2018 DT Robert Cooper receives offer

FSU took 3 DTs last cycle including big Marv. If Cooper looks at the depth chart he may change his mind.
My honest opinion, he's a very talented player & would be good no matter what scheme you put him in, but I feel he's a much better fit as a NT 0-tech in the 3-4.

I personally am not a real big fan of the short 6'0 330+lbs fat sloppy meatball type DT's, but I understand the need the serve & recognize there's plenty of really good football players in the NFL that fit that exact description.

This kid is **** good, one of the best DT's in Georgia, has very violent hands & has great burst off the snap.

Don't think we get him though, but there's plenty of others that we are getting so it's not like it's a big deal if we can't flip him.

Being a Chicago Bears fan I slightly disagree w you. B Lach and Briggs best years were when they had two big hogs in front of them...two guys at 335 taking on blocks and letting them roam free.

Advertisement
FSU took 3 DTs last cycle including big Marv. If Cooper looks at the depth chart he may change his mind.
My honest opinion, he's a very talented player & would be good no matter what scheme you put him in, but I feel he's a much better fit as a NT 0-tech in the 3-4.

I personally am not a real big fan of the short 6'0 330+lbs fat sloppy meatball type DT's, but I understand the need the serve & recognize there's plenty of really good football players in the NFL that fit that exact description.

This kid is **** good, one of the best DT's in Georgia, has very violent hands & has great burst off the snap.

Don't think we get him though, but there's plenty of others that we are getting so it's not like it's a big deal if we can't flip him.

Being a Chicago Bears fan I slightly disagree w you. B Lach and Briggs best years were when they had two big hogs in front of them...two guys at 335 taking on blocks and letting them roam free.
Wasn't Tommie Harris like 6'3 295lbs?

I'm not against those big Run stopping NT guys, I'm just saying I prefer the taller learner DT's that are also great pass rushers too.

Wasn't Tommie Harris like 6'3 295lbs?

I'm not against those big Run stopping NT guys, I'm just saying I prefer the taller learner DT's that are also great pass rushers too.

Not w T Harris, although that worked out real well too...I'm talking about his rookie of the year and all pro runs w Traylor and Washington manning the middle. They got pressure too by pushing the pocket into the QB dang near every snap. But you bringing up Harris is a great point. B4 the ACL/MCL injury derailed his career, he was the most dominant interior lineman b/c of his strength and quickness and that was being under 300lbs. I agree w u

We need a few guys like this for goal-line situations and run support. I.e. C. Jenkins and Norton... Even tho the are a bit taller they are bigger and not streamlined DT's.

hes a 1 tech or a nose.

Seems to be solid...but nothing on that tape makes him look better than Nesta Silvera who is like 35 pds smaller and a little quicker off the ball. Granted Nesta is barely touching 6'0-6'1 as well. But i'd see how Nesta does at Paradise an offer over this kid. Nesta already has an fsu offer

ya i don't think he can slide any further than a 1 technique. from a pure mass standpoint he looks like an ideal 0 tech / nose.

also agree on Nesta, he just moves lineman around at will.

Junior Season #D2D - Nesta Silvera highlights - Hudl

Is MIAMI recruiting the othe DT? Number 18??

Advertisement
hes a 1 tech or a nose.

Seems to be solid...but nothing on that tape makes him look better than Nesta Silvera who is like 35 pds smaller and a little quicker off the ball. Granted Nesta is barely touching 6'0-6'1 as well. But i'd see how Nesta does at Paradise an offer over this kid. Nesta already has an fsu offer

ya i don't think he can slide any further than a 1 technique. from a pure mass standpoint he looks like an ideal 0 tech / nose.

also agree on Nesta, he just moves lineman around at will.

Junior Season #D2D - Nesta Silvera highlights - Hudl

He looks pretty light on his feet and pretty quick for a guy his size

Advertisement
Back