2017 Toledo offense vs. Miami defense

Advertisement
**** I miss Malik Young.

That guy could really cover.

He never turned his head around, so he wasn’t going to get any picks. He was never indecisive though. He was always committed to staying with his man and attacking the ball at his hands.

He broke up a lot of passes and made our defense really hard to throw deep on.

Advertisement
So we're not going to run the triple option?
I have wanted to see this for a long time, especially with guys like Rooster and Brashard.

I just don’t want TVD taking unnecessary hits. Those plays were perfect for King and we never went that route.

**** I want to see the 2 back or jet sweep misdirection Kiffin runs so well. It makes life **** on disciplined defenses.

Advertisement
Don’t forget that was our first game back after Irmas school closing sent the team home. We barely practiced leading up to that game.

Once we got it going in the second half we dominated them.

Don’t think this is a good example for either team

Advertisement
Several of the run plays would have been explosive plays if not for excellent open space tackles by Pink, Shaq and Malik Young. If the RB was able to beat those one on one's they would have put up a lot more points in that game

Advertisement
Let's not forget also the 2018 game we played aganist them at their own place - different QB but they still got yards and points on our defense

This was against a much better Miami defense too. The 2017 defense has some holes but made up for it with turnovers. The 2018 defense was pretty dominant.

I don't see anything exceptional or innovative about Toledo's offense. I do want to raise a point. Why come there are so few "others" that get a chance to be an OC. Job seems to be off limits to the people who actually execute these offenses. This must have even those who don't give a ***** scratching their heads.

Advertisement
Back