2018 ATH Marquez Ezzard receives offer

Recruited 2 of his teammates and saw him live. Stud. Sticky for a receiver but he’s dynamic

Guys like this are necessary when you have smalle guys like Thomas and Harley. Kid is 200 pounds and plays physical , no jamming him.

His body control and high pointing is great , the Boldin comparison above is a good one.

Oh and he's a great and willing blocker , this staff loves that as we know

Advertisement
Recruited 2 of his teammates and saw him live. Stud. Sticky for a receiver but he’s dynamic

Guys like this are necessary when you have smalle guys like Thomas and Harley. Kid is 200 pounds and plays physical , no jamming him.

His body control and high pointing is great , the Boldin comparison above is a good one.

I don't think it's necessary if you plan on having a good blocking o-line....Thomas and Harley did well blocking especially as frosh....I saw some of the bigger older receivers like Cager missing assignments more often....

I don't think it's necessary if you plan on having a good blocking o-line....Thomas and Harley did well blocking especially as frosh....I saw some of the bigger older receivers like Cager missing assignments more often....

I'm talking getting off the jam, that's one reason the staff is pursuing him. The smaller guys had issues with press coverage at times this year. They like his physicality . With or without the ball

Meh. Rather grab Trevon Grimes. Think he's a better player and provides spacing with the classes

I'd rather have Grimes as well.....this kid is hard to read....times are slow doesn't look like he can get separation at the next level....strong with good hands in traffic tho...could just be a good fb player??? Some kids like him do well....I just don't see anything eye popping about him..

He sounds like a Aquan Boldin type of player (hate to use an FSU alum but I'm a Ravens fan).

I was about to say the same thing, (ex. the raven part.lol.)

Was committed to FSU, visited Oregon with Wille in charge. Wonder if Willie going to FSU makes them the favourite. Would love to have him in the class but we do have three studs already.

Advertisement

I'm talking getting off the jam, that's one reason the staff is pursuing him. The smaller guys had issues with press coverage at times this year. They like his physicality . With or without the ball

Ok....I guess he adds another possession big body type to what Miami already has.....I gotta believe Njoku, Hightower and Wiggins bring the qualities you speak of already.....don't get me wrong he could turn out to be good....just don't see anything that would make me take him over some of the kids getting slow played from sfla..maybe I'm wrong...the kid doesn't look like a scrub...I'm not seeing anything that would allow me to believe he would get pt at Miami....

Ok....I guess he adds another possession big body type to what Miami already has.....I gotta believe Njoku, Hightower and Wiggins bring the qualities you speak of already.....don't get me wrong he could turn out to be good....just don't see anything that would make me take him over some of the kids getting slow played from sfla..maybe I'm wrong...the kid doesn't look like a scrub...I'm not seeing anything that would allow me to believe he would get pt at Miami....

He's way more than just a " possession " wr.

Dude is a beast .

Personally I'd rather just stick with 3 WRs this class unless the staff thinks Harris and Langham are both leaving (I'd be all for that tbh). For next year we're looking at having 11 WRs on the roster:

SR: Darrell Langham and Dayall Harris
JR: Ahmmon Richards and Lawrence Cager
SO: Jeff Thomas, Mike Harley, Deejay Dallas
FR: Evidence Njoku, Mark Pope, Dee Wiggins, Brian Hightower

I mean getting 4 wouldn't be that bad in this class or anything. But I think it would mean 2019 we'd only be able to get like 2 WRs.

Advertisement
Personally I'd rather just stick with 3 WRs this class unless the staff thinks Harris and Langham are both leaving (I'd be all for that tbh). For next year we're looking at having 11 WRs on the roster:

I mean getting 4 wouldn't be that bad in this class or anything. But I think it would mean 2019 we'd only be able to get like 2 WRs.

Njoku is coming off a major knee injury , and IMO Dallas is staying where he's at. Or more of a hybrid role.

Njoku is coming off a major knee injury , and IMO Dallas is staying where he's at. Or more of a hybrid role.

I'm listing Deejay as RB and as WR, cause he'll play wherever he's needed at/both. And I think Njoku should be healthy by Summer, right?

But again, if we sign Ezzard we'd have 5 freshman this year. One or 2 of them are getting redshirted, I can tell you that - probably Wiggins and Ezzard.
We have space for 4 WRs this class, but is Ezzard going to be better than just signing a 2019 WR? If he is then take him. If not than we shouldn't.

He's way more than just a " possession " wr.

Dude is a beast .

Ok....I'll take your word for it...is he all Cane?

Advertisement
Back