2017 OG Gavin Blomberg receives Preferred Walk-on offer

Blomberg? Don't want.

I don't think he's one of mine. If it was Bloomberg then definitely. He's probably a Minnesota descendant of Scandinavians. You're good with a viking Chise.

Edit that: Ron Blomberg was a ****** baseball player in the 40's. This kid could be one of mine.

Ron Blomberg did not play in the '40's. He was first player selected overall in the 67 draft and made his MLB debut in '69 for the Yankees. He was the first DH in history. It was hoped that he'd be the next Mickey Mantle but injuries prevented a great career. I doubt he has a connection to this Blomberg.

History

Last edited:
Advertisement
Blomberg? Don't want.

I don't think he's one of mine. If it was Bloomberg then definitely. He's probably a Minnesota descendant of Scandinavians. You're good with a viking Chise.

Edit that: Ron Blomberg was a ****** baseball player in the 40's. This kid could be one of mine.

Ron Blomberg did not play in the '40's. He was first player selected overall in the 67 draft and made his MLB debut in '69 for the Yankees. He was the first DH in history. It was hoped that he'd be the next Mickey Mantle but injuries prevented a great career. I doubt he has a connection to this Blomberg.

History

I stand corrected. I saw 1948...that was the year he was born. I didn't think he was related to this Blomberg.

Cool.

Related question. Does it seem that we get a lot of OGs and not so many OTs? I haven't counted, but it seems like with most of the OL we get, people say he'd be good at guard, not so much at tackle. Kinda like how it seems like we get 57 DEs and 1 DT per year.

We brought in 5 lineman this year. 4 were tackles. Maybe Donaldson plays guard, but the rest are Tackles.

Gaynor is not a tackle.

Dykstra probably plays inside also.

Advertisement
Cool.

Related question. Does it seem that we get a lot of OGs and not so many OTs? I haven't counted, but it seems like with most of the OL we get, people say he'd be good at guard, not so much at tackle. Kinda like how it seems like we get 57 DEs and 1 DT per year.

We brought in 5 lineman this year. 4 were tackles. Maybe Donaldson plays guard, but the rest are Tackles.

Gaynor is not a tackle.

I said 4 of 5 were tackles. Meaning Gaynor is the one who isn't. And of that group of Tackles, people have said Donaldson might play inside because of how strong he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool.

Gaynor is not a tackle.

I said 4 of 5 were tackles. Meaning Gaynor is the one who isn't. And of that group of Tackles, people have said Donaldson might play inside because of how strong he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You said 4 of 5 were tackles, Donaldson may play guard but rest are tackles.

I agree Donaldson may play guard. Gaynor is a C. Dykstra likely plays inside too, IMO. That leaves two clear tackles. Neither is game ready.

Advertisement
Back