2018 Defensive Tackles NFL Draft Rankings

Norton is a true DT and I think McIntosh will be a 3-4 End. I think McIntosh actually gets taken a lot higher than anyone thinks.

Advertisement
I hadn't seen Vea play until the Fiesta Bowl when he made a ridiculously good tackle on special teams. To see a 340 lb DT tackle a WR or CB in open space was something special. Looks like a young Haloti Ngata out there and definitely someone the Dolphins could use.
Pass. The Dolphins have enough depth at DT. Besides, Vea is strictly a 2 down player. Would rather a versatile DE that can play a bit of DT.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Advertisement
They've had two years with Kool and still haven't produced at an elite level. I remember a post when Kool was hired mentioning how NFL coaches knew they weren't going to get much more out of players that Kool worked with as he already brought out most of their potential.

If these kids think they are going to get drafted off of potential they could not be more wrong. The only reasonable explanation I can think of, as to why they are considering leaving early, is because they think they've maxed out and want to get what they can before any one else realizes .

Last edited:
I think McIntosh goes higher than Norton because his skillset is more valued. He is an interior pass rusher. That is more valuable to the NFL than an old school run-stuffer like Norton.

On the flip side, I think Norton is more ready to contribute. McIntosh needs to get stronger.

Huge mistakes by both...

the dude from houston should be on there, he will be all pro watch

Ed Oliver is a sophomore

Wats the update on RJ/Norton on decision dates? These 2 are leaving a lot of money on the table.. Tell them boys to look at UGA and see how those Seniors improved their stock and made the title game.. And how Richt built that team..

I posted a couple days ago that they are expected to make their decisions final by the end of the week — so tomorrow

They will regret this.. Don't sss how they can't take out insurance policies in case they get hurt.. Leaving a lot of money on the table.. They should probably watch the orange bowl tape and see how they got dominated by 2 and 3 star white boys on the line... NFL OL will eat them alive next year..

Advertisement
Walter Football (and most other 'draft scouts') is terrible. All draft rankings in Dec/January are terrible. There are obviously legit guys (Zierlein, Josh Norris) but most don't know anything that pro scouts don't tell them so the rankings suck until the draft is close.

Both of the kids receiving anyone telling them they are 1st or 2nd round picks is total BS.. If a big if 5 tackles taken in Round 1 then 6/7 taken in round 2, you would need to be in the top 12.. There is 0 chance they go in round 1 neither is a Top 5 in potential or actual results.. playing for pennies on the dollar will only continue to make NFL owners wealthy.. granted it is a paycheck, however getting better improving your skill set will pay more guaranteed cash even in the short run...however we all like seeing $$$ with a bunch of zero's....

loaded DT class, will be a miracle for even one of them to get drafted

No they both will get drafted... That's not the point they are leaving millions on the table of guaranteed money.. RJ shouid go 3rd-4th round.. Norton 4th-5th. But as late picks as 4th or 5th and not a lot of money tied to u from the organization it's easier to release those picks early if not progressing..

I think McIntosh goes higher than Norton because his skillset is more valued. He is an interior pass rusher. That is more valuable to the NFL than an old school run-stuffer like Norton.

On the flip side, I think Norton is more ready to contribute. McIntosh needs to get stronger.

Well, everything is relative. I just don't see the production with Norton at the next level as 1-technique tackle. Quite frankly 1 solo and 5 assists with a half tackle for a loss in our last 5 games is not going to cut it. And most of the attention and double teams focused on McIntosh. Good player for us. Another year can only improve his draft stock.

McIntosh has the NFL upside because it is a throwing league, but he has to get much stronger. What he does right now in college he won't be able to do against NFL interior linemen. He only improves his draft stock if he finishes his fourth year. If anybody is essentially leaving a lot of guaranteed money on the table, then it is this kid in my opinion.

Advertisement
I posted a couple days ago that they are expected to make their decisions final by the end of the week — so tomorrow

1. Who is advising these guys?
2. Are there extenuating financial circumstances we don't know about?
3. Are there class/graduation issues?

Really perplexing decisions being made if they in fact try turning pro.

Who we think is better doesn't matter... NFL Teams will value Walter's picks over CIS... they both got to impress at their Pro Day... with Big Mac not being on the list may exclude him from a Combine invite... hopefully he is on someone else draft list

I won't ask you what your thoughts are on these two leaving early but what are your thoughts on the trend of this team that marginal pro prospects seem to leave every year rather than staying to theoretically improve/mature/graduate/etc ?

No they both will get drafted... That's not the point they are leaving millions on the table of guaranteed money.. RJ shouid go 3rd-4th round.. Norton 4th-5th. But as late picks as 4th or 5th and not a lot of money tied to u from the organization it's easier to release those picks early if not progressing..

Kareem Brown is the best and most productive defensive tackle Miami has had in the last dozen years. His senior season he was flipping outstanding. 60 tackles, 11 sacks, 16 QBHs. He had a solid junior season but he took off his senior year. 4th round pick, two years on a roster, two years on a practice squad, then out of the league. Played 1 NFL game.

Advertisement

The point made above may be the biggest issue...

Who we think is better doesn't matter... NFL Teams will value Walter's picks over CIS... they both got to impress at their Pro Day... with Big Mac not being on the list may exclude him from a Combine invite... hopefully he is on someone else draft list

I won't ask you what your thoughts are on these two leaving early but what are your thoughts on the trend of this team that marginal pro prospects seem to leave every year rather than staying to theoretically improve/mature/graduate/etc ?

This problem is shared by most every other college football program, although Alabama and Georgia seems to have it 'mostly' figured out...it is not a coincidence that both of those programs are coached by former colleagues.

My apologies as I accidentally down voted your post...

the dude from houston should be on there, he will be all pro watch

Ed Oliver is a sophomore

Wats the update on RJ/Norton on decision dates? These 2 are leaving a lot of money on the table.. Tell them boys to look at UGA and see how those Seniors improved their stock and made the title game.. And how Richt built that team..

Until we start to get players in the program who want to win championships AS MUCH or more so, than get to the NFL, we will continue to be just a "very good" program and not elite. I say that because I look at Georgia as an example and see Chubb and Sony both Seniors having returned for their Senior seasons both of whom would have probably been drafted in the first round, and then see our Mark Walton example... Both those guys will be drafted in the early 1st rd now after their phenomenal Senior seasons. I look at two of Georgia's elite O-Linemen both could have entered last years draft but decided to return.. Same on the defensive side.

Walter Football is a great site for draft info, but it still has some holes.

He has Walton going in the 4th, but doesn't have him ranked in his Top 27 RB's. Last week Sony Michel was his #7 overall RB, but wasn't in his 4 round mock (he is in the latest update). I'm assuming it's just one dude, so totally understandable that he makes some mistakes.

McIntosh will be in his rankings if he declares. But there's probably 100+ players he's got to keep track of that may be going early over the next week.

Advertisement
Back