2018 CB Ivey thought about committing to Miami

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
2018 South Dade CB D.J. Ivey received an offer from the hometown Miami Hurricanes and was very close to committing.

Ivey (6-feet, 175) describes himself as a "long, tall" corner and had previously held offers from Louisville, Kentucky, West Virginia, and FAU prior to today when the Canes offered as well.

"I had expected it because they sent me a message asking me to come to camp and they said hey would offer me if I came to play," said Ivey.

"It was Coach Banda that told me, but Coach Diaz was the one who told him to do it. I was excited for it. Coach Mark Richt also told me that I had the offer."

The South Dade rising junior appreciates that Miami is early on him.

"It means a lot to me because most schools aren't even looking at me. My hometown is probably where I want to be," Ivey said.

Ivey even had the thought of a commitment on his mind.

"I thought about it. I'm going to talk to my family about it and my coaches, so it could still come later on in the week," he said.

"My mom already wants me to stay home. So I know she wants me to do it."

As for how today went? He performed well enough to receive the offer. He assessed his experience.

"The camp went very well. The competition was OK; I've been against better. It was just a great experience to work with the coaches and learn new things," Ivey said.

"Coach Banda was on me all day. Coach Rumph was on me too and told me I was lazy in the beginning, but I picked it up."

A trio of Miami targets in Trajan Bandy, CJ Henderson, and Josh Jobe was on campus today as well. He knows them all from optimist football.

"I know Gilbert, Trajan, CJ, all of them," said Ivey. "When I got the offer, Trajan said 'what's up, you gonna commit?'"

Does Ivey see Bandy flipping to Miami?

"I can see it, with the way he's talking. I'll keep in touch with him about it."

Advertisement
One of those classic under-the-radar guys who no one big is paying attention to, gets a UM offer, commits, starts getting pursued by other programs, then gets shaky.

152423 .gif

Bandy knows he's going to Miami he just doesn't wanna make it so obvious. Hope Ivey doesn't commit because he's just gonna get bigger offers later on then decommit to look at all
His options

Advertisement
Bandy is practically recruiting for the U already. Get on board young fella! Make the switch.

Advertisement
So how many db's we takin in the 18' class? Jobe, frierson, ivey, blades, Samuels, surtain, Tyson cambell, etc..... Not enough room....

The_[]_[]_Soto;2551326 said:
So how many db's we takin in the 18' class? Jobe, frierson, ivey, blades, Samuels, surtain, Tyson cambell, etc..... Not enough room....

**** yes there's room

These DB's making me spend a fortune on dye for the grey hairs they causing. Whose on board? Henderson? Brini? Wilson? Bandy? WhOOOOO!

Advertisement
Pete is crushing it these days. The Richt hire has rejuvenated him as well! Golden was obv crushing his soul, too (even though he never complained).

Nice work, Pete!

Throw in that Momma loves Miami... which is code for "it'll take a little something extra to get me out of Miami... for Momma to approve, of course." It's right up there with, "I was always a Miami fan, and would love to stay home." Use the two together and it means you want even more. I hate recruiting.
One of those classic under-the-radar guys who no one big is paying attention to, gets a UM offer, commits, starts getting pursued by other programs, then gets shaky.

Advertisement

Take all of them and make recruiting easier, you can never have too much depth, depth, coaching and the big boys upfront is what makes a team solid

Take all of them and make recruiting easier, you can never have too much depth, depth, coaching and the big boys upfront is what makes a team solid

Yea but no way we have the scholarship if we take 5 this class.... Which sucks...

Advertisement
Back