2017 Cali QB is on commit watch

Advertisement
Ed Reed came out before the era of internet recruiting. The game is different now. Much tougher to find diamonds in the rough now. The only way is to get on a kid early before the meat market industry gets a hold of them.

Why do you guys love him so much, but no schools in CA (or anywhere else for that matter) care for him?

None cared about kayaa either so i dont put much stock in who they offer early at qb.

Ed Reed was a 2 star.

Ok. One has zero to do with the other but ok, I get what you mean or are trying to due but theres a huge difference in what I said and ed reed being a two star.

We have been starved for a QB and after hitting on Kaaya, Coley offering an unknown gets immediate hype. Not in love with Coley as OC yet, but until further notice he is the man at spotting unknown QBs.

If it's something positive for UM then you know Franchise is somewhere in the thread trying to make everyone look bad lol really hope this kid commits. We'd be set at the QB position for years to come.

Why do you guys love him so much, but no schools in CA (or anywhere else for that matter) care for him?

I saw this kid at the Miami camp where he won Co MVP with Allison. He has a big arm, good feet and can move. Scary part is he still looks like he is really young. His upside will be huge. A 6'5" 200lb babyfaced kid with huge upside. Remember he does not have varsity film yet. He played JV last year and backed up a top ranked 2015 Senior Travis Waller that went to Oregon this year. That league is legit at every level. Note the size of the JV kids. OMG! I know the guys at Michigan pretty well and they have him at the top of their 2017 boards and are going to offer. I bet this kid is 15 plus offers deep half way through the season. He was in the top group at Irish Invasion and Michigan A4 camp. The only thing holding this kid from offers is no varsity experience. I don't know of many that get D1 offers off of JV film. I look at it the opposite way. I am saying wow he is that good! Coley and the Colorado St coach Letson are known QB guys. I hope we grab this kid early. Josh Rosen UCLA, Travis Waller Oregon and KJ Costello of Stanford all top Elite 11 guys and all from the same league.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I also see that the receiver Bynum from the same HS as Lytle was offered by Miami. That would be a nice grab to get both. I wonder if there is dialogue with Bynum?

Torn on this kid, not sure if I like him or not. Definitely don't see him being the "next kaaya." Looks like a project to me but i do see the potential. Think he needs to improve his pocket presence.. just doesn't look comfortable staying in there and delivering the ball. His mechanics need A LOT of work, especially throwing the ball on the run along with his decision making. My guess is a some of those passes get picked off at the varsity level, but the kid will learn. Other than that looked like a good athlete, good hips in the pocket as well as some escape ability. He looks to have a real good arm and quick release and isn't even fully developed. Not too high on him just yet but I see the potential.

Hmmm mechanics and decision making are what I like most. Good feet, strong arm, nice touch and high release. Look at some balls that he storng arms between defenders and then floats one with touch on the next. It looks like he only takes off when defenders are in his face. I counted twice that he should have hung in there longer against a red team and the other looks like Bosco. I really like the one he moves around and has the two defenders running into each other. I am not sure Coley would be after a project QB with what they need to prove to keep their jobs. What are you seeing that is off with this kid? I know the position pretty darn good. I love discussing this stuff. I see him easily a notch above Allen and Toddy. My son showed me Lytle's twitter header and there are three videos on it. Looks like he uses Tom Brady's QB coach in one of the videos. John Beck is with Tom House and Adam Dedeaux. I am very familiar with them as they come out East and train about 12 NFL starters. He also showed me he is ranked the 2nd QB in Cali and 18th nationally on rivals new rankings. I am excited about him to become a Cane. I am just not sure we get him 15 offers later in October. Kaaya was very raw as a soph and somewhat as a Junior and now a complete stud. I totally see the resemblance with the exception this kid can run. I am with the majority that are believers. I am skeptical we get him.

I saw this kid at the Miami camp where he won Co MVP with Allison. He has a big arm, good feet and can move. Scary part is he still looks like he is really young. His upside will be huge. A 6'5" 200lb babyfaced kid with huge upside. Remember he does not have varsity film yet. He played JV last year and backed up a top ranked 2015 Senior Travis Waller that went to Oregon this year. That league is legit at every level. Note the size of the JV kids. OMG! I know the guys at Michigan pretty well and they have him at the top of their 2017 boards and are going to offer. I bet this kid is 15 plus offers deep half way through the season. He was in the top group at Irish Invasion and Michigan A4 camp. The only thing holding this kid from offers is no varsity experience. I don't know of many that get D1 offers off of JV film. I look at it the opposite way. I am saying wow he is that good! Coley and the Colorado St coach Letson are known QB guys. I hope we grab this kid early. Josh Rosen UCLA, Travis Waller Oregon and KJ Costello of Stanford all top Elite 11 guys and all from the same league.

Yeah, it is kinda hard to get a great offer when you aren't even the varsity starter. However, it is much easier when the guy that is starting on varsity is a top ranked recruit, because then when schools are coming to visit, they see him practicing as well.

I know Morgan Mahlak committed to Oregon without starting on varsity, because Jared Goff (current Cal QB, and #1 ranked QB by Mel Kiper) was the starter. You don't see it too often though.

Advertisement
Agree the Waller kid was on everybody's board. What you are saying completely makes sense. Miami is wise to jump on early

[video]http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1887735/highlights/283236396/v2[/video]

wowwwwwww watch out captain jack...

Advertisement
We got really lucky that USC/UCLA were so late to the party with Kaaya. It would be shocking to see history repeat itself with Lytle if he keeps this up throughout his junior season and if his rumored heavy interest in Miami is truly legit. Kid looks awesome.

I have been hearing rumblings about 2017 QB Tyler Lytle committing to the 'Canes in the near future. The 6-foot-4, 185-pound pro-style quarterback out of Servite HS in Anaheim, California had visited the 'Canes twice within the last year including in June for the Al Golden Football Camp. A source close to Tyler tells me that the only thing holding Lytle back from committing is his parents wanting him to evaluate all of his options. Lytle told me back in June he will be visiting during the regular season for a game.

Lytle's only other offer at the time is from Colorado State.

**Highlights: Tyler Lytle - Hudl
evaluate all of his options? all of what options? lol

Advertisement
I have been hearing rumblings about 2017 QB Tyler Lytle committing to the 'Canes in the near future. The 6-foot-4, 185-pound pro-style quarterback out of Servite HS in Anaheim, California had visited the 'Canes twice within the last year including in June for the Al Golden Football Camp. A source close to Tyler tells me that the only thing holding Lytle back from committing is his parents wanting him to evaluate all of his options. Lytle told me back in June he will be visiting during the regular season for a game.

Lytle's only other offer at the time is from Colorado State.

**Highlights: Tyler Lytle - Hudl
evaluate all of his options? all of what options? lol

That means he's waiting for other schools to come around

It's just a matter of time before Notre Dame offers now that Hunter Johnson committed to Tennessee and when they do he'll commit.

The OC at his HS school went to ND so no doubt he'll be pushed there. Unlike ND he was our primary target from day one.

Advertisement
Back