2017 Toledo offense vs. Miami defense

Advertisement
I for one love the RPO where the WRs run a slant or verts over the top; think you can get a ton of college guys to bite on it (if run correctly).

Toledo had a bunch of success on early downs throwing the ball for 7-8 yds, opening up the playbook on 2nd and short. Problem was, we destroyed their oline.

I really liked their offensive play calling that game, and am a huge fan of Candle if he ends up as OC. Plus, he's got a chip on his shoulder being ignored for a P5 HC gig.

In first vid I see a lot of Lashlee on 3rd and < 3 and in that first goalline possession both playcalling and execution. I hope Mario & Mirabal can help clean that up. WRs probably dropped 5 passes but were routinely getting open.

Advertisement
Was at that game, it was close for a good minute too. Rosier and Walton kinda took over 2nd half running the ball.

Great play calls by them. They had guys open but QB was bad and receivers dropped the ones he actually was on target on. But we were much much more athletic than them though! Our guys gang tackled a lot and looked like a pack of wolves.

Advertisement
Let's not forget also the 2018 game we played aganist them at their own place - different QB but they still got yards and points on our defense

I was at that game. I couldn’t believe how poorly prepared we were and how Johnson cooked our corners all afternoon.

In first vid I see a lot of Lashlee on 3rd and < 3 and in that first goalline possession both playcalling and execution. I hope Mario & Mirabal can help clean that up. WRs probably dropped 5 passes but were routinely getting open.
That one goal line stand by our D where they basically ran the same inside draw.

Pretty maddening watching Mannys D looking back. TFL, TFL soft zone gain of 14 for a first down. Sack, no gain, zone give up 12 on 3-10. Lol

Advertisement
That one goal line stand by our D where they basically ran the same inside draw.

Pretty maddening watching Mannys D looking back. TFL, TFL soft zone gain of 14 for a first down. Sack, no gain, zone give up 12 on 3-10. Lol

It's going to be real "fun" watching Penn State D this year for those of us who can't stand them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If that first video is 2017, it was Richt.

Advertisement
Back