2017 Random Defensive Predictions Thread

The unit as a whole will be only slightly better than last year.

From top 20 to top 15 in total D

Top 15 to top 10 in scoring D

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I ain't to sure about the scoring TDs on defense. I don't see those type of play making athletes on defense yet. They always dive on the ball instead of picking it up and trying to score even when they have space to do so. Now I did see a interview with Manny saying he wants to see more defensive TD and they are working on installing that scoop and score mentality but our guys don't have that play making ability yet or hands for that matter.

**** yourself

Advertisement
pinkney will start all season, barring injury. who's taking his job and why???

chad thomas will start all season as well. all these young guys will play and play a lot, but, guys like Thomas and berrios will start and the young guys will get their time.

Malek Young and Shaq Quarterman will have more INTs than the entire defense had last year.
Malek Young will return an INT for a TD.
If healthy, Kendrick Norton and RJ Mcintosh will combine for 24 or more TFLs this season.
Joe Jackson and Chad Thomas will combine for more than 5 FFs this season.
Dee Delaney will lead team in PBUs.
Jon Garvin will have 5 or more sacks as a "3rd stringer."

Add your own, please!

Malek Young's name came up more than anybody in the spring. He was always making plays. He started last year as a true freshman with a bunch of veteran guys around him and held his own. I agree he's in line for a big year and will be more aggressive with experience and that nasty front 7.

Trajan bandy will have 3 interceptions this year and 1 returned for a TD

Bandy return for a TD is my pick too. I will also predict 2+ sacks.

I will add:

Trent Harris 5+ sacks
Amari Carter starts over Redwine by the end of the season
Over 15 different players will have a sack (13 last year)

Advertisement
Quan leads the team in tackles.
McIntosh leads the team in TFL.
Top 5 scoring defense.
Top 10 total defense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back