2018 DT Robert Cooper receives offer

Advertisement
I will refrain from crying about Nesta because I trust Coach Kul Da Gawwww.

We're going to land 2-3 DT's this class & regardless of who it is, they'll all be **** good.

We've offered a bunch OOS prospects at the position and we're going to get at least one of them, plus there's still a lot of local kids who we can get later in the process.

When it comes to lineman (both Offense & Defense) recruiting nationally is actually a good thing.

With all that said, I don't think we'll get this kid specifically, just offering because he's a good player from Georgia & Richt really likes his Georgia kids lol.

FSU took 3 DTs last cycle including big Marv. If Cooper looks at the depth chart he may change his mind.

Advertisement
Advertisement
FSU took 3 DTs last cycle including big Marv. If Cooper looks at the depth chart he may change his mind.
My honest opinion, he's a very talented player & would be good no matter what scheme you put him in, but I feel he's a much better fit as a NT 0-tech in the 3-4.

I personally am not a real big fan of the short 6'0 330+lbs fat sloppy meatball type DT's, but I understand the need the serve & recognize there's plenty of really good football players in the NFL that fit that exact description.

This kid is **** good, one of the best DT's in Georgia, has very violent hands & has great burst off the snap.

Don't think we get him though, but there's plenty of others that we are getting so it's not like it's a big deal if we can't flip him.

Moar DTs got Francois shook

05ce0fb954452afbb90bcc4948c56c73.jpg

Doesn't seem to be the body type I was under the impression we are going after, are there going to be up the middle run stop specialty packages that would feature this kind of behemoth?

wilfork.jpg

My honest opinion, he's a very talented player & would be good no matter what scheme you put him in, but I feel he's a much better fit as a NT 0-tech in the 3-4.

I personally am not a real big fan of the short 6'0 330+lbs fat sloppy meatball type DT's, but I understand the need the serve & recognize there's plenty of really good football players in the NFL that fit that exact description.

This kid is **** good, one of the best DT's in Georgia, has very violent hands & has great burst off the snap.

Don't think we get him though, but there's plenty of others that we are getting so it's not like it's a big deal if we can't flip him.

Advertisement
View attachment 42682

Vince was 6'2 & was a lot more strong than he was just fat... Not to mention, he's a HOF'er.

You must have also missed the part where I said I recognize that there's a lot of really good players that fit the "Meatball" description in the NFL.

hes a 1 tech or a nose.

Seems to be solid...but nothing on that tape makes him look better than Nesta Silvera who is like 35 pds smaller and a little quicker off the ball. Granted Nesta is barely touching 6'0-6'1 as well. But i'd see how Nesta does at Paradise an offer over this kid. Nesta already has an fsu offer

Advertisement
hes a 1 tech or a nose.

Seems to be solid...but nothing on that tape makes him look better than Nesta Silvera who is like 35 pds smaller and a little quicker off the ball. Granted Nesta is barely touching 6'0-6'1 as well. But i'd see how Nesta does at Paradise an offer over this kid. Nesta already has an fsu offer

ya i don't think he can slide any further than a 1 technique. from a pure mass standpoint he looks like an ideal 0 tech / nose.

also agree on Nesta, he just moves lineman around at will.

Junior Season #D2D - Nesta Silvera highlights - Hudl

Last edited:
We're going to land 2-3 DT's this class & regardless of who it is, they'll all be **** good.

We've offered a bunch OOS prospects at the position and we're going to get at least one of them, plus there's still a lot of local kids who we can get later in the process.

When it comes to lineman (both Offense & Defense) recruiting nationally is actually a good thing.

With all that said, I don't think we'll get this kid specifically, just offering because he's a good player from Georgia & Richt really likes his Georgia kids lol.

A lot will depend, of course, but if we lose Norton/Willis/McIntosh after next year (along with moten) - which is very conceivable - we'll need to land 3-4 top notch guys (can't afford a project) and maybe a juco.

Advertisement
Back