2018 Miami verbal is “90%” solid to the ‘Canes

View as article

David Perez

Recruit
Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 8.19.57 PM.jpg

After his recent transfer from Miami Killian High School to Miami Southridge High School, 2018 lineman Delone “D.J.” Scaife is ready for next season.

“I expect to go back to states again, that is every team’s goal.”

Scaife is ranked as the 11th best offensive guard in the nation on ESPN.com, and is “90%” committed to the Hurricanes.

Scaife views himself as an “aggressive lineman”, and has developed a great relationship with Miami Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels since they met at a camp.

“One of my former teammates called me to go to the camp because they were looking at me,” Scaife said. “I went to a junior day, and then I went to another junior day the next week, and he offered me -- we have just had a connection ever since.”

Scaife is also hearing from Florida, Florida State, and Georgia, but is currently all Miami as he repped ‘Canes gear at the Florida Fire 7 on 7 tryouts. His size and intangibles hint at potential early playing time; but although he wants to play early, Scaife says the most important thing to him is developing as a player on the college level.

“It is very important but that’s not really my mindset,” Scaife said. “I just want to go there and get developed, I just don’t want to say ‘Oh i can start for this school’ because it’s not gonna be that way all the time, it’s college.”

“Playing early is good, but it is not my mindset.”

Scaife believes Miami will have a good year in their second season under Mark Richt, and sees the offensive line improving as well.

Scaife will enter Miami Southridge High School and take over for a line that created space for Bentavious Thompson in 2016, and will look to continue raising his stock during his senior season.

Advertisement
Wasn't this the kid that said he was like 60-70% committed half a year ago? I guess this is good news?

Screams that he's waiting for bags though.

Advertisement
Anyone dumb enough to believe any kid from SFL would be 100% over a year from signing day should delete their account. Recruiting is not for you.

Anyone dumb enough to believe any kid from SFL would be 100% over a year from signing day should delete their account. Recruiting is not for you.

Thank you, Captain Obvious. Which is why I don't understand why they commit so early. It's becoming a curse. Hope he sticks but I'm not holding my breath.

You buried your own thread with that "90%" David...

Should've just left that out... Now the piranhas will not stop feasting.

Advertisement
You buried your own thread with that "90%" David...

Should've just left that out... Now the piranhas will not stop feasting.

Don't blame the interviewer. He's just doing his job and quoting the guy.
I wasn't taking shots at him, calm down lol

I was obviously alluding to the fact people will overlook everything else written & only focus on the 90%.

he's obviously using UM to pull better offers, hope he sticks but gonna be interesting once the big dogs come calling

Advertisement
I dont understand why kids always do this. There are no percentages in a commitment, your either commited or you arent.

Advertisement
I don't understand why so many fans wet their panties over a HS junior saying he's 90% committed rather than 100%.

Maybe he's just being honest.

HES A BEAST. Aggresie is right...and he has that nice frame you want..He might be a center prospect for us.

Billy Rolle gonna get him here.

Thank you, Captain Obvious. Which is why I don't understand why they commit so early. It's becoming a curse. Hope he sticks but I'm not holding my breath.

To directly quote you from the offical visitors thread when you were grillin me "Maybe he had a change of heart? Is that not possible? He isn't the first nor will he be the last to change his mind. Have you ever changed your mind about anything? " - [MENTION=908]Hurracanes[/MENTION][/MENTION]. You silly goober, you seem to understand just fine.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back