2017 OG Gavin Blomberg receives Preferred Walk-on offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
[TWEET]835181048040390657[/TWEET]

[HUDL]video/3/2684550/57e840710aff7a2d8c210b06[/HUDL]

Gavin Blomberg, Providence Academy, Offensive Tackle

6'4 300lbs OG from Minnesota, multi sport athlete that played Football, Basketball & Lacrosse, goes to 3A school Providence Academy.

Missed most of his Junior year with an injury, but returned for his Senior year and was an All-state lineman.

Advertisement
Cool.

Related question. Does it seem that we get a lot of OGs and not so many OTs? I haven't counted, but it seems like with most of the OL we get, people say he'd be good at guard, not so much at tackle. Kinda like how it seems like we get 57 DEs and 1 DT per year.

Cool.

Related question. Does it seem that we get a lot of OGs and not so many OTs? I haven't counted, but it seems like with most of the OL we get, people say he'd be good at guard, not so much at tackle. Kinda like how it seems like we get 57 DEs and 1 DT per year.

We brought in 5 lineman this year. 4 were tackles. Maybe Donaldson plays guard, but the rest are Tackles.

Cool.

Our recent rosters haven't had enough quality OTs. However, the '17 class may help alleve that. Of the 6 new guys (including the transfer Brown), all but Gaynor and Dykstra are arguably OTs.

If we bring in three OL in the '18 class, I'm guessing one would be an OT type and two more suited for the interior.

Not a bad looking G prospect. He's nasty finishing his blocks. Played T in those clips, but he doesn't look athletic enough to handle ACC speed rushers off of the edge. Definite road grader for the interior, tho. I wonder how many offers did this kid have? What level were those schools? Or did he just fall all the way thru the cracks?

Advertisement
Cool.

We brought in 5 lineman this year. 4 were tackles. Maybe Donaldson plays guard, but the rest are Tackles.

Traditionally I would say yes. But I think the reason is that it is harder to find HS kids that are sure fire tackles right out of the gate. Same thing with Safety and Corners.

Cool.

Traditionally I would say yes. But I think the reason is that it is harder to find HS kids that are sure fire tackles right out of the gate. Same thing with Safety and Corners.

I agree. I think these big time guys get my on strength at the T spot in HS and their footwork isn't developed because of that. They are dominant on strength alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool.

I agree. I think these big time guys get my on strength at the T spot in HS and their footwork isn't developed because of that. They are dominant on strength alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thx.

Advertisement

6'4 300lbs OG from Minnesota, multi sport athlete that played Football, Basketball & Lacrosse, goes to 3A school Providence Academy.

Missed most of his Junior year with an injury, but returned for his Senior year and was an All-state lineman.

I like hearing the kid played basketball and lacrosse. Meaning he should have pretty decent feet. Just not some random golden Coal shoveler

Advertisement
if richt and searels think he's worth a shot, and it doesn't even cost us a scholarship? then i'm good ..... welcome to the U, kid. congrats

if richt and searels think he's worth a shot, and it doesn't even cost us a scholarship? then i'm good ..... welcome to the U, kid. congrats
He hasn't accepted it yet, he just received an offer as a Preferred walk-on.

Providence Academy is an expensive private school, so parents shouldn't have any trouble paying UM tuition if that's his choice

Advertisement
PWO's costs us nothing and I think they are good for the program. Blomberg should provide roster help. This may signal that some current roster players may be in line to transfer. Congratulations to the young man if he signs with us.

I like hearing the kid played basketball and lacrosse. Meaning he should have pretty decent feet. Just not some random golden Coal shoveler

Should have a pretty good motor as well. Lacrosse and basketball require a great deal of running without the usual pause between plays of football.

Blomberg? Don't want.

I don't think he's one of mine. If it was Bloomberg then definitely. He's probably a Minnesota descendant of Scandinavians. You're good with a viking Chise.

Edit that: Ron Blomberg was a ****** baseball player in the 40's. This kid could be one of mine.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back