2018 DE Andrew Chatfield's junior highlights

01Canes

Senior
[HUDL]video/3/5279539/57de0660842eb2528ccb3467[/HUDL]

We have yet to offer Chatfield, but he's coming off a season in which he recorded 24.5 sacks at American Heritage. Listed at 6'3", 220 pounds and has the potential to be groomed into a monster by Kuligowski. Ranked as a four-star recruit by 247 Sports and a high three-star recruit in their early composite rankings.

Curious to see if we'll be making him a priority for the 2018 class. We haven't had any success at American Heritage, but he looks like a **** of a player.

Andrew Chatfield, American Heritage, Weak-Side Defensive End

Advertisement
Advertisement
Maaaaaaaaaan I'm 5'9", 5'10" on a good day 200 lbs. I'm gonna drive down to the Hecht and Me and Coach Kool are gonna fight if my nephew doesn't get his offer soon. Lil Drew is the best edge rusher in America and he's DYING for the love he should be getting from the U. Even though he plays for AH he's a CC kid(Jesus Christ imagine him at his home school!!!) who's raised by real Ol' School Dade County brothers. Nunna that west of I-75 happy-go-lucky dance routine ****. Straight Hit Stick Bust **** Maniac ****!!! The last time I talked to him face to face, he confirmed with that he LOVES The U but he feels like the staff is sleeping on him. If I had 24.5 sacks & no offer, I'd feel like they were sleeping on me too. I know for a fact that if we turn up the heat on him and continue trending up on-field, he's ours to lose. Another key is Drew & my blood family Tyson were always cool and their bond grew closer when hey found out how close their families are. Offer Drew and put the FULL COURT PRESS on him and Tyand 2018's best front-back end duo could be Canes on signing day...

Advertisement
the next Brian Burns

Burns ain't on his level. Kid prolly weighs more than Burns right now and will be just as explosive when he arrives in a P5 S&C. Drew's gonna be able to carry 245+ on a 6'2"-6'4" frame and be fast, fluid, and ferocious with a hand in the dirt or standing up...

how the **** does this kid only have a UCF instate offer?

is there something I'm missing here that the coaches see that we don't?

The last time I talked to him face to face, he confirmed with that he LOVES The U but he feels like the staff is sleeping on him. If I had 24.5 sacks & no offer, I'd feel like they were sleeping on me too.

Chatfield is a savage and I hope we put the full-court press on him ASAP, but hopefully he's not singling out our staff for sleeping on him. His recruitment is going to blow up at any moment and he should've been offered by us long ago. But his biggest offer thus far is from Wisconsin. It's not like programs we generally compete for when it comes to recruiting are showing him love yet either.

Hopefully he's offered and made a priority sooner rather than later. Blue-chip talent.

Advertisement
I hope he doesn't hold it against UM even though no one else big has offered yet either. A little concerning that he's a diehard UM fan, but we need to trend up to get him to come here. Let's see if UF is held to that same standard even though they're clearly trending down.

From our last conversation, I sensed no resentment, more bewilderment than anything. Like I said, kid's a real Miamian raised by real Miami Ninjas. We turn up the heat and that D keeps looking like he'll have an NFL future if he's a part of it, we'll be tough to beat. I understand Coach Kool taking his time on the eval but Drew shoulda got an offer from the old staph. Before Tyson in my opinion...

Well I mean I think the holdup is that the kid may be viewed as a tweener...Need to see if he can play LB. BC he has LB size. Kid is only about 6'0 or 6'1 correct?

Obviously tape is impressive. Kid is explosive.

Advertisement
how the **** does this kid only have a UCF instate offer?

is there something I'm missing here that the coaches see that we don't?

Here are his Nike Combine results from March of 2016
Chatfield, Andrew ..18 ..DL.. American Heritage.. FL ..6-2(H)... 215(W)... 5.01(40)... 4.58SS)... 33(PB)... 30.8(vert)... 72.24(SPAR)

He is a legit 6-2 and could possibly sprout a little more. However the 5.01--40 is OK for a D-lineman but LB??? Even if you shaved 0.2 say for a bad day, etc. and that is a LOT off his 40 he would still be 4.8 guy. McCray the 3rd string LB at the U ran a 4.96 and he has trouble in pass coverage.

Like Robert Hicks the BTW D-lineman is LB height and his 40 was ...well....
Hicks, Robert.. 18.. DL.. B.T. Washington (FL).. FL ..6-0(H).. 220(W).. 5.18(40).. 4.37(SS).. 40(PB).. 29.2(vert).. 87.27(SPARQ)

Good stuff as always, CCH.

The obvious reason marquee programs have taken their time with Chatfield is that he has LB size and DL athleticism.

Sometimes though there are just natural pass rushers who get to the QB despite less than elite measurables. I would offer and hope he fills out a little. The Weaver twins had 20 sacks each as HS kids but could never find a real role in college as tweeners.

Is he a short arm dude? It's nice to have long arms as a pass rusher.

the next Brian Burns

Burns ain't on his level. Kid prolly weighs more than Burns right now and will be just as explosive when he arrives in a P5 S&C. Drew's gonna be able to carry 245+ on a 6'2"-6'4" frame and be fast, fluid, and ferocious with a hand in the dirt or standing up...

He is verified at 6'2" 215 (March 2016) which is heavier than Burns but Burns was 6'4.5" and 207 so he had a bigger frame.

Brian also tested much better than Chatfield who ran a 5.01 at the Nike combine last March.

Chatfield, Andrew 6-2 215 5.01 (40) 4.58 (SH) 33 (PB) 30.8 (VJ) 72.24 (SPARQ)
Brian Burns 6-5 207 4.76 (40) 4.5 (SH) 37 (PB) 33.9 (VJ) 92.04 (SPARQ)

If Drew can improve on his numbers this year, combined with his game film he will blow up.

Andrew Chatfield - Hudl
Brian Burns - Hudl

https://www.theopening.com/2016-miami-results

**** I'm shocked by that 40 time, he plays waaay faster than a 5 second 40 guy. I'm certain he'll blow that time outta the water this year because he does have lb athleticism.

Advertisement
Back