2017 QB battle

Considering the fact that MR wants to establish the RPO as the staple of his offense and from what we've already seen from Rosier, I really don't understand the lack of faith in him. I get that Allison probably has the best arm on the team but considering Rosier has an average arm, he does have underrated motility and I think can do damage with his legs moving the chains. I get that a lot of people are thinking Cade or Perry will win the QB battle but with a road trip to FSU in the 3rd week of the season, I really don't see a true freshman starting out the season. What are yalls thoughts on why not Rosier and why someone else?

I remember last off season, everyone thought Rozier was going to transfer, because there was no way he was going to be above 4 string! Pesonally I don't care who the starter is, even if they put Choc back there, I just want to beat FSU and win more than 10 games! I trust Richt will put the guy back there that will do that for us.

Advertisement
It will be interesting to see who comes out on top. I'm not too familiar with the contestants at QB, but we sure need someone to emerge and quick. I'll trust certain posters opinions on here that follow the program a lot closer than I do, ( since I live in Jersey) like @LibertyCity....

If that's his opinion I'll ride with that. But make no mistake about it, we need someone to step up and FAST!! It will be a special year with the right pieces in place.

Rosier isn't starting unless there are injuries to the multiple QBs who will be in front of him on the depth chart.

Advertisement
I don't feel like doing this all over again next year opening up against LSU. Put Perry in there and let him work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I thought Rosier looked alot better then people make it seem when he had to step in here. I mean im not really for him starting but cut the kid some slack.

"Delivers the ball with velocity, but also can take some off his fastball to make nice accurate touch throws, also has great escapability in the pocket under pressure... Is NOT a run first QB, is a pocket passer who can run when needed."

[MENTION=14457]Liberty City El[/MENTION], I could not agree more with your analysis on Perry, especially the part in bold. Weldon tends to really on his legs if his first read is not there. Perry, though his offenses appeared to be that of a simple scheme, he at least looked at his 2nd and 3rd reads before opting to run! During Richt's latest interviews, when asked about the QB battle situation and what he is looking for in his prototypical QB, he seems to specifically describe Perry's game, without necessarily naming Perry by name! I think that he is the starter Day 1.

I think Allison gets first crack at winning the job.

If he doesn't earn the spot, I think he transfers out.

Weldon and Rosier are the 2nd options, if Jack can't "captain" the squad.

If Perry actually does win the job over the summer, it probably means 1 of 2 things:

1. The rest of our QBs are less than average.
2. Perry is a special QB

Advertisement
Best guess is that Weldon is the starter at FSU. If the need is for someone talented enough to win that game, and mature enough not to lose it with mistakes, the best fit on paper is Weldon. Coaches son, and is already in school.

p.s. I am not saying he will be the starter for the next 4 years, simply that he will be ready the earliest.

I think Allison gets first crack at winning the job.

If he doesn't earn the spot, I think he transfers out.

Weldon and Rosier are the 2nd options, if Jack can't "captain" the squad.

If Perry actually does win the job over the summer, it probably means 1 of 2 things:

1. The rest of our QBs are less than average.
2. Perry is a special QB

Does anybody know when he's supposed to arrive on campus? Will he be here for the summer session(s) starting in May/June?

The only knock from Richt I've heard about Rosier, is Rosier tries to do too much.

Richt's history between selecting a talented true Frosh, or an experienced upperclassmen, favors Rosier. He started Joe Terishinsky III over Stafford in 06', although Stafford ended up winning the job via injury...and He started Joe Cox over Aaron Murray in 10'.

Advertisement
Rosier was neck and neck with Testaverde for the backup spot for a while. What does that tell you?

Cade or Kosi are going to be handed the keys.

Either or this team is going to lean on the D, whoever the QB is. Whoever it is just has to be a game manager

This team is going to have to lean on the defense regardless who is QB. Despite his faults, just as when Dorsey left, people are OVERestimating the impact of Kaaya leaving.

FIFY
Richt will not ride with a golden guy if he doesn't have to, especially a back up

I do agree that if Perry was an EE that he would have a good chance to start but I just don't see it happening with him arriving in may. As far as the Olinemen being improved, I'm in wait and see mode as we returned all of our starters last year as well and that position was the weakness of our offense. Spring ball will be very interesting as far as this position goes

True.

From what I've read, MIAMI will tape a few “install” sessions and send them to Perry. They’ll give him a lot of film to study and coaches can communicate with him through text and video chat. They have unlimited contact with him. (Kayaa went the same route and ended up starting.) He was the number one player on their board regardless of position. He'll get every opportunity.

Only QB on the team that has fired live rounds is Rosier. Dude looked pretty **** good to me under the lights.

Any talk about the others atm is pure speculation or propaganda.

Advertisement
Back