2017 Random Defensive Predictions Thread

LuCane

Administrator
Administrator
Malek Young and Shaq Quarterman will have more INTs than the entire defense had last year.
Malek Young will return an INT for a TD.
If healthy, Kendrick Norton and RJ Mcintosh will combine for 24 or more TFLs this season.
Joe Jackson and Chad Thomas will combine for more than 5 FFs this season.
Dee Delaney will lead team in PBUs.
Jon Garvin will have 5 or more sacks as a "3rd stringer."

Add your own, please!

Advertisement
Cant really argue against your list Lu. The 24 TFL's by Norton and Mac seem the biggest stretch...even if healthy.

- We will have at least 4 Defensive touchdowns this year

Advertisement
Dj Johnson returns a fumble for a touchdown
Delaney and dean combine for 5 or more ints

The Defense will score 7 defensive touchdowns [2016 Alabama ranked #1 at 11 and OSU #2 at 7].
The Defense will hold opponents to less than 15 points per game on average [2016 Alabama ranked #1 at 13.6, Michigan #2 at 14.1 and OSU #3 at 15.5].

I say 5- defensive TD's......2- blocked FG attempts (may as well be 6 pts in our favor), and 4- PBU's occurring inside the end zone (another 24 pt swing in our favor).

I believe this defense WILL, be the game winner for at least 2 games this season.

Advertisement
The Defense will hold opponents to less than 15 points per game on average [2016 Alabama ranked #1 at 13.6, Michigan #2 at 14.1 and OSU #3 at 15.5].

I like that a lot. Let me add:

We go shooting up to meet or beat 35% 3rd down defense, which should place us at or near the Top 25 in the NCAA for the category.

Amari Carter will knock someone out of a game this year.
Joe Jackson will have 3 sacks in two different games
Demetrius Jackson will lead the ACC in batted passes

Advertisement
I ain't to sure about the scoring TDs on defense. I don't see those type of play making athletes on defense yet. They always dive on the ball instead of picking it up and trying to score even when they have space to do so. Now I did see a interview with Manny saying he wants to see more defensive TD and they are working on installing that scoop and score mentality but our guys don't have that play making ability yet or hands for that matter.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I made a $20 casual bet with my uncle this morning saying we are top 5 in sacks so hoping that comes through haha. Actually think we should expect that though.

Dean, Delaney, and Young will be mistaken for blankets or shadows for the entire year.

Advertisement
Back