2018 JUCO DT Jared Goldwire receives offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
[TWEET]850436498038108160[/TWEET]

[HUDL]video/3/1508554/58012e23bd75200dbce83872[/HUDL]

Jared Goldwire, Fort Scott C.C., Defensive Tackle

6'7 280lbs DT originally from Seattle Washington, went to 3A school O'Dea High & also went to Kentwood, but is currently at Fort Scott CC in Kansas.

Was a dual sport athlete in High School, played both Basketball & Football, was also a TE as well.

Signed with UTEP last year in January before going to JUCO.

Had 46tcks & 2.5sacks in JUCO, holds offers from Bama, AZ St, KState & Ole Miss.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Starting to think this Assistant HC/DL coach just may know what he's doing. I'm loving the caliber of DT's and DE's he's offering. If he's successful in signing a few of the top DT's on their board, we're gonna be one bad *** defense moving forward.

I can not think of a single coach, at any time, that I have trusted more than Coach Kool when it comes to evaluating talent.

[video=youtube_share;joIPt7IpBo0]https://youtu.be/joIPt7IpBo0[/video]

Some High School tape of him.

Advertisement
Richt can tell him, "Son, I'll make you a deal. You stay clean here for two years and I promise you, you will make enough money to buy all the wacky weed you can smoke."

[video=youtube_share;ZR50iBKBp5M]https://youtu.be/ZR50iBKBp5M [/video]

He's also pro weed lol

Personally, Idgaf, but for his sake if he does sign with us, I hope he don't let Richt catch'em lol

Well, it's legal in his state and partially legal in Florida.

Advertisement
Extremely important we land a Juco DT this cycle. If the worst case (best on-field case that is) scenario of our draft eligible Dt's going nuts occurs we will be counting on true freshmens next year. Really thought we should have taken one more in the 17 class.

Very excited about this could be huge for depth and the 2018 season when we might lose some serious DT. Not sure if bethel is gonna be the answer at the other DT position hopefully he works out. Would like to add some more DT's in this cycle

I remember Dennis Erickson being interviewed , post Miami tenure, about the pot smoking scandal including Warren Sapp and players getting stoned before the Fiesta Bowl. He said something to the effect of, I wish all of our opponents smoke pot before the game. We would win a lot more games (Dennis Erickson). Curious how CMR would react to some marijuana questions.

Advertisement
[video=youtube_share;ZR50iBKBp5M]https://youtu.be/ZR50iBKBp5M [/video]

He's also pro weed lol

Personally, Idgaf, but for his sake if he does sign with us, I hope he don't let Richt catch'em lol

It's 2017, anyone who isn't pro weed is a moron. Inevitably, it will be legal soon.

Advertisement
We need to keep a few JUCO DT's on the back burner in the event two of Willis, McIntosh and Norton decide to leave early. There is virtually zero DT depth behind those guys.

If two of them stay, we can afford to move forward with 3 HS DT prospects in lieu of a JUCO guy.

This is the depth chart at DT in 2018...

Kendrick Norton (SR)
RJ McIntosh (SR)
Gerald Willis (SR)
Pat Bethel (JR)
Tyreic Martin (SO)
Jon Ford (SO)

Nesta Silvera (FR)

Bethel is undersized and Martin was a last minute take.

Need to add at least two more.

Need juco dt.

Shouldn't, however. Underrecruited dt last 2 yrs.

There was a thread yesterday on this started by [MENTION=14457]Liberty City El[/MENTION]. Didn't realize he'd have 3 years of eligibility. Thanks for that.

Advertisement
Back