2018 Defensive Tackles NFL Draft Rankings

Who we think is better doesn't matter... NFL Teams will value Walter's picks over CIS... they both got to impress at their Pro Day... with Big Mac not being on the list may exclude him from a Combine invite... hopefully he is on someone else draft list

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This is incorrect. Most draft media only evaluates players heading into their junior years who are a) mainstream names b) there are already whispers heading into their junior years that they are going to leave (not counting QB & RB). If RJ comes out he'll be a guaranteed combine invite. It's just silly to think otherwise.

Advertisement
I think 34 teams are going to love what they see in RJM as a possible end. However, that means the number of teams interested is significantly less the other DL that provide more sure versatility. Not sure there is much there as a 43 guy, but a team could see him as a guy they put weight on and slot there? idk.

RJM in many ways looks like a more modern version of some of those SDE types we had in the 2000s like Baraka Atkins, Bryan Pata...but, IMO, not as skilled as say Allen Bailey or Calais Campbell.

I am curious to see what he weighs in at. UM has him listed in the 290s, but he always looked like he played a bit lighter. Curious what he bulks up to and performs at in the combine setting. I think he's a nice 3rd round type, but you never know. It depends on how the draft falls and how fast down linemen are coming off the board. Those bigger 34 DEs typically are a shallow pool anyway and you don't see a ton drafted as 34 ends, but I'd be shocked if he went after the 5th round.

Norton is going to have more interest...everyone could use a two down run stuffer, but where they see the value depends on when the run on interior DL starts to wrap up. Interior DL depends on the type of year it is...some years 10 go by the end of R4, others near 20 go by the end of R4. You all are dramatically underestimating the need for big boys in the NFL and how much teams are willing to invest. I would say the 5th or 6th round is his FLOOR. I am just not sure how the chips stack at DT after underclassmen declare.

Calais was a R2 guy, Allen Bailey is a R3 guy, Chickillo and (of all people) AQM were 6th rounders. Baraka, Orien Harris and Kareem Brown were 4th rounders and that is about where I see RJM and KNs wheelhouse, trying to be objective.

Does anyone know what Richt's track record was at UGA of getting guys to come back...I know he had Kaaya and Yearby the past few years but it didn't seem like he wanted them back.

I think both guys would be making a mistake long-term by going pro to be 4th round picks. Maybe RJ can sneak into the 3rd round.

do these guys look NFL-ready to you?

[TWEET]947888569334448128[/TWEET]

Notice how Joe Jackson was being held by Wisconsin's LT. Again, mighty Wisconsin literally got away with SIX or SEVEN holds during the game!:madstare: OUCH. But it's all moot now and what not.

Norton is a true DT and I think McIntosh will be a 3-4 End. I think McIntosh actually gets taken a lot higher than anyone thinks.

Voila!

Thee Big Mac may go somewhere in the 3rd Round. Hopefully he's drafted early in 3rd Round.

Advertisement
Norton is a true DT and I think McIntosh will be a 3-4 End. I think McIntosh actually gets taken a lot higher than anyone thinks.

Voila!

Thee Big Mac may go somewhere in the 3rd Round. Hopefully he's drafted early in 3rd Round.

Speed Diaz and Kul both Harp on it we essentially play with 3 DE's. Rj is 290 maybeeee that's a base 4-3 end or beef him up a little more to play 3-4 end in the league he has the frame for it and wont lose much athleticism.

Advertisement
Back