2016 NFL Combine

Can you really blame Golden for Howard never growing into his 5 * Status?

I think all of us wanted Howard to live up to his billing, but it was 4 years of disappointment.

We used a press man corner in an off Cover 3. We never gave him a chance to use what he was good at. Not even a look in the nickel? It's up to the coach to find a way to get their players in a position to be successful. I know TH didn't have elite measurables or speed, but they didn't do much to help him.

We are going to have to disagree on this one... Guy was NOT good in man. Heck all of his picks came in zone, his instincts should have been better in zone. He cannot run with guys in man, he gets lots of PI's. When you don't have speed or measurables, zone is your spot! And he was terrible there. He was DVD but slow, lots of dancing not lots of plays made...

Your post is flawed from the start. He said PRESS MAN. Press man is a total different element than playing shadow man.

Shadow man is terrible and even the slowest players are a tough cover.

But when you can actually jam or press a guy off of his technique/ route then you cut down on how much speed that player can use against you. A decided advantage that many slower NFL cbs use.

So again. Tracy Howard was not used in a press man corner role

Advertisement
Call it what you want. Dude can't play that either. That's where his PIs came from. He doesn't look for the ball, mediocre ball skills when he does, and not fast. I'll be very surprised if he makes a roster. Doubt he gets drafted. Hopefully he proves me wrong. Who are these slow corners using strictly press man? No one presses all game, with very few exceptions.

"We played Quentin Jammer, he was great at jamming a guy on the line of scrimmage. He wasn’t great playing off. In zone, man and everything we did, he jammed the guy on the line of scrimmage and played it. That’s what you do. That’s a simple way of telling you how you play with players you have and fit your scheme to what they can do. That’s the only way I can explain it, I guess."

Advertisement
Call it what you want. Dude can't play that either. That's where his PIs came from. He doesn't look for the ball, mediocre ball skills when he does, and not fast. I'll be very surprised if he makes a roster. Doubt he gets drafted. Hopefully he proves me wrong. Who are these slow corners using strictly press man? No one presses all game, with very few exceptions.

Man, stop it. You have never seen any of our cbs in press man coverage because Golden doesn't allow it and Paul Williams can't teach it. So please tell me how you know he can't play press man coverage?

If taught correctly, consistently you don't have faith in him?

Tracy Howard was overrated. I love how people continue to build him up because he was a 5 star recruit 5 years ago. He was severely outplayed by both of our corners last season. I wanted Howard to succeed too, but sometimes it doesn't work out. He won't be good in the NFL, if he makes it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back