2018 MLB Draft Thread

If we’re being honest this program outside of one recruiting class has been in decline since 08. We rode the 14 class to some great seasons but everything else has been average at best compared to what this program should be. When you’ve been to Omaha the second most times ever, being a 3 seed in the Gainesville regional and going home isn’t successful.

Advertisement
Yes, he lost two home regionals in 16 attempts. Probably the best record in the history of the sport. Let's hang him by his balls for being a loser.

More accurately, he lost two of the last four home regionals. That's what we call a "decline".

Yes, he went 0-2 in one single regional in his entire career at Miami. Once again, probably the best record in the history of the sport. Let's hang him by his balls, again.

More accurately, the 0-2 home regional was part of Morris' final decade that saw a decline from the previous decade. You're trying to save the guy by saying he only did something once. The entire last decade was a sht show.

Don't go weak-kneed now. You said we weren't even regular season beasts in those years. You said the team was mediocre. See, you have no credibility about anything because you were a crazed whiner who never admitted he was wrong.

We WERE mediocre. We proved that when we left the soft cushion of the ACC.

We've never been a 3-seed in Gainesville and gone home.

Semantics, as usual, in order to deflect from the bigger issue.

We're 0-8 against Florida in the post-season in the last decade. But there hasn't been any decline. Same program as always.

"There was no decline in the program....."

1999-2008 (10 years)
National titles: 2
CWS Appearances: 6
Wins in Omaha: 12
Super Regional Appearances: 9
Super Regional Wins: 14
Missed Tournament: 0

2009-2018 (10 years)
National titles: 0
CWS Appearances: 2
Wins in Omaha: 1
Super Regional Appearances: 3
Super Regional Wins: 4
Missed Tournament: 2

Can't see any difference at all.

Advertisement
More accurately, he lost two of the last four home regionals. That's what we call a "decline".

Nobody ever denied that the program had, indeed, declined.

The decline, though, was from the perhaps the greatest first 15 years of a tenure.

Context has never been your strong suit.

Nobody ever denied that the program had, indeed, declined.

The decline, though, was from the perhaps the greatest first 15 years of a tenure.

Context has never been your strong suit.

So I was right the whole time. The program declined.

Declining from that epic run from 1994-2008 is understandable if you become a program that makes Omaha maybe four out of ten years. Morris and DiMare went from one extreme to the other, and that was inexcusable.

More accurately, the 0-2 home regional was part of Morris' final decade that saw a decline from the previous decade. You're trying to save the guy by saying he only did something once. The entire last decade was a sht show.

Once again, I'm stating facts and you're whining about them.

A 2-seed at a Regional being a "**** show" proves that the bar had been set ridiculously high. A lot of that had to do with Morris and the staff that you despise.

Once again, I'm stating facts and you're whining about them.

A 2-seed at a Regional being a "**** show" proves that the bar had been set ridiculously high. A lot of that had to do with Morris and the staff that you despise.

There you go again, trying to pin it down to one bad year. We were a 2-seed three times, and a no-seed two times. Then, in two of the five years in which we were a 1-seed, we lost the regional at home. That's seven years of sht-show baseball.

Advertisement
We WERE mediocre. We proved that when we left the soft cushion of the ACC.

You have such an ego that you can't admit that you were wrong on this despite every piece of evidence.

Yeah, the #2 RPI and #2 ELO conference in 2015, and the #1 RPI and #1 ELO conference in 2016 was soft. The ACC has had 12 of it's 14 members reach a Super Regional, as well.

You really need to get with reality and stop with this ACC being soft lie.

You have such an ego that you can't admit that you were wrong on this despite every piece of evidence.

Yeah, the #2 RPI and #2 ELO conference in 2015, and the #1 RPI and #1 ELO conference in 2016 was soft. The ACC has had 12 of it's 14 members reach a Super Regional, as well.

You really need to get with reality and stop with this ACC being soft lie.

The ACC has been very soft, you just refuse to accept it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No, you weren't because I can directly quote you being wrong and being factually incorrect many, many times.

You, on the other hand, have to lie about what I said to even make a shadow of a point.

I'm just glad you finally agree that Morris fcked up his own legacy by mailing it in for the last ten years.

There you go again, trying to pin it down to one bad year.

No, I'm not.

I'm accurately stating what the low point was when you were whining about the state of the program. The worst we did (despite somebody thinking we were a 3-seed) was a 2-seed.

You said the program was a "**** show" when we were winning at worst 36 games and were at worst a 2-seed.

You're problem seems to be that I remember exactly what you said and you have to lie about what I said.

The ACC has been very soft, you just refuse to accept it.

No, it hasn't.

That's just a convenient dodge for you to make since you were so wrong about the 2015-16 teams and don't want to admit it. Instead of manning up, you just bash the #1 rated conference retroactively.

How pathetic.

Advertisement
Back