2018 JUCO DT Jared Goldwire receives offer

Don’t agree with taking a juco kid here at least this early
Not needed when you will get silvera and Briggs and are in top 5s of Tyler Friday and Trevor trout.-
Already have
Willis
Bethel
Ford
Silvera
Briggs
Martin/fines
Not including guys sliding in to play dts sometimes who play de

Would rather see if we can land one of Friday or trout to go along with silvera and Briggs before accepting a commitment from a juco kid

If it were up to you we'd roll the dice on every position and just play with 65 fresmen and sophmores with histories of injury. Just stop.

You are one that complained that the season would be dead due to running back depth and look how that played out

meanwhile we have a true freshman backup WR playing RB... dumbass

Advertisement
Don’t agree with taking a juco kid here.
Not needed when you will get silvera and Briggs and are in top 5s of Tyler Friday and Trevor trout.-
Already have
Willis
Bethel
Ford
Silvera
Briggs
Martin/fines

No way. We will need guys ready to go. Hard to count on freshmen and Martin and Fines are JAGs. We need to keep a dominant DLine. Build inside out, front to back on D.

No other way to intelligently look at it.

No other serious head coach would EVER be ok with our roster situation/depth at DT, unless by some sheer miracle Richt and Kool can convince McIntosh and Norton to come back for one more year. In addition, let's not pretend that we can 110% count on Willis being a starting DT next year. Nothing against the young man, and rooting like **** for him for be a superstar next year and make it big in the League....but we should hold back on recruiting some experience JUCO depth because of it?...no ****** way.

Let's also stop pretending that we can't improve in the middle up front against the run...we certainly can and we shouldn't ever stop trying to land big boys in the middle to clog things up....

UM

Last edited:
Don’t agree with taking a juco kid here.
Already have
Willis
Bethel
Ford
Silvera
Briggs
Martin/fines

No way. We will need guys ready to go. Hard to count on freshmen and Martin and Fines are JAGs. We need to keep a dominant DLine. Build inside out, front to back on D.

After mike Jackson and langham, you really look like a grade a moron by discounting redshirt freshmen as jags. In a couple years, when Martin and fines are going to the league, I'm gonna lol at this post.

Already have
Willis
Bethel
Ford
Silvera
Briggs
Martin/fines

Would rather see if we can land one of Friday or trout to go along with silvera and Briggs before accepting a commitment from a juco kid

My god.

Already have
Willis
Bethel
Ford
Silvera
Briggs
Martin/fines

If it were up to you we'd roll the dice on every position and just play with 65 fresmen and sophmores with histories of injury. Just stop.

You are one that complained that the season would be dead due to running back depth and look how that played out

You are a ******* idiot, what is deejay dallas more natural position? A rb or receiver? His ability and what he does best along with his size 5’10 205 all points towards being a rb. Remember you all wrote the season off while I was preaching to move deejay to rb months ago and that Travis Homer was legit.... even with our bad rb depth we are 8-0

Last edited:
Advertisement
Already have
Willis
Bethel
Ford
Silvera
Briggs
Martin/fines

You are a ******* idiot, what is deejay dallas more natural position? A rb or receiver? His ability and what he does best along with his size 5’10 205 all points towards being a rb. Remember you all wrote the season off while I was preaching to move deejay to rb months ago and that Travis Homer was legit.... even with our bad rb depth we are 8-0

You can get away with playing true freshman at RB and having them be effective. You can't get away with playing true freshman at DT. Here's where our worst case scenario at DT next year stands (if McIntosh and Norton both leave early):

Bethel - Likely starter. Is currently 2nd string, but I think he'll be fine.
Willis - Talented kid. But he's never put it together consistently and the fact he had to take a year off is concerning to most.
Ford - Playing snaps sparingly this year, but pretty talented.
Silvera - Another talented kid that will see snaps and likely be in the 2-deep next year.

