2018 DT Aaron Morgan

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
[HUDL]video/3/7868073/5840d0aec124d8101c002cc6[/HUDL]

2018 DT Aaron Morgan from Hallandale, big 6'4 240lbs & still growing, this kid is completely under the radar & has no major offers as of yet.
But, I see him as a potential sleeper that could blow up locally, to me he's a project but I would still take him in the class & just allow him to continue to develop and maturate. (Kind of like the DT version of Hillery)

Has good athletic ability, is a great pursuer of the ball, good motor & good tackler... Very good pass rusher, absolutely gets to the QB with nice tracking speed.

What I like the most is he's already playing inside, he won't have to be a converted SDE that kicks inside, he's already playing 3Tech with A& B gap assignments in High School.

Obviously, there will be dozens of higher rated DT's we're after for 2018, so this kid might not be a take until late, just a prospect to keep tabs on through his Senior season.

Last edited:
Advertisement

2018 DT Aaron Morgan from Hallandale, big 6'4 240lbs & still growing, this kid is completely under the radar & has no major offers as of yet.
But, I see him as a potential sleeper that could blow up locally, to me he's a project but I would still take him in the class & just allow him to continue to develop and maturate. (Kind of like the DT version of Hillery)

Has good athletic ability, is a great pursuer of the ball, good motor & good tackler... Very good pass rusher, absolutely gets to the QB with nice tracking speed.

What I like the most is he's already playing inside, he won't have to be a converted SDE that kicks inside, he's already playing 3Tech with A& B gap assignments in High School.

Obviously, there will be dozens of higher rated DT's we're after for 2018, so this kid might not be a take until late, just a prospect to keep tabs on through his Senior season.

Too small. Ask Cribby. Apparently kids stop growing once they hit FR year in college. According to him, Pat Bethel can't gain 20lbs in 18 months. Tells me that this kid won't be able to gain 40lbs in 18 months.

At the Nike held last March 2016 he had the following measurables as a sophomore. Was listed as a LB then.

Aaron Morgan.. 18.. LB.. FL.. Hallandale ...6-3(ht)... 234(wt)... 4.89(40)... 5.06(SS)... 39.0(PB)... 26.8(vertical)... 73.05(SPARQ)

Too small. Ask Cribby. Apparently kids stop growing once they hit FR year in college. According to him, Pat Bethel can't gain 20lbs in 18 months. Tells me that this kid won't be able to gain 40lbs in 18 months.

Weight gain and height gain two totally different components. One the kid has no control over the other through S&C you do have control over. Gaining weight (muscle) is done all the time. Look at people like RJ McIntosh from 245 to 290, Demetrius Jackson from 225-230 to 265, Tyreic Martin from 265 to now 280-285, Trent Harris from 225 to 250, Zach McCloud from 218 to 230, Tre Johnson 275 to 300, Mark Walton 188 to 205, et, etc.

I have been a member of the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) for almost 35 years. Some things are just pure logic and do not need research studies on the net to prove. Most people do stop growing vertically at about 18/19 or so. But others do not. This is seen in basketball players quite a bit. Weight especially in muscle weight needed by athletes is a direct result of proper diet and training. Heck, even in pro football guys add bulk after leaving college all the time. Path Bethel maybe trying to stay a DE. Who says he wants or is being required to become a DT? If Martin gained 20 lbs them why not Bethel if it were needed? Second, we do not know his current weight and Felder and the current S&C company do not release Spring and Summer S&C reports like Swasey did.

Advertisement
A couple spin moves and good motor. He caught that QB from behind. I wonder if he still runs 4.89

For god sakes , yes somebody can gain weight and move positions. Actually anybody can , but can you actually play that position ? Will you lose the natural speed you had? Do you have the power ? Is your frame able to carry the weight or is it just bad weight ( chickillo) , does the kid want to play it? Is his heart in it?

The point is Teddywaistline sees any wr over 6'3 210 he automatically starts talking te, why ? He's that guy.

Maybe the kid is actually a wr, I mean could it be that? Is that possible? There's so much more that goes into te than just catching the ball.

Teddywaistline is Al Golden on roids.

Majority these crazies here want to move Bethel inside because the DT position numbers aren't up to their standards. They're obsessing. So let's just fatten up a couple de's and bam!!! We have two more DT, problem solved.

Bethel has shown nothing to say he can play DT and play it well. He literally played a few snaps at DT against VT because there was nobody left , the injuries were epic.

The point is it's just more than adding weight to play a position and do it well. If it didn't matter you'd see it a lot more than you actually see doing it. If you're will willing to throw sll this weight on in a year , you better be sure the kid can do it or you're ruining his career. He won't be fully ready until his junior year . Between strength, weight and reps at the position. Unless you want to just redshirt him. Which still don't solve the DT depth issue.

Just bring in a transfer or two and love as up next year. Let the kid play his natural position. That's just my two cents.

Last edited:
Btw, I know many guys that's done the " add weight and move positions " deal to get more pt.The depth chart was more friendly at that position.

Well, the failures seriously out weigh the successes. Because like I said " moving to a new position is far more than putting on the weight needed to play it. There's plenty of exceptions but you better have a good idea a kid has the skill set or you're killing his career. This isn't madden.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I like nesta silvera ALOT, looks like a bigger and more talented player than Kier Thomas who went to South Carolina who we should have offered

For god sakes , yes somebody can gain weight and move positions. Actually anybody can , but can you actually play that position ? Will you lose the natural speed you had? Do you have the power ? Is your frame able to carry the weight or is it just bad weight ( chickillo) , does the kid want to play it? Is his heart in it?

The point is Teddywaistline sees any wr over 6'3 210 he automatically starts talking te, why ? He's that guy.

Maybe the kid is actually a wr, I mean could it be that? Is that possible? There's so much more that goes into te than just catching the ball.

Teddywaistline is Al Golden on roids.

Majority these crazies here want to move Bethel inside because the DT position numbers aren't up to their standards. They're obsessing. So let's just fatten up a couple de's and bam!!! We have two more DT, problem solved.

Bethel has shown nothing to say he can play DT and play it well. He literally played a few snaps at DT against VT because there was nobody left , the injuries were epic.

The point is it's just more than adding weight to play a position and do it well. If it didn't matter you'd see it a lot more than you actually see doing it. If you're will willing to throw sll this weight on in a year , you better be sure the kid can do it or you're ruining his career. He won't be fully ready until his junior year . Between strength, weight and reps at the position. Unless you want to just redshirt him. Which still don't solve the DT depth issue.

Just bring in a transfer or two and love as up next year. Let the kid play his natural position. That's just my two cents.
LOL at Teddywaistline.

This guy looks talented. Did he play the full season? He only has two games on his HUDL page and he was making plays in both.

Agree with DMoney. Like this guy's motor and drive to get to the QB. Seems athletic, quick and relentless.

Come to the Canes at 250, redshirt and be ready to go as a RS Freshman DT.

Advertisement
Transferred to Carol City for his Senior Year, will be playing a big role for CC this season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back