2017 Offense / Richards

jjacks93

Big Dog Alpha Pimp
If you would have told me Ahmmon Richards would have only 340 yards after 8 games I would guess we were 5-3 at best... Instead we are undefeated and top 10 with arguably our best offensive player in a slump

With that being said, what to you guys think needs to happen to get him going with ND coming to town and Clemson and the playoffs about a month away. Is it his nagging injury or is he still just "rusty" ? Is the I jury more serious than we're being told ?

We have to get him going . If he starts playing at a level we know he's capable of, imagine the impact that would have on opening up the rest of the offense. Even injured he has made big plays this year at times. Someone on here posted earlier this week we still don't have that elite level player to take us to the next level. I think Ahmmon is that player

Thoughts on what the staff/Richards needs to do as far as game planning and prep to get him going ?

Advertisement
Richards may not be healthy for the rest of the season.... he in some ways is being used more so as a decoy to keep defenses honest... bc nobody can stick with Braxton Berrios in space and frees up guys like Jeff Thomas and Mike Harley on the deep routes.

It's not a big deal in terms of winning bc our defense is ridiculous and we have multiple weapons on offense but it's going to take Ahmmon Richards a full off season to shake that leg injury.

Richards may not be healthy for the rest of the season.... he in some ways is being used more so as a decoy to keep defenses honest... bc nobody can stick with Braxton Berrios in space and frees up guys like Jeff Thomas and Mike Harley on the deep routes.

It's not a big deal in terms of winning bc our defense is ridiculous and we have multiple weapons on offense but it's going to take Ahmmon Richards a full off season to shake that leg injury.

Don't forget AR's blocking.

First is getting healthy, second is giving him some short underneath passes where he can then make people miss in the open field and get big chunks of yards.

Is it an injury that would need surgery in the off season? As far as I know all we've been told is he tweaked his hamstring

Advertisement
He’s injured, ******.

giphy.gif

Is it an injury that would need surgery in the off season? As far as I know all we've been told is he tweaked his hamstring

Hamstrings are super hard to get over.

The only way to really get it at 100% is rest....like doing nothing for a few weeks (depending on the severity).

I’m sure he’ll be real good to go for the Bowl Game. Until then, it’ll be a battle each week.

That hamstring is undoubtedly hampering him, physically and mentally. I give him tons of credit for playing through it. He's pulled up in the last two games, and I thought for sure he was done for awhile -- then BAM, he's back in the game and locked in on a block.

He's still going to break off one of these comeback routes for 6. I hope it's this week.

Advertisement
He'll be fine, this is the type of injury he needs several months rest for to get back to normal. He'll just have to play limited, and get out of his head

It’s a nagging injury *******. There’s nothing that needs to be done to get him “going”. As others mentioned, he’ll be 100% after he can rest it and not have to sprint all out for a couple weeks.

It’s not a case of needing to get him going”.

Advertisement
What i have noticed as well is that Rosier is obviously not as in sync is AR as he is with other WR. I think this is due to AR missing practice and reps with Rosier. Not that it is AR fault, but i think that is where some of the drops, and miscommunication come from between those 2. Our WR group is going to be nasty next year.

He's only played in 5 games and he's 3rd in receiving, 51 years behind Herndon and 124 yards behind Berrios. Injured or not, he could still end up being our leading receiver this year. And his blocking is phenomenal.

Even with the nagging injury, he played a big role in 4 of the 5 games he played in.

Even as a decoy, they have to respect what he can do. He's also had an ankle injury, on top of the hamstring. I think we'll also start seeing more of Deejay out there. He's been productive on the few touches he's had. I'd like to see him in a wildcat or on a halfback pass, since he can actually throw.

Advertisement
Im of the opinion that Richards should sit out the UVA and Pitt games. Get him as healthy as possible for the Clemson game, as well as BOTH playoff games.

It’s a nagging injury *******. There’s nothing that needs to be done to get him “going”. As others mentioned, he’ll be 100% after he can rest it and not have to sprint all out for a couple weeks.

It’s not a case of needing to get him going”.

U ain't got nothing to add just shut yo *** up then

Advertisement
Back