***THIS IS WHERE THE QUESTION MARKS COME IN***

Martin - He's in his 2nd year and has yet to get any playing time. It's a bit too early to write him off. But the fact that Ford came in mid-August and is already getting snaps over this kid is not encouraging.
Fines - He's not a DT that is Miami-caliber. He'll stay on the roster because we're short on depth right now.

So far it's out of us and FSU to sign Dennis Briggs. I personally like him as a recruit, but according to 247 he's only 252 pounds right now and he needs a solid year of S&C before being expected to contribute. DJ Johnson could swing inside on passing downs given how his body appears to be developing. But this is why some here want a JUCO DT. A JUCO DT would be able to be plugged in immediately and provide depth. My ideal class for the '18 class would include Nesta and Briggs, along with a quality JUCO DT.

Not saying all JUCOs are the same. But some posters have this weird approach about taking JUCO guys. Historically we've had some great players who were JUCOs (notably McKinny and Shockey).

Already have
Willis
Bethel
Ford
Silvera
Briggs
Martin/fines

Also, I don't remember anyone saying that our season was over once Walton went down. But many of us (me included) voiced concerns about the lack of RB depth because at the time it was unproven after Walton and most sensible posters only had confidence in Homer and the small sample size we saw from him. Luckily the '18 class with Lingard and Davis will put rest to those concerns.

Already have
Willis
Bethel
Ford
Silvera
Briggs
Martin/fines

Richt was so concerned with our RB depth that he didnt even want Walton taking contact in practice, you ******* tard that's never even attended a game.

You can get away with playing true freshman at RB and having them be effective. You can't get away with playing true freshman at DT. Here's where our worst case scenario at DT next year stands (if McIntosh and Norton both leave early):

Willis - Talented kid. But he's never put it together consistently and the fact he had to take a year off is concerning to most.
Silvera - Another talented kid that will see snaps and likely be in the 2-deep next year.

Martin - He's in his 2nd year and has yet to get any playing time. It's a bit too early to write him off. But the fact that Ford came in mid-August and is already getting snaps over this kid is not encouraging.
Fines - He's not a DT that is Miami-caliber. He'll stay on the roster because we're short on depth right now.

So far it's out of us and FSU to sign Dennis Briggs. I personally like him as a recruit, but according to 247 he's only 252 pounds right now and he needs a solid year of S&C before being expected to contribute. DJ Johnson could swing inside on passing downs given how his body appears to be developing. But this is why some here want a JUCO DT. A JUCO DT would be able to be plugged in immediately and provide depth. My ideal class for the '18 class would include Nesta and Briggs, along with a quality JUCO DT.

Not saying all JUCOs are the same. But some posters have this weird approach about taking JUCO guys. Historically we've had some great players who were JUCOs (notably McKinny and Shockey).
All I got to say Is most jucos guys are in juco for a reason and a lot of it is because they weren’t good to begin with coming out of highschool. some grade situations but call me skeptical about juco recruits. Juco recruits haven’t been particularly good for us lately either tbh. I think we will fine with who we have and add another dt other than Briggs to go along with silvera. I don’t see a juco kid taking reps from talented guys like bethel and ford who have played well this year and will have been in this system for 2-3 years. As well as Willis who is destroying practices. Dt is a hard position to play as a true freshman but an elite dt like silvera can handle the nuances of the position especially being coached by kool. It’s not like I’m saying he will Man the position and start day one but he will be able to rotate in as a 4th dt right away. In addition to that guys like DJ Johnson and Demetrius Jackson have the ability to move inside on some downs and play dt too as we have seen this year with Jackson in particular

Advertisement

Richt was so concerned with our RB depth that he didnt even want Walton taking contact in practice, you ****ing tard that's never even attended a game.

