2017 Cali QB is on commit watch

Nash Williams

Freshman
I have been hearing rumblings about 2017 QB Tyler Lytle committing to the 'Canes in the near future. The 6-foot-4, 185-pound pro-style quarterback out of Servite HS in Anaheim, California had visited the 'Canes twice within the last year including in June for the Al Golden Football Camp. A source close to Tyler tells me that the only thing holding Lytle back from committing is his parents wanting him to evaluate all of his options. Lytle told me back in June he will be visiting during the regular season for a game.

Lytle's only other offer at the time is from Colorado State.

**Highlights: Tyler Lytle - Hudl

Advertisement
Servite now holds 4 transfers from Bosco - The Varsity Board - NationalHSFootball Varsity Board

Servite now holds 4 transfers from Bosco

-Tyler Lytle four star junior 6'5 QB with offers from Miami/Colorado

- Terrel Bynum four star 6'1 WR Junior had a record breaking performance against DLS offers from USC, Florida, etc

- Keith Taylor 6'3 four star Junior Corner offers from San Jose, Washington, UCLA is heavily interested

-Curtis Hernadez n/a long snapper for the Braves

Interesting! Apparently the QB tyler has been the one "recruiting"

If all four of them stayed I can't help but believe St.John Bosco could be ranked inside 1-3.

Doesn't surprise me. Been hearing the same for some time now Nash.

Coley strikes again. Say what you want about Coley as an OC. He has a good eye for QBs.

Quick fact when I've spoken to Lytle. He is originally from Orlando. Grew up a Miami and USC fan as well. Moved to Cali.

Heard some things along the lines of "Wants to be the next Kaaya"

[MENTION=89]canes[/MENTION]EDIT has spoke with Lytle a lot, kid is very high on Miami.

He's a great get when it happens, had him penciled in for 2017 along with some other prospects.

Might seem like a low blow when I say this to some. I have him higher on my board at QB over other targets like Blackman and Allen. Blackman was best QB I saw at the shootout (Yes, over Jake. Ask anyone who was there) but still is a bit of a project. I like Jake, I just have concerns about his size.

I feel Lytle has the talent to be special. Best QB in Cali in 2017. Big kid and has some legs and an arm. 6'4"-6'5" right now entering his junior season. He is going to blow up.

The tape speaks for itself.

Last edited:
Hie will be playing against top-level compitition. Servite usually plays a really tough schedule being in the toughest league/district in the country (trinity league). They also have a ESPN game against Gorman. Maybe against DLS, too.

08/28
7:00p
Fountain Valley (Fountain Valley, CA)
Game Details: Cerritos College s, Stadium

09/04
@ Bishop Amat (La Puente, CA)

09/11
@ De La Salle (Concord, CA)

09/18
@ Edison (Huntington Beach, CA)
Game Details: Orange Coast College

09/25
@ Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas, NV)
Game Details: Fertitta Field

10/09
JSerra Catholic (San Juan Capistrano, CA)
Game Details: Cerritos College

10/16
Orange Lutheran (Orange, CA)

10/23
@ Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA)
Rivalry Game

10/30
Santa Margarita (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA)

11/06
@ St. John Bosco (Bellflower, CA)

Last edited:
Plays at a football powerhouse, just hope he is more Kaaya and less the typical maxed out SoCal QB prospect.

Advertisement
Hie will be playing against top-level compitition. Servite usually plays a really tough schedule being in the toughest league/district in the country (trinity league). They also have a ESPN game against Gorman. Maybe against DLS, too.

08/28

09/04

09/11

09/18

09/25

10/09

10/16

10/23
Rivalry Game

10/30

11/06

Holy sh*t at that schedule.

That is a very impressive High School Football Schedule. An getting Tyler Lytle to commit this early would be a huge boast solidifying some of these 16', 17', & 18' WR's that are on the fence about Miami despite Jack Allison being committed to UM as well. It would definitely solidify the QB position for the next 7 years.

Thanks for sharing Nash.

Go Canes

Man, getting Kaaya in 14', Allison in 16', and Lytle in 17' would be ridiculous. Hope it works out that way

Doesn't surprise me. Been hearing the same for some time now Nash.

Coley strikes again. Say what you want about Coley as an OC. He has a good eye for QBs.

Quick fact when I've spoken to Lytle. He is originally from Orlando. Grew up a Miami and USC fan as well. Moved to Cali.

Heard some things along the lines of "Wants to be the next Kaaya"

[MENTION=89]canes[/MENTION]EDIT has spoke with Lytle a lot, kid is very high on Miami.

He's a great get when it happens, had him penciled in for 2017 along with some other prospects.

Might seem like a low blow when I say this to some. I have him higher on my board at QB over other targets like Blackman and Allen. Blackman was best QB I saw at the shootout (Yes, over Jake. Ask anyone who was there) but still is a bit of a project. I like Jake, I just have concerns about his size.

I feel Lytle has the talent to be special. Best QB in Cali in 2017. Big kid and has some legs and an arm. 6'4"-6'5" right now entering his junior season. He is going to blow up.

The tape speaks for itself.

Geo this kid participated in a lot of camps this summer Michigan, ND, etc any idea why he hasn't received more offers? His tape looks phenomenal.

Advertisement
I've spoken a bunch of **** about Pricko Suave as an OC and it's well-founded when you look at the numbers...but I do have to agree about his talent evaluation skills at the QB position. No question about it, that guy can spot a special QB.

Would be nice to take 2 in that class. Get Lytle as the frontliner and then take Blackman as the high ceiling second QB.

Can we please go after his High school teammate as well, Keith Taylor. 6'3 CB yes please. Tyler Lytle is the QB I want anyway. I'm confident his recruitment will have a Kaaya type feeling to it and he will move up the rankings just like Brad did

Advertisement

08/28

09/04

09/11

09/18

09/25

10/09

10/16

10/23
Rivalry Game

10/30

11/06

Insane!

I cannot imagine any school in the country with a tougher schedule than that.

Last edited:
Advertisement

08/28

09/04

09/11

09/18

09/25

10/09

10/16

10/23
Rivalry Game

10/30

11/06

Insane!

I cannot imagine any school in the country with a tougher schedule than that.

Potentially 5-6 top-25 teams by the end of the season. In the first round of the playoffs they would have to play a team like Poly (lost last year by a point). Trinity league and Pac-5 championship is legit. I don't see a tougher playoff and league in HS football.

Why do you guys love him so much, but no schools in CA (or anywhere else for that matter) care for him?

Advertisement
Back