2018 Defensive Depth Chart - IMO

IMO no way Gilbert frieson don't start.. him and michel Jackson boundary and bandy at the nickel . Amari carter and JJ will be at safety

Advertisement
IMO no way Gilbert frieson don't start.. him and michel Jackson boundary and bandy at the nickel . Amari carter and JJ will be at safety

JJ and Carter on the field together at safety is bad news. They both have limited range.

JJ and Carter on the field together at safety is bad news. They both have limited range.
I don't know they both seem to have the best nose for the ball. I just don't see carter sitting on the bench this year or only playing in a few packages

no way? what if Jhavonte Dean steps up.
Seems pretty simple really. Secondly Bandy will get snaps outside when we are only using 2 cbs.

Advertisement
Not stacked, but there are significantly less holes going into the season. The most critical kids on the defense are Jon Ford and Willis. If Ford steps up like we expect and Willis delivers to his potential, our defense can go toe-to-toe with anyone's offense, even Clemson's.

I don't know they both seem to have the best nose for the ball. I just don't see carter sitting on the bench this year or only playing in a few packages

They are always around the ball but against the big boys, the teams we want to beat...their speed can be taken advantage of even if they know where to be.

I said together. You can’t have 2 safety’s playing with limited range. If you replace Carter with Smiff or Hall u good
I do however think carter is more suited to play that safety/linebacker role though because let’s face it, he does lack speed

Advertisement
Gilbert is a way better athlete than dean.. plus he is an EE.. just watch by the end of Spring he will be a starter
way better athlete?
idk about that. Again I'm not saying Frierson isn't going to be great or anything, but you acting like everyone else sucks is strange to me. Im not sure Frierson will beat out Ivey or Dean immediately.

way better athlete?
idk about that. Again I'm not saying Frierson isn't going to be great or anything, but you acting like everyone else sucks is strange to me. Im not sure Frierson will beat out Ivey or Dean immediately.

Keep sleeping on Ivey. While he isn’t the athlete the rest of the guys are his technique is superior to all the incoming freshmen. He actually played a lot of cover 3 in hs too which Diaz loves to run. If he proves he can tackle in the spring I think he starts opposite Jackson.

Keep sleeping on Ivey. While he isn’t the athlete the rest of the guys are his technique is superior to all the incoming freshmen. He actually played a lot of cover 3 in hs too which Diaz loves to run. If he proves he can tackle in the spring I think he starts opposite Jackson.
I literally said I don't think Frierson will beat out Ivey. So idk why you're responding to me lol.

but anyways I think Ivey will be Michael Jacksons primary backup. (remember we sub a **** load on defense). Those two will essentially get all reps at one of the cb spots, and the other cb spot will be between Dean, Bandy, and the rest of the freshman. With Bandy being the starting Nickel, and Derrick Smith being his backup.

Advertisement
I literally said I don't think Frierson will beat out Ivey. So idk why you're responding to me lol.

but anyways I think Ivey will be Michael Jacksons primary backup. (remember we sub a **** load on defense). Those two will essentially get all reps at one of the cb spots, and the other cb spot will be between Dean, Bandy, and the rest of the freshman. With Bandy being the starting Nickel, and Derrick Smith being his backup.

I feel you bro I was trying to quote both posts.. still trying to get used to this new os from my phone lol

way better athlete?
I never said everyone sucks I said frieson is a way better athlete so I believe he will win the starting job

Advertisement
Back