2017 LB Waynmon Steed to have surgery on a torn ACL.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hoping for a quick recovery for your son.

After seeing Navarro Bowman suffer a catastrophic injury and come back to make All-Pro, I have a new respect for modern sports medicine. He will be back better than ever.

Hope your son makes a speedy recovery. Ready to have him in orange and green next season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just want to point out that Steed was a MONSTER on the field this year despite the knee. Let's get that boy healthy and on campus!!!

Redshirt him anyhow. Get strength back, limit reinjury, learn the college game. Come back stronger than ever in 2018! get well.

Good luck and speedy recovery! That is some kind of elite toughness to play through that all year long.

Advertisement
I have no way to explain this, but my little brother went from being a 4.9 guy (we're white :confusion:) pre-injury to being a legit 4.7 guy within a year and a half of his ACL surgery at age 17. Hope Waynmon has a similar success story, we're all pulling for your fam.

That sucks to hear. Sounds like Coach Richt and Diaz were very supportive. Good luck with your recovery Waynmom!

I wanted you guys to hear it from me first. I appreciate all of the support this season for my son. Steed has played all season with a lingering knee issue and being that he missed his junior season due to a shoulder injury, I assume he didn't want to face the realization that he would have to miss his senior year also. After the first game against Eastridge he tweaked his knee in practice gearing up for Palm Beach. He sat out that game and returned the next week for Killian. Not realizing how serious the injury was, he wore a brace and played through the pain the following weeks, dealing with soreness and continued pain throughout the season. He reinjured it against Norland and Jackson. Well after the season ended I convinced him to get an MRI, and we found out last week that he needed surgery for a torn ACL. He met with coach Richt and coach Diaz and they both convinced him that he is family and they will continue to honor his scholarship. They are eager to get him into rehab and back into action next fall. Another minor setback for a major comeback. My son has been through a lot the last two years but he is in good spirits and he is ready to put in the work that is needed to help put UM where it should be amongst college football's elite programs!!!

****. Rehab, rehab, rehab! He can come back even stronger. Keep him positive he has a great career in front of him. Just a set back. He can work on really watching film and learning from it. Watching film and learning is a science, takes practice. Rehab is the most important right not. Guy who did my knee is an NFL team doctor and told me as good as he was, its how focused I was going to be on rehab that will make all the difference. Can't wait to see your son playing as a Cane!

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Thanks for sharing about your son. Reminds me of another player a few years back...Damien Berry if I'm not mistaken played most of his senior season with a torn ACL. Ended up having a pretty solid career. I wish your son a smooth road through rehab.

Check out who came back from ACL reconstruction surgery!
Gore.jpegACL  2014.jpgACL & MCL 2008.jpgPeterson.jpg

Advertisement
Back