2017 senior appreciation

MExtraMon9y

HarlemCane
What's good all my fellow cane fans. Since tomorrow is senior day, I wanted to start a thread that gave everyone an opportunity to highlight their favorite seniors and why.

Offense: KC McDermott is my pick for offense because in my opinion he's playing very solid and has done a great job of protecting our QBs since we started our winning streak last year. I don't think the fan base gives him enough credit because he doesn't have the measurables as other elite tackles but I think we'll appreciate his true value next year when that LT spot is open. I think he has a chance to be All-ACC selection this year.

Defense: Trent Harris is my pick for defense. This guy is a straight baller who takes advantage of every opportunity given to him. I remember when he first came into the program there wasn't a lot of buzz about him because we signed Chad Thomas but Harris has outplayed him every year dating back to their freshman year. In my opinion he doesn't play enough which I don't get cause he pops out the screen every time he's on the field. I think he leads the team in sacks and he's a rational player. I'm thankful for guys like him cause he seems like one of those players that puts the team first.

Can't wait to see you guys picks

Go Canes !!!! [emoji1487][emoji1487][emoji1487]

Advertisement
All the seniors are my favorites. Guys could have gone to other teams and balled earlier. They stuck with the program and in some cases played out of position for the team to their own development. Only bagley didn't have to play out of position over his career!

O: Braxton Berrios
The greatest (fair catching) punter returner in UM's storied history, ole Brax has become 2017's Leonard Hankerson.

D: Chad Thomas
To my grave I will believe his piano celebration Saturday night was solely to taunt Nick Saban.

Braxton Berrios, Chris Herndon, KC McDermott, Trevor Darling, Mike Badgley, Chad Thomas, Trent Harris, Anthony Moten, and others — thank you for giving us fans the most memorable Cane season in over a decade.

Advertisement
A huge thank you to the entire senior class. They had the dedication, work ethic, and mental toughness to get this program back to playing Canes football.
Since you asked for a favorite, Chad Thomas.

Good post. I was very happy to hear that we will have a huge crowd today for the Seniors which is almost unbelievable. I have seen messages from Blake,CMR and several players stating how much this means to them. I wouldn't miss it for the world. I won't pick one over another though. I will say that KC has so far played beyond what I thought was his ability this year. Somehow his footwork and technique has improved dramatically. I thought he was a weak link. BB IMO will be considered for the Miami Sports HOF someday because of his efforts off the field,on the field and in the classroom. Its an amazing class. Chad,Michael,Anthony Moten ( really contributed this season after Willis left) Chris,Trevor can all hold there heads up high with ANY player that has ever played here. My Thanks to you all

Advertisement
Braxton Berrios has kept so many drives alive, it's crazy. I'd give him senior of the TEAM let alone offense. Plus, he's bringing back the Cane theatrics with his answers to the upside down U and Catholics vs. Convicts. I'd love to ask him about the differences of the team between his Freshman and Senior seasons!

Offense: Darrell Langham. Obviously great picks all around but this kid, man he just epitomizes college football. Works his butt off, waits for his chance for years and when he gets it, he makes the two biggest plays of the entire season. We aren’t undefeated without him and he’s also a phenomenal young man.

Defense: Chad Thomas. Trent is another great pick, but Chad is the Shaq of the DL. He does so much for the line that doesn’t go in the box score.

But really Chris Herndon, Braxton Berrios, KC, Trent etc we wouldn’t be here without them.

Not only on the field but their leadership. There’s more to preparation as a team than X’s and O’s during practice. Really going to miss this group and I hope we can finally send some seniors off with what they deserve.

BTW, if high school kids acting like drama queens can net 50+ pages on the recruiting board, this thread better pick up some steam.

Lets stop wasting so much efforts on people that don’t deserve it and focus on the ones that do. JMO.

No favorite for me, I enjoyed them all!! I just think they are very stand up men and wish the best on the rest of their season and hope they all ball out and continue the revenge tour and destroy Clemson!! Just finish it off in style Canes, title town USA..

Advertisement
They're all pure Canes. BB will play on Sundays, retire and end up coachin...hopefully at the U.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BTW, if high school kids acting like drama queens can net 50+ pages on the recruiting board, this thread better pick up some steam.

Lets stop wasting so much efforts on people that don’t deserve it and focus on the ones that do. JMO.

Absolutely agreed.
A few years from now we might remember more some of the 2018 kids' names because they will have been on perennial winning team.
But those seniors are the ones who followed their heart and took a gamble on a stalling U and turned it back up
They demonstrated the abnegation an work ethics needed in a difficult environment.
They are the foundations of success to come.

Quick side question: JHallCanes is spot on on Langham. But isn't Darrell a RS Jr

All.of them. All committed when the Canes were a dumpster fire because they wanted to play for the U. Some may have received more press but all worked their buts off and provided leadership to turn the program around. Will be one of my favorite senior classes because of what they had to go through but persevered and are leaving the program where it is now. For that I will forever be thankful for this senior class

Advertisement
Herndon! he's been a stud for years and he's finally getting his chance to shine. Langham, Moten. I have to really credit darling and kc for turning their games around. O Line looking way stronger this year

Congrats to the entire senior class. What a way to go out with wins over F$U and Notre Lame. Now go get that Natty!

Absolutely agreed.
A few years from now we might remember more some of the 2018 kids' names because they will have been on perennial winning team.
But those seniors are the ones who followed their heart and took a gamble on a stalling U and turned it back up
They demonstrated the abnegation an work ethics needed in a difficult environment.
They are the foundations of success to come.

Quick side question: JHallCanes is spot on on Langham. But isn't Darrell a RS Jr
Yep my mistake. Good catch.

Seems like he’s been here for a very long time.

When The U Part 3 drops, these boys will be the stars of it. We as a fan base and the University owe a great deal to these young men. They didn't quit. They didn't leave. They didn't promote a toxic culture despite a regime change. They are the foundation for what will be our next championship.

They truly left the University in a better place then they found it and forever, we should to be grateful.

I think many, if not most of them have themselves long careers in the NFL, so it won't be the last time we see these boys.

Advertisement
Back