2017 Offense / Richards

A sports psychologist. His injury has slowed him down, yes. But so have the insane number of drops. He has more yards and touchdowns if he is right upstairs.

Advertisement
Im of the opinion that Richards should sit out the UVA and Pitt games. Get him as healthy as possible for the Clemson game, as well as BOTH playoff games.
I think they should too. He could be huge for us if he gets healthy

He will have space in this game since the DB's will play off the line for the most part.

Hope he makes ND pay.

Here we go with the “he should sit” moronic crowd. If he plays vs ND and plays fine he should play the rest of the games. If he can go for ND and has no relapse or further I just, he’ll play the rest of the way. I’m sure he’s in the training room 7 days a week getting treatment. If he wasn’t effective or ok, he wouldn’t be playing. He looked fine on the deep post vs VT.

Advertisement
It does seem like he is getting closer to being healthy tho. Blocking has been great I just want to see him targeted a bit more

It’s a nagging injury *******. There’s nothing that needs to be done to get him “going”. As others mentioned, he’ll be 100% after he can rest it and not have to sprint all out for a couple weeks.

It’s not a case of needing to get him going”.

Here we go with the “he should sit” moronic crowd. If he plays vs ND and plays fine he should play the rest of the games. If he can go for ND and has no relapse or further I just, he’ll play the rest of the way. I’m sure he’s in the training room 7 days a week getting treatment. If he wasn’t effective or ok, he wouldn’t be playing. He looked fine on the deep post vs VT.

You spewed the exact opposite opinion in two consecutive posts in this thread. Fail.

I know its tough for you, but try to be intellectually consistent when you pop off and insult everyone in a given thread, which is roughly 92.7% of the threads you post in.

Advertisement
No, clearly he’s playing thru it and it may not be 100% until he gets time to actually rest and do nothing, but clearly he’s effective enough to make a difference or he wouldn’t be out there. That’s on the coaches and training staff. He looked fine on his post i do think he’s getting closer, but one sprint could re aggravate it at any time. If he plays at Nd and is effective and doesn’t tweak it, he’ll continue to play. If he aggravated it and is less than effective, then sit him and play Harley and Langham and cager.

Lol u are universally known as a horrible poster and moderator with almost no knowledge of fb.

Advertisement
He's still averaging 20 ypc, and he still has a minimum of 4 games left and maybe as many as 6 games if everything.

He's had quite a few drops this year which are also hurting his numbers. There's no doubt that he's the biggest threat we've got at WR so even 80% of Ahmon Richards is good for the team. Plus his injury might have been a bit of a blessing as other guys have really gotten involved on offense. Berrios has more catches this season than the previous three combined and Langham went from the bottom of the depth chart to a reliable rotational guy who's made some big plays. Just having Richards on the field opens up the whole offense.

Advertisement
Richards may not be healthy for the rest of the season.... he in some ways is being used more so as a decoy to keep defenses honest... bc nobody can stick with Braxton Berrios in space and frees up guys like Jeff Thomas and Mike Harley on the deep routes.

It's not a big deal in terms of winning bc our defense is ridiculous and we have multiple weapons on offense but it's going to take Ahmmon Richards a full off season to shake that leg injury.

Don't forget AR's blocking.
This right here.... He might not be the playmaker this year but he's playing his *** off when it comes to down the field blocking...

Im of the opinion that Richards should sit out the UVA and Pitt games. Get him as healthy as possible for the Clemson game, as well as BOTH playoff games.

Totally agree.

Don't forget the first task is to win the aforementioned games.. NC game should tell you that no week against a P5 opponent is an absolute gimme

We should have no issue winning at home against UVa and @ Pitt w/o AR in the line up.

Is it an injury that would need surgery in the off season? As far as I know all we've been told is he tweaked his hamstring

Hamstrings are super hard to get over.

The only way to really get it at 100% is rest....like doing nothing for a few weeks (depending on the severity).

I’m sure he’ll be real good to go for the playoffs. Until then, it’ll be a battle each week.

FIFY

If he’s as healthy as he was vs va tech, and is no worse vs Nd, he'll play against uva and Pitt. I can’t explain it to you if you never played the game.

Advertisement
Back