players for whatever reason
Lamar Miller would have games with the Dolphins where he would rush for 70 yards in the first half (averaging like 6 ypc), and then they would ignore him in the 2nd half and they'd end up losing. It was frustrating as **** to watch. It was like he had some statistical bonuses structured in his contract and they were determined to not let him meet those numbers

We got to get our perception back in the eyes of the nfl guys. Regardless we have still been putting quite a few pros in the league

Even recently.

Tells you about the lack of coaching to squander that much talent. That’s Been Miami’s problem for much of the 2003 era on

Lamar Miller would have games with the Dolphins where he would rush for 70 yards in the first half (averaging like 6 ypc), and then they would ignore him in the 2nd half and they'd end up losing. It was frustrating as **** to watch. It was like he had some statistical bonuses structured in his contract and they were determined to not let him meet those numbers

In fairness, and I hate the Dolphins, but I don't know if anyone really knew how good LM was until he left them. He is quietly having a very good career for the Texans.

I'm sure if they knew then what they know now they would have coughed up the dough. Its not like he signed a mega deal with the Texans or anything. The Dolphins could have payed that. But of course, they are the Dolphins so doing dumb **** is just what they do.

Advertisement
In fairness, and I hate the Dolphins, but I don't know if anyone really knew how good LM was until he left them. He is quietly having a very good career for the Texans.

I'm sure if they knew then what they know now they would have coughed up the dough. Its not like he signed a mega deal with the Texans or anything. The Dolphins could have payed that. But of course, they are the Dolphins so doing dumb **** is just what they do.
Dude averaged 4.6 ypc in his 4 years there and never had more than 216 carries in a season. Why? "they are the Dolphins so doing dumb **** is just what they do"

A lot of GMs would have looked a lot smarter if they internally used "He's a Cane" as a main evaluation intangible. Canes almost always ball in the league. It's that simple. Besides Ereck Flowers, I dont know of a guy off the top of my head where the team that took him didn't get more production out of him than what they expected.

Advertisement
Back