I have attend plenty of canes games wtf are you talking about? We are doing just fine without walton which makes the coaching job and the way players have stepped up even more remarkable. You are stuck on stupid,we are 8-0 (6-0 acc play) with terrible rb depth ... now stfu

Last edited:

All I got to say Is most jucos guys are in juco for a reason and a lot of it is because they weren’t good to begin with coming out of highschool. some grade situations but call me skeptical about juco recruits. Juco recruits haven’t been particularly good for us lately either tbh. I think we will fine with who we have and add another dt other than Briggs to go along with silvera. I don’t see a juco kid taking reps from talented guys like bethel and ford who have played well this year and will have been in this system for 2-3 years. As well as Willis who is destroying practices. Dt is a hard position to play as a true freshman but an elite dt like silvera can handle the nuances of the position especially being coached by kool. It’s not like I’m saying he will Man the position and start day one but he will be able to rotate in as a 4th dt right away. In addition to that guys like DJ Johnson and Demetrius Jackson have the ability to move inside on some downs and play dt too as we have seen this year with Jackson in particular

Johnson and Jackson (more the latter) should be moved inside sparingly. Not all guys that go JUCO sucks. You do realize that Dean was a JUCO guy? You need depth. We've been exceptionally lucky *knock on wood* with injuries on the d-line this year. In the trenches is where injuries tend to occur the most. Willis has always destroyed guys, but has it ever translated to him playing consistent?

Golden's staff didn't have any luck with JUCOs. Not fair to Richt and staff to include them into that equation. A JUCO DT is almost a necessity at this point.

Johnson and Jackson (more the latter) should be moved inside sparingly. Not all guys that go JUCO sucks. You do realize that Dean was a JUCO guy? You need depth. We've been exceptionally lucky *knock on wood* with injuries on the d-line this year. In the trenches is where injuries tend to occur the most. Willis has always destroyed guys, but has it ever translated to him playing consistent?

Golden's staff didn't have any luck with JUCOs. Not fair to Richt and staff to include them into that equation. A JUCO DT is almost a necessity at this point.

You can make a case that when Willis was healthy last year he was our most productive dt actually

Anyone that doesn't see that we have depth issues at RB is so stupid that they are way beyond reason.

Advertisement

Until I see Willis in a game next year, I will consider him a huge question mark (and in my worse-case scenario, he's gone along with Norton and McIntosh). Any upperclassman who takes a leave of absence from the program in the summer should not be faithfully relied upon for next season.

But yeah, all the more reason for JUCO depth (or a grad transfer).

Go after a few top juco dts. If you can sign one, bring him in. Otherwise, roll with what we have. Don’t need another jag at dt just for depth. And jucos don’t get into UM easily b/c of courses they take at juco that don’t transfer to UM like they do at other schools.

Go after a few top juco dts. If you can sign one, bring him in. Otherwise, roll with what we have. Don’t need another jag at dt just for depth. And jucos don’t get into UM easily b/c of courses they take at juco that don’t transfer to UM like they do at other schools.

That appears to be the plan as Alabama, OU and others have offered this Louisville commit and Trout.

I just don't see where Richt has much of a choice here...I'm just hoping he knows something else beyond what is expected from Norton and/or McIntosh.

UM

Advertisement
If it was grolden and dorito I'd really be concerned, but I feel assured that this staff knows better what we have, need and will bring in Cane quality DL to keep us ascending.

Until I see Willis in a game next year, I will consider him a huge question mark (and in my worse-case scenario, he's gone along with Norton and McIntosh). Any upperclassman who takes a leave of absence from the program in the summer should not be faithfully relied upon for next season.

But yeah, all the more reason for JUCO depth (or a grad transfer).

I agree with you. Love Willis as a player. He has the attitude and talent that you want out of a DT. But......he was kicked off of UF's team and has had multiple suspensions while at Miami. To top it off, I've never heard of a player taking a year absence (taking the season off) then coming back next year. It's certainly possible that Willis attempts to go pro - which would be a colossal mistake given he really has nothing to show for it in terms of consistent film like Norton and McIntosh.

We need a JUCO or a grad transfer.

Advertisement
Back